Type keyword(s) to search

Sister Winifred: She Has A Secret

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I don't recall her secret.  Was it that she was not comfortable delivering babies?

She didn't feel like she was connecting as well as the other midwives, she didn't have a similar joy?  Something like that.  But she got the connection when she delivered the Jewish woman's baby (and helped her mom who had a condition related to vertigo).   This is the same episode where Alex has his fall.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, OnceSane said:

She didn't feel like she was connecting as well as the other midwives, she didn't have a similar joy?  Something like that.  But she got the connection when she delivered the Jewish woman's baby (and helped her mom who had a condition related to vertigo).   This is the same episode where Alex has his fall.

Thank you!  I marathoned from the beginning over a couple of weeks and a lot of it blurs together.

• Love 2

I finally got around to watching "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald". Near the beginning there's a character named Bunty, she's in the movie for about 10 minutes & she looked really familiar to me. I wondered who she was so I googled her & it turns out it's Victoria Yeates, AKA Sister Winifred. I don't understand why she left the show for such a tiny part, was it her choice, or wouldn't they give her the time off to film the movie? It doesn't seem like a smart career move to me.

• Love 1

To be honest Sister Winifred was never given much to work with - I always waited for a major story line for her since she often expressed more conservative views than the other nuns. There was the plot with the pregnant not married teacher but other than that she was mostly relegated to comic relief. It was a steady job but not a very challenging one.

• Love 8