Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: Sirens

• Start Topic

The team gets a new lead in the mole investigation after an unknown assailant kills two men disguised as sheriff's deputies in front of Callen's home.  Nell interviews a prison inmate who has information on the department,

I'm delighted Kensi is making progress. I really am. But didn't she have a broken femur, which nessecitated surgery on the Navy ship? Those alone take 4-6 months to heal, so how is she not only running and walking but doing rehab for the spinal injury as well? And where are her surgical scars?

I think Nate is the mole. That line,  "head of the snake", was the title for that episode he was in last season.

Nice to see the moms bonding and absolutely understandable that Kensi is over it. Loved Roberta's line about how her kid is worse.

Edited by anna0852
  • Love 1

I've thought Nate is the mole for awhile. I figure it has to be someone we know, because otherwise why would we give a crap? Like when they caught Carl. So I figure it has to be someone they actually know, who knows info about the team, and Nate makes the most sense.

What I had trouble with was why Nate would make a heel turn, so my only idea is that it was inadvertent, and he got involved with a woman and leaked info accidentally (ie talking about his friends/work etc), or the bad guys are threatening him with something so he'll do it. Because I can't really think of any reason why he'd do it on his own.

As for who the bad guys are that are above him ... I would like it to be Anna. No reason. Just don't like her lol.

If they wanted to go with Nate as the mole, they had that opportunity in Head of the Snake.  I thought for a while that it would be Nell, but I think now they want to keep her around in case they need to break out another round of SuperNell if DR has another baby.

I don't know who the mole is, and I think the showrunners may have changed their minds on that a few times as well.

On 11/27/2016 at 10:16 PM, anna0852 said:

I think Nate is the mole. That line,  "head of the snake", was the title for that episode he was in last season.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. You guys all are on top of this! I never even considered this and now i NEED IT TO HAPPEN.

I watch a LOT of bad tv/cop dramas/over-the-top ridiculoo things. So I had a panic attack when Deeks got home and Kensi wasn't there but there were empty beer bottles...and the last time we saw her she was getting in the hospital buddy's TRUCK!! In the 0.4 seconds it took to resolve this and find Kensi at the gun range, Suspicious Sally here had the one-legged friend all figured out as a long con and backup to Carl and Natalie. Oy with the poodles already.

I laughed right out loud at Deeks and Hetty coming to a stop: "FRAGGLE ROCKKKKK..."

As a Broadway nerd, I thoroughly enjoyed Barret's brief foray into Penzance. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Jaybird said:

If they wanted to go with Nate as the mole, they had that opportunity in Head of the Snake.  I thought for a while that it would be Nell, but I think now they want to keep her around in case they need to break out another round of SuperNell if DR has another baby.

I don't think there was ever a possibility of it being Nell. For whatever reason, the showrunners and writers seem to love her and see her as Hetty-in-training. Other than Nate, I'm not really sure who it could be. I can't think of any other significant team members who are still alive whom the audience has met in any meaningful way. But I also think it would be a bit sad for it to be Nate, as he IS the only surviving recurring member of the team. 

I love Miguel Ferrer. Love. But the slurring is so noticeable at this point that it seems unrealistic that no one in-show has brought it up. He's actually pretty difficult to understand right now. 

I watch a LOT of bad tv/cop dramas/over-the-top ridiculoo things. So I had a panic attack when Deeks got home and Kensi wasn't there but there were empty beer bottles...and the last time we saw her she was getting in the hospital buddy's TRUCK!! In the 0.4 seconds it took to resolve this and find Kensi at the gun range, Suspicious Sally here had the one-legged friend all figured out as a long con and backup to Carl and Natalie. Oy with the poodles already

I thought the exact same thing. And to be honest, since that wasn't the case, I'm not sure what the point was of leaving the previous scene with the friend offering Kensi a ride in his truck. 

• Love 1
On 2016-11-29 at 5:12 AM, Jillibean said:

I love Miguel Ferrer. Love. But the slurring is so noticeable at this point that it seems unrealistic that no one in-show has brought it up. He's actually pretty difficult to understand right now. 

That's what I keep wondering. Wouldn't the characters be all "Granger, you okay?" or asking Hetty if he's alright? Why has NO ONE said anything?!

Even if it was a real life issue they're using in the show, one of the characters would have noticed, said something, talked amongst themselves! It's driving me nuts that no one has commented on it.

Well, it is something they're (sort of) using in the show, and I'm inclined to believe it's also a real life issue. Remember the scene with Granger and Hetty discussing his vague unnamed medical problems and how he has been passing his voice off as a cold?

• Love 1

So, i'm watching the Sky 1 airings of Season 8 in the UK (even though I've already seem the eps on my Amazon US subscription), which is a long way of saying I just watched this ep again.  There is a lot of really great foreshadowing of how the mole story ends.  In particular, I liked that when Hetty says to Eric "the wolves are coming for all of us, I don't know who to trust anymore," there is an immediate cut to Kensi taking a walk with her supposed rehab buddy Sullivan.  There are other moments and lines that are laden with meaning, knowing what we know now.  I think that, even though this arc was way too long and inconsistent, they wrapped it up pretty neatly.

• Love 1