Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

Ah, man, I had to play tie-breaker and it was between three I really like.  :/  Life goes on.  And it's going on without 28 and 3.  Vote against two!

1. Emily tells the girls Cousin Claudia has died, and reminisces about the time they stayed with Rudoph Gottfried while they were in Munich. "Mom, you socialized with a Nazi? That's despicable! That's heinous!" "No, dear, that was a joke." (Cinnamon's Wake)

2. Richard serves Johnny Machete for dinner, despite Emily's disdain.  "I saw an open can of cream of mushroom soup. Nothing good can come of that."  Rory reveals that she's decided to go to Yale.  (Happy Birthday, Baby)

10. Emily tells the girls to go around and put post-it notes on all the things they'd like to receive in the will. Lorelai wants to talk to her about Rory's birthday. "Should I sit down?" "Yeah, but not there, okay? We've got a post-it on that. We'd like to keep it nice." Emily refuses to change the night they come over for dinner and plans a party instead.  (Rory's Birthday Parties)

13. The Gilmores laugh, cry, and fight their way through an evening. "I only wished I'd remembered to call her a cocktail waitress." Friday Night Dinners have officially been reinstated. (Friday Night's Alright for Fighting)

18. Emily lets Rory skip FND to go on a 3-month anniversary date. She invites someone over and tries to set him up with Lorelai. "I'd love to be picking my locale right now." Lorelai sneaks out the window to escape. (Star Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers)

19. Rory attends FND alone because Lorelai has to buy last-minute things for the move to Yale. Emily holds Rory hostage with ballroom dancing videos until Lorelai comes to rescue her. "She won't let me leave, ever. This is Iran in '79 and you are Jimmy Carter." (Ballrooms & Biscotti)

20. The girls attend the first - of many - Friday night dinners. Rory is tall. Richard brags on Christopher. Lorelai and Emily argue about whether it's always going to be like this. "Well, fine, you have your precious pride and I have my weekly dinners. Isn't that nice? We both win." (Pilot)

27. A snowstorm keeps Lorelai from getting to FND and strands Rory in Hartford for the night. She introduces her grandparents to frozen pizza and they look at old pictures of Lorelai. "Mom had a coming out party?" "No, she didn't." "....Oh." (Love and War and Snow)

30. Rory finds out she's got a new job. She leaves in three days. "So, this is it. This is the last time we'll see you for who knows how long." "Oh, yeah, I guess it is." "After-dinner drinks for sure." (Bon Voyage)

• Love 1

Clear choices this time - 1 and 20.  Time to drop to voting against one.

2. Richard serves Johnny Machete for dinner, despite Emily's disdain.  "I saw an open can of cream of mushroom soup. Nothing good can come of that."  Rory reveals that she's decided to go to Yale.  (Happy Birthday, Baby)

10. Emily tells the girls to go around and put post-it notes on all the things they'd like to receive in the will. Lorelai wants to talk to her about Rory's birthday. "Should I sit down?" "Yeah, but not there, okay? We've got a post-it on that. We'd like to keep it nice." Emily refuses to change the night they come over for dinner and plans a party instead.  (Rory's Birthday Parties)

13. The Gilmores laugh, cry, and fight their way through an evening. "I only wished I'd remembered to call her a cocktail waitress." Friday Night Dinners have officially been reinstated. (Friday Night's Alright for Fighting)

18. Emily lets Rory skip FND to go on a 3-month anniversary date. She invites someone over and tries to set him up with Lorelai. "I'd love to be picking my locale right now." Lorelai sneaks out the window to escape. (Star Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers)

19. Rory attends FND alone because Lorelai has to buy last-minute things for the move to Yale. Emily holds Rory hostage with ballroom dancing videos until Lorelai comes to rescue her. "She won't let me leave, ever. This is Iran in '79 and you are Jimmy Carter." (Ballrooms & Biscotti)

27. A snowstorm keeps Lorelai from getting to FND and strands Rory in Hartford for the night. She introduces her grandparents to frozen pizza and they look at old pictures of Lorelai. "Mom had a coming out party?" "No, she didn't." "....Oh." (Love and War and Snow)

30. Rory finds out she's got a new job. She leaves in three days. "So, this is it. This is the last time we'll see you for who knows how long." "Oh, yeah, I guess it is." "After-dinner drinks for sure." (Bon Voyage)

18 picked it's locale, and it's somewhere other than in this game.  Which one is next?

Ack!  It's up to me to be the tie-breaker between two great ones.  I love the L&W&S scene just a little more, so I'm voting out 2.  Sorry Johnny Machete, we hardly knew ya.

I get to play tie-breaker and oust 13 (because I'm haughty and powerful like that).  Our Final Four!

1 hour ago, Bumblebee Tights said:

10!..I'm just going to keep trying.?

No really, I don't get the attachment to this one. It's not a big stand out to me..maybe I'll have to rewatch.

Heh, I just find the whole post-it note thing so hysterical.  "Oh, you know, just getting ready for the big day."

• Love 1

Shedding a wee little tear as we say goodbye to 10.  (Not that it was an important moment or anything, I just find it so dang funny.)  Which one is next??

Our last two!

27 has a special part in my heart just because it was nice to see Rory bond with her grandparents and I loved Richard in that ep. But just because of the emotion in it and Lorelai actually voluntarily saying they'll stay longer, 30 has to win for me. :)