Type keyword(s) to search

Watch A New Trailer For The Final Season Of Girls

Primetimer

These trailers make me less and less excited for the final season actually. The end mission seems to be me hating all four of the main characters. At one point far and away go, they all had at least a few good traits. I now hate every single "girl" on this show.

I wish Ray was our main character.

• Love 1

I don't honestly care who ends with who actually. Except maybe Ray and Elijah. I want happy endings for them and that for means getting the HELL away from most of the characters here. 

I was pretty excited where they left things last season and the trailers lately are just.. making me sad. Eh. I guess I should know what I'm getting into it but really, I think it's Lenas goal to make me just dislike all the girls and all that. 

I weirdly honestly do dislike all of the 'girls' most of the time; they have never, beyond a moment or two, been consistently likable. Yet I feel sad that the show is ending, and not ready to say goodbye to them. I have little explanation for that.

I love Elijah and want the happiest ending for him they can muster. Like he gets the REAL Anderson cooper and a job doing "Hedwig" on Broadway. I like Ray but he's so stupid for thinking Marnie is his great love that I don't even care anymore.

I do still wonder if Adam and Hannah are supposed to be end game. They shouldn't be. I was actually largely charmed by Jessa and Adam until the season finale last year.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, nosleepforme said:

I kind of just hope the show won't end with everyone getting all they ever wanted. I'd find it more interesting and way more authentic if Hannah doesn't become a successful writer, if Marnie doesn't ever a big singing career and so on. 

I would prefer that ending to. I just hate that the show has made me dislike all of the girls. I hope that I can find at least one quality I like in at least one of them before it ends like in season one, I really sort of liked Marnie and Hannah. I was ambivalent on Jessa, until season four and then I just straight up hated her and Sosshonna has kind of always annoyed me.

I hope Marnie and Hannah end up S best friends again. Season one was probably their best season as friends, until their big fight at the end and in those after the episodes that season Lena even said they might be the big romance of the show that has deteriorated at the end of the first season. And in the episode where Adam and Hannah broke up and Hannah said "I guess (Adam and I) aren't the grand romance" Marnie said "well maybe we are" indicating her and Hannah. So I like little moments like that. 

But no I don't want it to end up happily ever after with everyone getting their dream wish fulfillment but I do wish I didn't have a bad feeling where I'm just going to be angry at every single girl.

• Love 1

Uch. I just hate-watched the entire S5 in two sittings and have to say that I fucking loathe Hannah, she is an obnoxious, self obsessed narcissistic twat. I would be fine with her realizing she just ain't all that once and for all. As much as I dislike Adam, nobody deserves to be saddled with the ass zit known as Hannah. Marnie is just as bad but nicer to look at, which isn't saying much at this point. Jessa, fucking mess all around. Shosh is the only one of the Girls who I can even marginally stand at this point. I hoped she would end up back with Ray because they are really sweet together, but I think all these Girls are tainted goods, to be honest. I guess we're not supposed to like any of them at the end. I don't care for Hannah's sad sack parents either, and I go back and forth about liking Elijah. I would say I like Ray, but he's deluded about Marnie so yeah, I hate all these characters. Way to go Lena...

ETA: I seem to remember at the beginning of this series, Dunham talking about how this was supposed to be representative about how real girls live in their 20's, but I remember this stage of life quite well and I don't remember being a self centered, selfish twat 24/7.  Dunham seems to like female empowerment and all that so if this her version of empowered women, it's a sad, pathetic commentary about the state of women in this country (current political issues notwithstanding).

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 1