Type keyword(s) to search

Draft Day (2014)

Rick Kitchen
  • Start Topic

I enjoyed this movie, it was actually better than I was expecting, the funny bits with the intern, although they underused Ellen Burstyn.

I read that the Jets refused to participate for some reason, I guess they didn't want to come across as being used by that smart guy in Cleveland.

• Love 1

The first time I saw the commercial for this movie, I honestly thought it was a spoof. While I'm fascinated at what really happens a team's war room during the draft, I figured that since the NFL was so heavily involved, that it would be fairly watered down. I also laugh at the idea that the Browns are going to turn it all around just via one draft.

I love football (although the NFL increasingly makes it difficult), but I can't stand Kevin Costner.  So this is one I'll wait to catch on TV, but I'll definitely watch it when it does make its television debut ... I cannot resist a football film.  (I have the Blu-Ray of Remember the Titans, yet will still watch it every one of the numerous times it airs on television just because.)

• Love 1

Well as a die-hard Cleveland fan, who no longer lives in OH, I HAVE to see it. It's obligatory. This weekend we're going.

What sports HASN'T Kevin Costner done a movie on? Other than hockey & racing.

I really enjoyed this movie, but I saw it opening night in a theater filled with Cleveland Browns fans.  That is the only way to see it! When one of the characters asked which team would be desperate enough to consider a trade and they immediately showed the Browns stadium, we all roared and started clapping.  Half the experience for me was the audience reactions.

• Love 1

We watched Draft Day last night.  I love this movie.  I still shake my head and wonder how Sonny finagled the trades.  Love the intern.  And the ridiculous mom, marching out onto the practice field to spread ashes - on draft day of all days!  She couldn't wait another day?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, roughing it said:

We watched Draft Day last night.  I love this movie.  I still shake my head and wonder how Sonny finagled the trades.  Love the intern.  And the ridiculous mom, marching out onto the practice field to spread ashes - on draft day of all days!  She couldn't wait another day?

I know right? It's a busy, chaotic day, woman! 

Hopefully tonight Vontae Mack goes at number one.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1