Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Recon By Fire

paigow

2 hours ago, scribe95 said:

But where did Swagger get the gun to test fire the bullet?

The bullet itself couldn't be fired anyway.  He would first have to make a cartridge with new brass and primer, and propellant.  So all he'd need is any rifle of the appropriate caliber, and then he could get hold of suitable brass for that rifle, and reload the brass with the magic, red bullet.

What I find impossible to believe is that any bullet could be fired repeatedly, sometimes through multiple steel targets, and still be completely free of any distortion or even scratches on the surface.  And if such a bullet existed, how would it 'bulge' into the rifling?  Because without that, it wouldn't fly true worth a damn!  

• Love 1
On 12/18/2016 at 6:46 AM, waving feather said:

I guess at least this show is better than Designated Survivor (a cheese fest that one is). Some of the plots are iffy, but I find the majority of the characters interesting. No one is portrayed as completely good or completely evil.

Nadine and Julie kind of fall under the completely good category, no? And of course Mary, but she's a kid.

1 minute ago, bychance said:

Nadine and Julie kind of fall under the completely good category, no? And of course Mary, but she's a kid.

Nadine and Julie are good but not Mary Sueish. Nadine is morally sound but quite a hot mess herself personally and professionally. That's what I like about her actually... that she's not a badass who has everything under control.

It was also kind of ruthless of Julie to out Payne to the media, knowing Nadine would get into trouble for it. I just find both ladies interesting.