Type keyword(s) to search

Paranormal Lockdown - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Is it just me or is Nick the most annoying person ever? If I were a spirit haunting one of these houses and he came in with that aggressive attitude I'd stay quiet just to spite him. 

I was intrigued by the premise of this show but frankly I can't see it lasting ... they're never going to get anything really exceptional on tape, and the so-called "talent" is nowhere near compelling or interesting enough to make it worth slogging through an hour of "Are you here? Come out! Come show yourself!" and then acting like they heard something weird. 

TLC keeps telling me to tune into Season 2 Fridays at 9 PM. The new season was supposed to start Dec. 16, I believe. It's been two weeks and I can't seem to find it on TLC. I don't know if it's a Canada thing, but th past two weeks they aired episodes of Kindred Spirits instead at that time slot. And the next hour I get Haunted Alaska or something. It's very frustrating.

1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

TLC keeps telling me to tune into Season 2 Fridays at 9 PM. The new season was supposed to start Dec. 16, I believe. It's been two weeks and I can't seem to find it on TLC. I don't know if it's a Canada thing, but th past two weeks they aired episodes of Kindred Spirits instead at that time slot. And the next hour I get Haunted Alaska or something. It's very frustrating.

I've watched it the last two weeks on Fridays, 9 PM EST. 

It's really weird. I've taped it twice at 9 PM EST and each time it was Kindred Spirits. And this Friday and next Friday, when I look at my guide, all it says from 8 PM to 12 AM is "title to be determined." I wonder if any other Canadians are having issues? I want to watch the new season.

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 4:05 PM, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Is it just me or is Nick the most annoying person ever? If I were a spirit haunting one of these houses and he came in with that aggressive attitude I'd stay quiet just to spite him. 

I was intrigued by the premise of this show but frankly I can't see it lasting ... they're never going to get anything really exceptional on tape, and the so-called "talent" is nowhere near compelling or interesting enough to make it worth slogging through an hour of "Are you here? Come out! Come show yourself!" and then acting like they heard something weird. 

I find Nick a little annoying, but I've never seen him in anything else.  I've always liked Katrina.  I think she's calm, fearless, and can apparently fall down the stairs and power on.  I've found myself really creeped out by multiple episodes.  I do like that they don't waste time continually playing back EVPs with no response.  That irks me a little on Kindred Spirits.  I believe them when they claim to hear things, as I can usually hear them, too.

On December 31, 2016 at 6:00 PM, humbleopinion said:

Robb should be included in the team but not as an expert.

He got a bite by a bad entity, taking one for the team.

He is a sensitive so he acts like a canary in the mine for some of their lockdowns.

Tell me more about Robb, please. 

Robb is the cameraman that stays to film the team during the day but leaves to stay at a hotel at night.

He is hooked up with sensitive audio so hears sounds not heard by Nick or Katrina in the moment.

He feels the presence of an entity so is considered a "sensitive."

The creepiest experience is when there was a black entity crawling on the floor into his camera shot, behind Nick and Katrina and if Robb hadn't noted  a blacker black in his viewfinder, they would have missed it.

• Love 1

Ive always been a huge fan of both Nick and Katrina.  To me this is a paranormal dream team.  I love this show.  From the opening credits that set the tone, and the awesome opening song. One thing Ive noticed though is yes, Nick can get excited/anxious and blow right past anything that might happen to K, or hear her but not HEAR her.  He has gotten better about it in more recent eps though. I chalk it up to nerves hheh. I also like when they revisit and do update eps.  Its neat to see the evidence after.

• Love 2

Totally agree.

I'm just not impressed with the show.  My favorite part is probably being able to see the interior of where they're investigating, especially the homes.  I haven't seen much "real" happen here.  Everything they document seems to be via a paranormal device.  And I don't understand how those devices can be scientifically proven at all to be actually working.  So what's left?  Lots of overreacting to knocking and small noises.  I've lived in an old house and let me tell you, it just happens.  It's not a ghost.  I believe in hauntings and I believe in residual feelings left behind from former occupants.  But like the poster above said, I think any ghost would remain quiet just to spite this circus!   

On 12/28/2016 at 3:20 PM, jewel21 said:

It's really weird. I've taped it twice at 9 PM EST and each time it was Kindred Spirits. And this Friday and next Friday, when I look at my guide, all it says from 8 PM to 12 AM is "title to be determined." I wonder if any other Canadians are having issues? I want to watch the new season.

Its funny you say that.  Last Friday on Dest America it said a bunch of Kindred Spirits eps and they turned out to be a marathan of some blond ghostbuster that Ive never heard about. I was bummed.

Obviously the most gruesome and recent horrific crime scene(10 year anniversary) investigation location for Katrina and Nick.

The same stove that cooked the head...how could they touch it much less put their equipment on it and brush past it when they investigated the bathroom?

Katrina sleeps between the creepy stove and bathroom...Nick sleeping in between the exposed rafters in the attic...

Hardest working paranormal investigators on TV.

• Love 2
On 1/22/2017 at 1:27 PM, humbleopinion said:

Robb's the glue of the show.

The Bellaire House episode was super creepy.

Jump...Nick...jump.

Thats the same Robb from Dead Files, isnt it? He is good

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:50 AM, humbleopinion said:

Obviously the most gruesome and recent horrific crime scene(10 year anniversary) investigation location for Katrina and Nick.

The same stove that cooked the head...how could they touch it much less put their equipment on it and brush past it when they investigated the bathroom?

Katrina sleeps between the creepy stove and bathroom...Nick sleeping in between the exposed rafters in the attic...

Hardest working paranormal investigators on TV.

I want to know who the hell took the time and energy to spend hours removing human head remnants from the stove, rather than simply trashing it.  It boggles the mind.

I'm liking Katrina and Nick as a team.  She seems more laid back to his more high strung.  She also seems to have a deeper understanding of the paranormal, especially demonic, whereas he seems more likely to throw out wild theories. 

One thing I'm noticing about the show is they don't always respond to what comes from the voice boxes, because it's not caught until after filming.  The voice box last week naming the other paranormal investigator, first and last name, and stating he will be coming is one of the most chilling things I've heard in a while.  I wanted to see his reaction to that.  Too bad.

• Love 1

I would have said to the owner...Dude, stoves cost  400 bucks, think it is in your best interest and your tenants' best interest  to send this one to the dump...Bro, take a deductible.

No future tenants would want to cook their oatmeal on that appliance...Super bad karma.

It would be nice to have someone immediately deciphering the important messages coming out of the GeoBox  like Billy does on Ghost Adventures.

Johnny Hauser would have been thrilled to hear the spirits anticipating his return back to them.

Edited by humbleopinion
grammar and clarity
  • Love 2
On 12/27/2016 at 4:05 PM, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Nick is okay. The most annoying person ever is that Zac "bay-ins" (as ZB liked to pronounce it) guy he worked with on Ghost Adventurers. Now THAT was one annoying a$$hole. As a ghost, I would torn between staying quiet in "nope, nothing to see here. No haunting here. Move along" and just outright F-ing with him. 

I like Katrina - liked her back in the Paranormal State days. Not sure how I like the show yet. The jury is still out. It's entertaining for the most part so I'll watch when I catch an episode on. I really miss the Dead Files. 

Ive followed Katrina since her PRS days.  Missed her for awhile, I guess while she educated.  Glad to see her pop back up.  Same with Nick. I was afraid he was dust in the wind too, and was thrilled to see him continuing in several different projects.  I love the Shepherdstown series too.  So, in conclusion, right on you two ♡

Dagnabbit!  I had this whole big post on this.  It was HUGE I tell ya :)  and for some reason it didnt post.  Divine intervention maybe hah.  Anyway, all I had said was, there is no way thats the original oven. It cant be. If not for evidence, then just the gruesome factor alone.  What tenant would accept having to bake in that? Now the tub maybe the same one, not as easy to replace..but definitely do-able.

If you watch a replay, look closely at the pictures of the stove, the murderer wrote on the oven door, taking note of the handle and other specifics.

The landlord took some Goof off and rubbed the message from the oven door and it sits ready for use.

The head was in a pot ON the stove not in the oven to be fair.

But ewww...

• Love 1

Absolutely!  

I would even take it one further.  If the owner wouldn't put in a new stove, then I would do it myself and just have to eat it. (No pun intended hah)  there's just no way I could ever cook on the original one.

P.s.  I wonder if Louisiana is a full disclosure state

On 3/20/2017 at 3:45 PM, humbleopinion said:

Haunted ebay listing for a restored stove and oven ...has a paranormal pedigree.

Maybe Zack Bagans would want it for his creepy museum.

Ive often wondered if Zak and Nick ever talk or have a dialogue..I dont think so..I have a feeling that whole thing ended very badly.

• Love 1

Time had come for Nick to do his own thing and am sure he got multiple offers to do his own show for many years.

The chance to do investigations his own way was Nick's main reason but Zak saw it as disloyalty.

Probably still bad blood between the two.

Aaron dates Zack's sister.

Jay and Ashley and Billy are All firmly in Zack's inner circle and considered family.

Everybody wins...

Nick has his own show with Katrina in Paranormal Lock Down and Zack's Ghost Adventures rolls on successfully.

Those 2 shows are the cream of the paranormal crop.

On 4/2/2017 at 9:47 AM, humbleopinion said:

Time had come for Nick to do his own thing and am sure he got multiple offers to do his own show for many years.

The chance to do investigations his own way was Nick's main reason but Zak saw it as disloyalty.

Probably still bad blood between the two.

Aaron dates Zack's sister.

Jay and Ashley and Billy are All firmly in Zack's inner circle and considered family.

Everybody wins...

Nick has his own show with Katrina in Paranormal Lock Down and Zack's Ghost Adventures rolls on successfully.

Those 2 shows are the cream of the paranormal crop.

That's good, well said

On 4/19/2017 at 2:02 PM, humbleopinion said:

Mondays see a mini marathon of last season's shows...unlocked editions.

Still chilling...

Destination America keeps saying  new eps Monday but Im not seeing any

Just saw a blurb where Nick and Katrina are supposed to be on the View Weds, but Cindy McCain is also on and you know how that goes, that might be the whole ep.  On the plus side though, maybe we're finally getting some new eps!  One can hope!

On 1/21/2019 at 8:04 PM, humbleopinion said:

All the new shows have been good.

Equal partnership now.

The GeoBox just creeps me out but like it that Nick and Katrina use it a lot this season to communicate with the entities.

I hope there's more shows.  They only did 8 in one and 6 of the other.  I've been enjoying them.  Ditto on the geo box.  It's got such a low guttural audio.  You'd think Bill Chapel could maybe fix that. And also make it easier to carry around lol

On 3/16/2019 at 4:20 AM, RedheadZombie said:

I saw Katrina in a commercial for The Travel Channel paranormal shows. Is it possible it’s been picked up by the TC?

Yep I saw it too.  They are playing it often for the end of April.  I like Jack's shows so I'm sure I'll  dig it.  Don't know why she couldnt do both shows lol