Type keyword(s) to search

Cloak & Dagger & The Marvel Cinematic/TV Universe

• Start Topic

Besides the Roxxon Corp, which was on Agent Carter, in the background  was there anything about being in a larger world in the first two episodes?

I think Roxxon is a thread that runs through the whole MCU: movies, Netflix shows, and ABC shows. (I haven’t watched Runaways yet.)  It’s importance has varied from major storyline to Easter-egg-type reference, but it’s there. [I got curious, so here’s a more thorough discussion. Just scroll down to “In Other Media: Marvel Cinematic Universe.”]

Other than Roxxon, I haven’t noticed any direct connections. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Machiabelly said:

Does the girl who kissed Tyrone and/or her voodoo family feature in the comics. If so...how?

Nope she's a character just for the show.  Their story in the comics takes place in new York, there is no voodoo.

• Love 2
(edited)

There's an Easter Egg for C&D in the latest season of Luke Cage. In Episode 8, Detective Tyler mentions that "O'Reilly moved to New Orleans", leaving Misty the highest ranking detective in their bureau.

EDIT: In this week's episode (ep. 5), O'Reilly mentions that she did, indeed, transfer from Harlem.

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Love 4

It might not be much but when Ty was jumping in and out of the alley as Detective Connors shot at him Connors didn't freak out about seeing something impossible. As if he lived in the world where people were increasingly seeing supernatural/ super scientific feats.

7 hours ago, Raja said:

It might not be much but when Ty was jumping in and out of the alley as Detective Connors shot at him Connors didn't freak out about seeing something impossible. As if he lived in the world where people were increasingly seeing supernatural/ super scientific feats.

To be fair, this is the third time that Tyrone has teleported in front of the detective. Tends to lose it's shock value after multiple viewings.

At this moment if any Marvel product shows the world's reaction after Infinity War and however it is fixed in Avengers 4 the Cloak and dagger  team has shown the ability to pull it off.

8 hours ago, Raja said:

At this moment if any Marvel product shows the world's reaction after Infinity War and however it is fixed in Avengers 4 the Cloak and dagger  team has shown the ability to pull it off.

It seems that Marvel learned their lesson from the agents of shield  fiasco. According to the show-runner, it's a Marvel directive that all Marvel shows  take place before the infinity war until such time as the sequel happens.

• Love 1

With Runaways debuting on freeform on some type of deal with Hulu. Marvel's about one step closer to connect it's whole universe as I imagine there will be crossovers in the future

On 7/25/2018 at 6:50 AM, Sakura12 said:

I think out of all the tv shows this show is using the most name drops of other Marvel properties. We had Misty and now the Starks and Rands. 

Maybe, but they are just name drops, although from the movies and the Netflix side,  where as secondary movie characters all the way to Nick Fury have  been on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Lady Sif did more then a cameo.

7 hours ago, Raja said:

I noticed Evita picked up the kissing trick that the Red Room taught Natasha Romanoff

What kissing trick?  Did you mean when she kissed Tyrone he suddenly knew how to teleport multiple people simultaneously?

27 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

What kissing trick?  Did you mean when she kissed Tyrone he suddenly knew how to teleport multiple people simultaneously?

That people are uncomfortable watching others kiss in public so to elude their Hydra pursuers Romanoff kissed Steve Rogers in The Winter Soldier , just like Evita kissed Tyrone to shield him from the NOPD officers on the hospital floor.

• LOL 1

Passive Bridget's continues use of "this is mayhem" reminded me of Fitz with his "that's inhuman" just before S.H.I.E.L.D. found out about the Inhumans.

Edited by Raja