Type keyword(s) to search

Natasha "Natalie" Green: Jewish, Adopted and Sexually Liberated

Of all the girls I feel like Natalie represented girls everywhere when the show was on the air. I'm glad that she was the first of the girls to have sex because it broke a stereotype that the blond skinny girl was the only one to be sexually desirable.

• Love 1

Just the other day, I came across this article written by Mindy Cohn.  I thought it was great.  She seems like such a balanced person.  And the story on how she got the part of Natalie was interesting.

• Love 2

I liked the episode where Natalie's father suddenly died, and all the girls went to stay with her family. Sudden death of a loved one is horrible no matter when, let alone at that vulnerable teen stage, and despite being close friends, I know a lot of kids at that age might not go to such an event simply because they felt awkward about it. But the three went and stayed quietly with Natalie for as long as she needed.

• Love 1

^ If I remember correctly, in S1 Natalie had a sister, who was invited to Easland to talk about her job; but we just saw her in the background as Tootie's father was giving a speech. Never heard of the sister again.

Remember the one where Natalie went to meet with her bio mom, and her adoptive mom was so scared that Natalie would become all BFF with that woman and abandon her? I really like the way they played it...Natalie and bio mom got along fine, but in the end, it was just two strangers meeting and becoming friends. Natalie's mom was ultimately the woman who had raised her, and Natalie, despite still being a teenager, did realize that and reassure her mom of it. That was a good episode.

(edited)

I remember that one. It's been a while since I saw it. Natalie had a lot of good heavy issue type episodes. My favorites are the one where she almost gets raped on the way home from the costume party, the one where her dad dies, and the one where she had sex for the first time.

I rewatched one of her episodes the other day, the one where she runs for mayor and Blair dresses up in a kangaroo outfit and gives her details anonymously. That was a kind of weird one that I had zero memory of from back in the day.

Edited by love21
  • Love 1

I liked the episode where Natalie's father suddenly died, and all the girls went to stay with her family. Sudden death of a loved one is horrible no matter when, let alone at that vulnerable teen stage, and despite being close friends, I know a lot of kids at that age might not go to such an event simply because they felt awkward about it. But the three went and stayed quietly with Natalie for as long as she needed.

I liked that episode too. I also liked that they brought it up again later in the season and did shows where Natalie was still grieving. (I remember one episode where Natalie feels guilty about going to a party because she feels like she's betraying her father's memory by not staying home and thinking about him.) So many times, shows do "very special" episodes and then drop the plotline. I liked that FOL acknowledged that grief takes time and that people don't just get over things.

Edited by vanillamountain
  • Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2014 at 10:03 AM, SnarkySheep said:

I liked this episode too.  It's one of my favorites. First time I had ever heard of sitting Shiva or a Shiva house.