Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Doc Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

(edited)

That was fun Doc-centric episode.  And 10K is alive though suffering from Murphy withdrawal.  10K was funny all hopped up on Doc's hangover shot.

Doc must be close to Spokane if both he and 10K wandered near to this asylum.  

So many references/mashups to other movies related to psychiatric institutions -- Nurse Rachet, Liddy, Winona, guy who thinks he's Elvis, Bob
You knew something off was with this place when Nurse Ratchet talked about how this was a inmate-run facility.
Loved Elvis when he went with Doc to the pharmacy in the Z ward.

The better question -- what were they doing for food for all these years since the beginning of the Zombie Apocalypse ?  Or sanitation ?  Because the place looked pretty clean.   Sure they seemed to have an abundant supply of trail mix though. And why were they out wandering in the woods when they found both Doc and 10K ?

Still no follow-up on Citizen Z and Kaya, or 'The Man' or Zona (though we did get a Zona reference).  No Roberta, Hector or Addison for 2 straight episodes -- why did they abandon Doc ?  But it also means they can't be too far away, so I bet they will meet up with Doc and 10K next episode.

The flaming zombie wheelchair was pretty good.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

This was wild and crazy good.  That must have been a loooong bathroom break in the woods for doc to lose Roberta and the gang.  Did they just  leave him, thinking he was gone; otherwise, why didn't they go looking for him?

I loved all the inmates, especially Elvis and Winona.   Oh, and Bob.

I think I saw "The Man" in the previews for the next episode.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Ohwell said:

This was wild and crazy good.  That must have been a loooong bathroom break in the woods for doc to lose Roberta and the gang.  Did they just  leave him, thinking he was gone; otherwise, why didn't they go looking for him?

I'm assuming they are looking for him but they might have been distracted by a zombie attack or something while he was going potty in the woods. They'll probably show up next episode either in an episode of their detailing their misadventure or they'll show up to rescue the guys from the zombie swarms.

I'm so glad 10 K didn't end up lobotomized, they do seem to be taunting us with 10k's survival a lot recently. 

• Love 2
On 10/24/2016 at 2:10 PM, sisterspoon said:

Yeah, I hope 10K is not the next Glenn...

And hat's off to Brandon Marino, who gave us a wonderfully bad but heartfelt interpretation of Elvis!

Who is Glenn ?

2 hours ago, sisterspoon said:

Sorry, it's Glenn from The Walking Dead.  Last season, they cheaply teased us re: Glenn's survival

Okay... I stopped watching that show after season 1. I can't remember anyone on that show. 

Back on topic. I have no idea where the show is going any more. 

I finally got to watch this episode and I really liked it.  It was silly and stupid, but it was true to the show.  Plus, 10K!  

I do wonder if the nurse was really a nurse, though, and not just another patient playing at being a nurse.  And I hope we see the bus again.  Maybe with the zombie cheese wheel. 

• Love 1

hmm the cheese wheel. I thought we saw it again, in the movie premiere, but it turned out to be a zombie ball as they ate each other. If zombies are eating each others, shouldn't we see fewer and fewer zombies? 

• Love 1
(edited)

I loved this episode. Honestly, I've loved this whole season, except maybe half of the ep before this one. In which, for the third damned time, we were expected to wallow in a long stupid dream sequence. Still liked the other half a lot, but... lighten up on the dreamola. That's all I'm saying. But this one? Not only up to par, but exceeding expectations delightfully.  My only complaint is the ending. Oh, it made perfect sense for the loonies to almost-but-not-quite succeed in pulling off Dr. Hippy's escape plan. But I personally still wish they'd teamed up for a while. We could have Team Roberta, Team Doc, Team Murphy, and Team Z all having their occasionally overlapping adventures. Is splitting the show four ways instead of three actually a good idea? Normally, perhaps not. But if it's a bus containing Doc, Edward Zombiebrains, Time Warp Wynona, Black Elvis, Paranoid Guy Who I Assume is Named After Gordon Liddy, "Chief" 3.0, OCD Guy Who Would Actually Blend Right In With The Most Exasperating Ten Percent Of My Co-Workers, And Whatever Is Going On With The Rest Of Them  .. then fuck yeah!

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 2