Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk : Season 9

And now I'm hungry for pastrami.

I loved the VW bus! And of course Jerry's matching shoes. Aside from Obama, I think this is the first episode where they didn't leave the city.

I got quite a few laughs so, success. The episode also worked insofar as I put Gaffigan's show back on my DVR. I like him and Michael Ian Black but initially thought the show was kind of dumb. Maybe the new season will be an improvement.

Margaret Cho -- I don't think this is one I'll be rewatching, although it was nice to see how fond she and Jerry are of each other in that supportive comedian way.

I had read that Margaret redid one of her shows but didn't realize Jerry was there. The idea of a do-over was a little weird to me because comics bomb all the time and I'm sure Margaret has. Her onstage persona and comedy have always been kind of divisive. I usually enjoy her more issues-oriented stand-up even though it doesn't necessarily make me laugh.

It's hard to believe the audience would turn on her so vehemently, but it sounded like it was maybe 1-2 people leading the outcry.

21 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I thoroughly enjoyed the sheer delight that John and Jerry took in each other.

Funny beginning to end! I only wish Jerry had turned it into a 2-parter like he did with Fallon.

One of my favorite parts of watching is imagining the thoughtful joy with which Jerry picks (1) the right car for each guest, and (2) the right sneakers for each car.

(edited)

First repeat appearance, with Bob Einstein. I liked his episode fine but did Jerry run out of comics already? If he needs suggestions, what about Russell Peters, Jen Kirkman, Iliza Shlesinger, Maria Bamford, Garfunkel and/or Oates, John Mulaney, Moshe Kasher, etc. And I really want Billy Eichner to  yell at Jerry.

(We seem to have gone a little cattywampus with the season numbers, but Crackle says this one is 9.)

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, buttersister said:

Keep the Volvo. Lose the Wiig.

I like Kristen, but that wasn't one of the better episodes.

In fact, I don't know if Jerry is deliberately trying to include more women or if he simply picks people he likes, but the non stand-ups have been some of the weaker episodes for me: Tina Fey, Sarah Jessica Parker, Ali Wentworth, that horrible Miranda You Tube whatever. Julia Louis-Dreyfuss was good, not because she was particularly funny, but because she and Jerry have such genuine ease and affection.

I binge watched this show on Netflix. Loved it! I wish the segments were longer and that the episodes were in chronological order.

My husband was not a Jerry Seinfeld fan, but this show changed his mind.

On 1/10/2018 at 8:49 PM, Milburn Stone said:

So nice to have all the episodes (at least, I think it's all the episodes) on Netflix now. Much more user-friendly than Crackle.

All but the Constanza one.

<lewisblackvoice>I don't FUCKING NEED to see you eat.</lewisblackvoice> Ugh.

On 3/9/2018 at 9:59 AM, cherrypj said:

All but the Constanza one.

For some reason I just now caught up with your post, and of course this made me go on a search for the "lost" Costanza episode, and I found a low-res version here.

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Love 1