Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Gah, this is hard! The early season were so good!!

It really was a lovely, charming little show once upon a time, wasn't it?

Two of the more obnoxious Max-based scenes out right off the bat.  My people!  5, 20 gone.  Voting against two.

Favorite Episode End Scenes – Season 1

1. Pilot – Luke's. The girls have survived their first (somewhat disastrous) FND. Lorelai grills Rory about Dean. Luke tries to get Rory to eat something healthy. “Rory, please, put down that cup of coffee. You do not want to grow up to be like your mom.” “Sorry, too late.”

2. The Lorelai's First Day at Chilton – Town Square. The girls and Lane eat pizza as they walk home. Mrs. Kim has found a bulk tofu supplier. Paris turned fourteen shades of purple when Rory beat her to an answer in history class. Lorelai wonders if Rory thinks Luke is cute. “If you date him, you'll break up, and we'll never be able to eat there again.” Luke waits until they've walked off before changing his sign to Closed.

3. Kill Me Now – FND. Emily is pleased Rory had such a great time at the club with Richard. “It's just very interesting the way things turn out, isn't it?” The three of them leave Lorelai alone while they go to Richard's study to check out a book he found for Rory.

4. The Deer Hunters – Crap Shack. The girls come in after meeting with Max and Headmaster Charleston following the getting-hit-by-a-deer/late-to-class incident. Lorelai listens to a message from Max while Rory gets changed to head to Luke's. “And if your mother is listening – Lorelai, it was a pleasure encountering you. I hope it happens again.”

6. Rory's Birthday Parties – Crap Shack. Dean gives Rory the bracelet he made for her. “I'm sorry about this sort of sneaky thing. I just haven't told my mother yet about you.” Lorelai watches from the kitchen window in shock.

7. Kiss and Tell – Crap Shack. Rory finally tells Lorelai about Dean's kiss. “So he was working and I go into the store, and I sort of walked around and was pretending to shop...”

8. Love & War & Snow – Crap Shack. Rory processes the fact that Max got snowed in and spent the night on their couch. “Did he go into the bathroom? I have stuff hanging in there!”

9. Rory's Dance – Crap Shack. Rory overhears Lorelai and Emily fighting over her falling asleep with Dean at Miss Patty's after the dance, and then gets into a fight with Lorelai herself. “This is crap! You know I didn't do anything. You know this was an accident. You're just mad because I screwed up and I did it in front of Grandma and she nailed you for it. Well I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I screwed up and I'm sorry that you got yelled at, but I didn't do anything and you know it!”

10. Forgiveness & Stuff – Luke's. Lorelai brings Luke a hat and thanks him for being there for her when Richard went to the hospital. They watch the Christmas procession through Luke's window. “It’s hard to imagine living somewhere else, isn’t it?”

11. Paris is Burning – Crap Shack. Rory comes in and finds Lorelai crying after breaking up with Max.

12. Double Date – Luke's. Luke and Lorelai talk about the double dates the night before. “Yeah, in fact you rushed out of here before I had a chance to --” “A chance to...?” “Kick your ass in poker.” “Hah, you wish.”

13. Concert Interruptus – Town Square. Lorelai gives Luke the sweatshirt – Rachel's sweatshirt - she bought at the rummage sale back. “I’m not pining, you know.” “I know.” “Just remembering.” “Got it.”

14. That Damn Donna Reed – Town Square. Christopher rumbles into town for the first time. “My folks are back in Connecticut so I'm here to see them, and on the way I thought I'd stop by and surprise the Gilmore girls. Are you surprised?” “Oh, the teeniest feather could knock me in the gutter.”

15. Christopher Returns – Luke's. Lorelai had the bread guy let her in so she could paint, after standing Luke up for their painting date earlier. “So, uh, where’s the guy?” “Oh, he’s gone.” “Oh, too bad.” “We’ll be fine.”

16. Star-Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers – Crap Shack. Rory comes in from her 3-month anniversary date and tells Lorelai she and Dean just broke up.

17. The Breakup, Part 2 – Crap Shack. Rory has a tub of ice cream and is ready to wallow now. “Hey Joe, it’s Lorelai. I need a pizza with everything, okay? Thanks.”

18. The Third Lorelai – Town Square. Rory breaks the news to Lorelai that she loaned Paris Lorelai's clothes and may never get them back. Lorelai breaks the news to Rory that Gran rescinded her offer to let Rory have the trust fund early. “You lost out on $250,000 today.” “What?”

19. Emily in Wonderland – Dragonfly Property. The girls sit outside on the grass and dream about it being beautiful again some day while Sookie wanders around freaking out. “Wow, your own inn.” “Cool, huh?”

21. Love, Daisies, and Troubadours – Town Square. The girls meet up by the gazebo. They both have exciting news to share. “You first!” “You first!”

10 hours ago, lulu1960 said:

Taryn, just a little heads up. I will be on vacation so I probably won't be around to play. 

Have fun Lulu!!

11, 14 goners!

1. Pilot – Luke's. The girls have survived their first (somewhat disastrous) FND. Lorelai grills Rory about Dean. Luke tries to get Rory to eat something healthy. “Rory, please, put down that cup of coffee. You do not want to grow up to be like your mom.” “Sorry, too late.”

2. The Lorelai's First Day at Chilton – Town Square. The girls and Lane eat pizza as they walk home. Mrs. Kim has found a bulk tofu supplier. Paris turned fourteen shades of purple when Rory beat her to an answer in history class. Lorelai wonders if Rory thinks Luke is cute. “If you date him, you'll break up, and we'll never be able to eat there again.” Luke waits until they've walked off before changing his sign to Closed.

3. Kill Me Now – FND. Emily is pleased Rory had such a great time at the club with Richard. “It's just very interesting the way things turn out, isn't it?” The three of them leave Lorelai alone while they go to Richard's study to check out a book he found for Rory.

4. The Deer Hunters – Crap Shack. The girls come in after meeting with Max and Headmaster Charleston following the getting-hit-by-a-deer/late-to-class incident. Lorelai listens to a message from Max while Rory gets changed to head to Luke's. “And if your mother is listening – Lorelai, it was a pleasure encountering you. I hope it happens again.”

6. Rory's Birthday Parties – Crap Shack. Dean gives Rory the bracelet he made for her. “I'm sorry about this sort of sneaky thing. I just haven't told my mother yet about you.” Lorelai watches from the kitchen window in shock.

7. Kiss and Tell – Crap Shack. Rory finally tells Lorelai about Dean's kiss. “So he was working and I go into the store, and I sort of walked around and was pretending to shop...”

8. Love & War & Snow – Crap Shack. Rory processes the fact that Max got snowed in and spent the night on their couch. “Did he go into the bathroom? I have stuff hanging in there!”

9. Rory's Dance – Crap Shack. Rory overhears Lorelai and Emily fighting over her falling asleep with Dean at Miss Patty's after the dance, and then gets into a fight with Lorelai herself. “This is crap! You know I didn't do anything. You know this was an accident. You're just mad because I screwed up and I did it in front of Grandma and she nailed you for it. Well I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I screwed up and I'm sorry that you got yelled at, but I didn't do anything and you know it!”

10. Forgiveness & Stuff – Luke's. Lorelai brings Luke a hat and thanks him for being there for her when Richard went to the hospital. They watch the Christmas procession through Luke's window. “It’s hard to imagine living somewhere else, isn’t it?”

12. Double Date – Luke's. Luke and Lorelai talk about the double dates the night before. “Yeah, in fact you rushed out of here before I had a chance to --” “A chance to...?” “Kick your ass in poker.” “Hah, you wish.”

13. Concert Interruptus – Town Square. Lorelai gives Luke the sweatshirt – Rachel's sweatshirt - she bought at the rummage sale back. “I’m not pining, you know.” “I know.” “Just remembering.” “Got it.”

15. Christopher Returns – Luke's. Lorelai had the bread guy let her in so she could paint, after standing Luke up for their painting date earlier. “So, uh, where’s the guy?” “Oh, he’s gone.” “Oh, too bad.” “We’ll be fine.”

16. Star-Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers – Crap Shack. Rory comes in from her 3-month anniversary date and tells Lorelai she and Dean just broke up.

17. The Breakup, Part 2 – Crap Shack. Rory has a tub of ice cream and is ready to wallow now. “Hey Joe, it’s Lorelai. I need a pizza with everything, okay? Thanks.”

18. The Third Lorelai – Town Square. Rory breaks the news to Lorelai that she loaned Paris Lorelai's clothes and may never get them back. Lorelai breaks the news to Rory that Gran rescinded her offer to let Rory have the trust fund early. “You lost out on $250,000 today.” “What?”

19. Emily in Wonderland – Dragonfly Property. The girls sit outside on the grass and dream about it being beautiful again some day while Sookie wanders around freaking out. “Wow, your own inn.” “Cool, huh?”

21. Love, Daisies, and Troubadours – Town Square. The girls meet up by the gazebo. They both have exciting news to share. “You first!” “You first!”

4, 8 gone.

3, 21 gone.  Still two.

16, 18 gone!  Still two.

6, 17 out!  Still two.

7, 13 out.  Let's drop to voting against one to get down to our Top Three.