Type keyword(s) to search

A Year In The Life: What Would You Change?

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I'll defend Rory a little on that, and say that I can see why Rory would have that impression.  Sandee was pretty misleading in the way she dealt with Rory, and from their conversations, I can see why Rory would not necessarily understand that she was being offered an interview, rather than a job. 

Very true. But she had nothing prepared, even when she thought she was attending her first day of work. I don't know about her first days at other jobs, but I'd most first days at a new job don't just have an orientation and nothing else (I'm happy to be corrected here); I'm surprised that she didn't expect to be given a task on her first day. She didn't even know what kind of articles were written for the company. I remember Logan actually trying to help by doing her research for her, but it seemed to go in one ear and out the other. The one thing about Logan is that he has always been supportive of Rory's career and life in general. Rory always has planned ahead and made sure she was never unprepared. Yet....she was for the revival, even worse than in the last couple of seasons. Rory's pompous attitude affected her ability to perform, and it showed. I'd never hire Rory if she didn't know one thing about my company. Sandee gave her a chance to come up with an idea, any idea, and Rory gaped at her like she was asking her to build her own home. It just showed that Rory is not a good writer, after all, if she can't adjust to the sudden change of a job interview. If she can't come up with ideas on the fly, and if she can't fake being interested in what she's doing, then what good is she going to be for the company? 

I would have totally hired high school Rory or even early college years Rory. After Rory quit Yale after one piece of criticism, if I had the knowledge that I do of her as a viewer, I'd consider any other candidate before Flaky Rory. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

11 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I'll defend Rory a little on that, and say that I can see why Rory would have that impression.  Sandee was pretty misleading in the way she dealt with Rory, and from their conversations, I can see why Rory would not necessarily understand that she was being offered an interview, rather than a job. 

Very true. But she had nothing prepared, even when she thought she was attending her first day of work. I don't know about her first days at other jobs, but I'd most first days at a new job don't just have an orientation and nothing else (I'm happy to be corrected here); I'm surprised that she didn't expect to be given a task on her first day. She didn't even know what kind of articles were written for the company.

Rory thought she was doing THEM a favor, just because they wooed her a bit for an interview. Pretty naive for a 30 year old. And the chick Sandee ditched her arrogance almost immediately. 

Edited by Chewy101
  • Love 5
On 2/4/2017 at 2:08 PM, Pam Poovey said:

If nobody ever did differently from their parents, humans would still be living in trees eating fruit and nuts.

I suppose it's because it's Holy Week, but I was immediately put in mind of Cain & Abel.  "Sin" = no departure.  "Degree thereof" = yup.

I enjoyed your Calvin name-dropping. Next time, do Hobbes.*

*NOT snark; just a little lame joke

• Love 1

The further away I get from having viewed the revival the more I feel there's too much I would have changed compared to the stuff I enjoyed. I enjoyed Paris in spite of her storylines. I enjoyed Jess in spite of his Obi-Wan Kenobi act. I enjoyed Emily in spite of Gypsy now being her weirdo housekeeper.

I wonder if I'm ever going to rewatch these though. I'm thinking I may just do what I normally do and pretend everything after The Prodigal Daughter Returns doesn't happen, except for maybe Bon Voyage.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

The further away I get from having viewed the revival the more I feel there's too much I would have changed compared to the stuff I enjoyed. I enjoyed Paris in spite of her storylines. I enjoyed Jess in spite of his Obi-Wan Kenobi act. I enjoyed Emily in spite of Gypsy now being her weirdo housekeeper.

I wonder if I'm ever going to rewatch these though. I'm thinking I may just do what I normally do and pretend everything after The Prodigal Daughter Returns doesn't happen, except for maybe Bon Voyage.

While I'm on the opposite and probably UO side of Emily (hated her in the revival), I'm absolutely with you on the ignoring everything after Prodigal.

• Love 3

Table for two with the UO on Emily.  I cringed through her scenes, but then I cringed through a lot of the others as well.  I will never go back and watch it a second time - I'm permanently scarred and traumatized.

• Love 6

Emily seemed like a pod person for most of the revival. She only seemed like herself in Winter, to me.