Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: The Beast Forever / S01.E02 Prison Of The Abject

Catching up on tv while I'm sick, and I thought the first hour was a bit tough to get through, but it definitely picked up after.  The previews already gave away the Dorothy/Lucas relationship, but I still like it.

My suspicion is D'Onofrio is intentionally doing things like changing his accent - he's much different when he's the public "wizard" than when he's in private, or just talking with the witches, etc.  All part of the part he's playing, I assume.

I know East was interrogating Dorothy and Lucas, but I didn't get what was going on with flashing to them in the prison.  They seemed to actually be on the road, so I couldn't figure out what the point of Dorothy thinking she was in the prison or East making her think she was in that prison.

• Love 1

I know East was interrogating Dorothy and Lucas, but I didn't get what was going on with flashing to them in the prison.  They seemed to actually be on the road, so I couldn't figure out what the point of Dorothy thinking she was in the prison or East making her think she was in that prison.

My guess is that was just a part of the torture. She put their minds in the prison to inflict pain on their bodies. And I'm sure they felt that pain but they were fine after that so I'm assuming there was no actual physical torture. We never got a good explanation of how her powers worked or how the prison works. It's also possible that if it's tied to the prison, East gets a pass on using her magic (because the Wizard has outlawed magic).

• Love 1
On 1/5/2017 at 8:44 PM, bilgistic said:

Yeah, I don't know. I'll probably record it and watch Shark Tank. As a people, aren't we tired of The Wizard of Oz? Literally just last night, It's Always Sunny riffed on it (well, The Wiz).

Wizard of Oz ripoffs, maybe.  The Wizard of Oz, never.

On 1/7/2017 at 10:18 AM, CooperTV said:

The Wizard didn't impress me at all so far, and I like Vincent D'Onofrio as an actor.

He is really great in Daredevil, which is a fantastic show.  I barely recognized him in this and he looked bored.

Edited by Jordan27
On 1/7/2017 at 0:43 PM, call me ishmael said:

Am i the only one wondering if the "beast forever" isn't just another word for natural disasters?  The whole it can take many forms (mostly bad weather) seems a bit much to me.  

My impression so far is that is the term they apply to any mass catastrophe, which would include natural disasters but not be limited to them. They sound pseudo-religious when they talk about it so it sort of comes off as some sort of catch all term for like...cyclical..apocalyptic...something or other.