Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E18: E mālama pono (Handle with Care)

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, GustheCat said:

There was a fast scene before the truck was started that shows Steve hooking the battery back up in the truck. If you blinked, you missed it, it was very quick. Of course, since he didn't need the battery "protection" in the first place he wasted enough time so as not to be able to get a safe distance away from the blast but I thought the explosion/shock wave was pretty neat.

The only reason I even noticed it was that I was like "come on! no way you're able to do that and drive away before the countdown ends." Seems like every ticking clock plot line anywhere does this. It doesn't make it more exciting to me, it detracts because I sit back and criticize how long it is taking them in reality. In one movie, it was so bad, I completely checked out and worked out a problem I'd been having on something I was working on at work, and fixed it by the time they "beat the clock" (in this case, literal - they needed to get to the clock before it struck 12 - and started out something like a mile away when the clock struck one).

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 1
On 2/26/2017 at 11:16 AM, ganesh said:

Seriously, playing Slow Ride was hilarious. That's what the show is about. 

It would have been even better if it had been playing on the truck's sound system and they were both bobbing their heads along with the music, with no comment on the irony.

On 3/2/2017 at 9:48 AM, fishcakes said:

That whole thing seemed ludicrous to me, especially when he strapped the car battery to his chest saying it would protect him the way a lead apron protects you when you get an x-ray. I'm no expert on exposure levels, but I'm pretty sure the amount of radiation you get zapped with at the dentist, for example, is a lot lower than what you'd get if you're handling big honking rods of uranium.

Also, and I realize this is kind of moot point based on what our resident nuclear medicine experts have told us, when you wear the apron at the dentist, it covers a lot more than the center of your chest. The apron is usually long enough to shield the reproductive organs, no?  Steve's bits were still exposed! 

• Love 1
On 3/1/2017 at 4:25 PM, Passepartout said:

Don't you just hate it when the show is pre-empted by March Madness? 

Yes! At least when it was on Monday, we only had 1 March Madness pre-emption which was when the final game aired.

• Love 1