Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

Bless you all for unanimously voting out 1 so I don't even have to look at it anymore.  14 is also goners!

Favorite Openers Season 5

2. A Messenger, Nothing More – Town Square. Lorelai quickly makes her way past Miss Patty's and several vendors getting ready for the Cider Mill grand opening. “Apple down!”

3. Written in the Stars – FND. The girls have drinks and appetizers with Richard in the pool house. “Shaken, not stirred, please, Jeeves.” “His name is Robert.” They then move on to dinner with Emily in the main house. She is upset that they waste all their conversation with Richard. “What was new twenty minutes ago?”

4. Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too – Crap Shack. Luke is cooking breakfast. Lorelai wants Luke's for breakfast, but not in her own kitchen. It's like Tommy Lee having a Starbuck's in his own house. “'Cribs', baby. Watch it.”

5. We Got Us a Pippi Virgin – Dragonfly. Sookie and Lorelai try to figure out ways to get more people out to the Dragonfly. Maybe hookers, or Bill Maher. Jackson's Selectman job is not going well. He refuses to sign for more parking spaces. “I'll forge that for you.” “Thanks.”

6. Norman Mailer, I'm Pregnant! – Crap Shack. Luke and Lorelai are headed to the movies, she just has to find her keys and finish the laundry. Her socks are in the oven, her keys are in the door. “I can never pick you up here again.”

7. You Jump, I Jump, Jack – FND. Lorelai's late, she honked. Emily knows Lorelai is dating Luke, Kirk told her. “My Kirk? Stars Hollow's Kirk? Kirk who hasn't started shaving yet, Kirk? How did you find out from him?” Emily assumes there is something wrong with Luke. “You jumped on Rory when you thought she told me. You were hiding it.”

8. The Party's Over – FND. Richard serves the girls steak on a stick. Emily is not pleased. “Those are not appetizers! Those are skewers!” She makes the girls eat seconds of everything at dinner to prove they're still hungry. “Grandma's mean.” “If it flew, swam, or crawled on this earth, we just ate it.”

9. Emily Says Hello – Town Square. Jackson is hiding from the townspeople, but he needs to buy a bunch of pregnancy cravings foods for Sookie. Lorelai will go into Doose's for him, as long as he'll get to work on the pothole in the road outside the Dragonfly. “What's one leech versus a swarm?”

10. But Not as Cute as Pushkin – Town Square. Miss Patty invites Lorelai to her 40-years-in-show-business anniversary party. Lorelai doesn't know about Luke's dark day. “Nobody knows where he goes or what he does. All we know is not to try and find him.”

11. Women of Questionable Morals – Luke's Apartment. Lorelai drags Luke outside. She smells snow. “We go back, snow and me. We have a beautiful history.”

12. Come Home – Luke's Apartment. Lorelai is trying to go to bed early so she can spend more time with Luke. She wonders why he doesn't have a TV to fall asleep to. “You know what ruins your REM sleep, is all those articles about REM sleep.”

13. Wedding Bell Blues – Luke's. Luke is on the phone making a boat supplies order. Lorelai wants a pair of fisherman's boots. “They're yellow and cute. I'll look like the Morton's Salt girl!”

15. Jews & Chinese Food – Yale. Lorelai comes to pick up Rory, but has to get through Paris and Doyle first. “I'm so sorry. I shouldn't be talking about love, or sex, especially since you – “ “Since I?” “Don't have any.”

16. So...Good Talk – Crap Shack. Lorelai calls Rory to complain about the mail. She's gotten another postcard from Emily. “'Dear Lorelai, kicked a dog, then punched a gypsy in the groin.' Oh, that's nice.”

17. Pulp Friction – Luke's. Kirk is gathering up everyone's pink/blue ribbons since Luke and Lorelai are back together. “This is bigger than your love of pink!” Lorelai has brought an enemy coffee cup into the diner. “This is not coffee. This is a mocha chocolate caramel swirl-a-cino with extra whipped cream.”

18. To Live and Let Diorama – Town Square. Townspeople have gathered to say goodbye to Old Man Twickham, in case he really is dying this time. (Spoiler: He is!) “Dying is exhausting.” “Yeah, he's thinking of taking a break and picking up again tomorrow.”

19. But I'm a Gilmore! – Crap Shack. Rory, Paris, and Kirk are all hung over. Lorelai has hangover food ready – tacos, fries, pop tarts. “I think I got a cavity. I have got to stop partying like this.”

20. How Many Kropogs to Cape Cod? – Crap Shack/Yale. The girls sit on the phone with each other and watch their Roombas work. “So is this more or less fun than watching the same TV show at the same time?”

21. Blame Booze and Melville – FND. Emily is serving fondue. The girls need more marshmallows. Emily needs help picking out a dancer. “I bet Gregorio would be good dipped in chocolate.”

22. A House is Not a Home – Police Station. Rory's been arrested. Lorelai is there to pick her up. So are Colin and Finn. “My G-d those are good genes.”

20, 22 gone.  (Of all the unbelievable things this show wants me to believe, BOTH of the Gilmore girls having a Roomba is right up there at the top.  Those things are frigging expensive, and they've never given the impression they're anti-clutter enough for one to be effective anyway.  I call shenanigans.)

2. A Messenger, Nothing More – Town Square. Lorelai quickly makes her way past Miss Patty's and several vendors getting ready for the Cider Mill grand opening. “Apple down!”

3. Written in the Stars – FND. The girls have drinks and appetizers with Richard in the pool house. “Shaken, not stirred, please, Jeeves.” “His name is Robert.” They then move on to dinner with Emily in the main house. She is upset that they waste all their conversation with Richard. “What was new twenty minutes ago?”

4. Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too – Crap Shack. Luke is cooking breakfast. Lorelai wants Luke's for breakfast, but not in her own kitchen. It's like Tommy Lee having a Starbuck's in his own house. “'Cribs', baby. Watch it.”

5. We Got Us a Pippi Virgin – Dragonfly. Sookie and Lorelai try to figure out ways to get more people out to the Dragonfly. Maybe hookers, or Bill Maher. Jackson's Selectman job is not going well. He refuses to sign for more parking spaces. “I'll forge that for you.” “Thanks.”

6. Norman Mailer, I'm Pregnant! – Crap Shack. Luke and Lorelai are headed to the movies, she just has to find her keys and finish the laundry. Her socks are in the oven, her keys are in the door. “I can never pick you up here again.”

7. You Jump, I Jump, Jack – FND. Lorelai's late, she honked. Emily knows Lorelai is dating Luke, Kirk told her. “My Kirk? Stars Hollow's Kirk? Kirk who hasn't started shaving yet, Kirk? How did you find out from him?” Emily assumes there is something wrong with Luke. “You jumped on Rory when you thought she told me. You were hiding it.”

8. The Party's Over – FND. Richard serves the girls steak on a stick. Emily is not pleased. “Those are not appetizers! Those are skewers!” She makes the girls eat seconds of everything at dinner to prove they're still hungry. “Grandma's mean.” “If it flew, swam, or crawled on this earth, we just ate it.”

9. Emily Says Hello – Town Square. Jackson is hiding from the townspeople, but he needs to buy a bunch of pregnancy cravings foods for Sookie. Lorelai will go into Doose's for him, as long as he'll get to work on the pothole in the road outside the Dragonfly. “What's one leech versus a swarm?”

10. But Not as Cute as Pushkin – Town Square. Miss Patty invites Lorelai to her 40-years-in-show-business anniversary party. Lorelai doesn't know about Luke's dark day. “Nobody knows where he goes or what he does. All we know is not to try and find him.”

11. Women of Questionable Morals – Luke's Apartment. Lorelai drags Luke outside. She smells snow. “We go back, snow and me. We have a beautiful history.”

12. Come Home – Luke's Apartment. Lorelai is trying to go to bed early so she can spend more time with Luke. She wonders why he doesn't have a TV to fall asleep to. “You know what ruins your REM sleep, is all those articles about REM sleep.”

13. Wedding Bell Blues – Luke's. Luke is on the phone making a boat supplies order. Lorelai wants a pair of fisherman's boots. “They're yellow and cute. I'll look like the Morton's Salt girl!”

15. Jews & Chinese Food – Yale. Lorelai comes to pick up Rory, but has to get through Paris and Doyle first. “I'm so sorry. I shouldn't be talking about love, or sex, especially since you – “ “Since I?” “Don't have any.”

16. So...Good Talk – Crap Shack. Lorelai calls Rory to complain about the mail. She's gotten another postcard from Emily. “'Dear Lorelai, kicked a dog, then punched a gypsy in the groin.' Oh, that's nice.”

17. Pulp Friction – Luke's. Kirk is gathering up everyone's pink/blue ribbons since Luke and Lorelai are back together. “This is bigger than your love of pink!” Lorelai has brought an enemy coffee cup into the diner. “This is not coffee. This is a mocha chocolate caramel swirl-a-cino with extra whipped cream.”

18. To Live and Let Diorama – Town Square. Townspeople have gathered to say goodbye to Old Man Twickham, in case he really is dying this time. (Spoiler: He is!) “Dying is exhausting.” “Yeah, he's thinking of taking a break and picking up again tomorrow.”

19. But I'm a Gilmore! – Crap Shack. Rory, Paris, and Kirk are all hung over. Lorelai has hangover food ready – tacos, fries, pop tarts. “I think I got a cavity. I have got to stop partying like this.”

21. Blame Booze and Melville – FND. Emily is serving fondue. The girls need more marshmallows. Emily needs help picking out a dancer. “I bet Gregorio would be good dipped in chocolate.”

2 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

(Of all the unbelievable things this show wants me to believe, BOTH of the Gilmore girls having a Roomba is right up there at the top.  Those things are frigging expensive, and they've never given the impression they're anti-clutter enough for one to be effective anyway.  I call shenanigans.)

I call product placement. I didn’t see much of that in GG, though. Probably didn’t notice.

Go back to your elimination game that I can’t keep up with but enjoy watching.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, lulu1960 said:

I like 4. The way Lorelai says "Cribs, Baby, watch it." and pets Luke's head is kind of cute.

I like it too, for the same reason.  But, it's gone!  As is 19.

56 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

I like it too, for the same reason.  But, it's gone!  As is 19

I demand a recount. 

2, 21

2, 21 gone!

5, 9 out!

17, 18 gone!

7, 13 out!

10, 6 out!