Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: GoodHangups, The Lapel Project, Ice Age Meals, TactiBite

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, Jamoche said:

They've dropped the "must get the amount they ask for", even in the reruns. Since that was never true, I'm guessing it was done by the same sort of person who writes the back-cover summary of books, which never match the contents there either.

There was an episode last season where someone tried to lower how much they were asking for to get a deal, and the Sharks told them they couldn't do that it was a rule that they get the amount the asked for (and that the person should have known that rule).

I don't know if that is really true or not, but it's what they said. The entrepreneur usually doesn't get the evaluation they ask for, but I don't remember them ever getting less money then they ask for.

Yeah, I was under the impression they took that snippet of audio out of the intro, just so they could spend time in the intro on other stuff, not because there wasn't actually some sort of rule related to it anymore.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

There was an episode last season where someone tried to lower how much they were asking for to get a deal, and the Sharks told them they couldn't do that it was a rule that they get the amount the asked for (and that the person should have known that rule).

Although really with the sharks being able to offer the money as a loan, the whole strategy of picking the right valuation so you get all the money you asked for kind of doesn't really matter anymore.

Checked out the ice age meal site and they're currently back ordered 15 days due to Shark Tank. If he was looking for a sales bump, he definitely got it. I might try a package when things calm down, they'll ship for free if 14 or more meals are purchased. 

I can see using the magnets to put up certain important papers and documents at work, not to mention decorative items. Plus, I appreciate how the magnet lady didn't go the "I'm a mom; I an expert at everything" route. Plus, she kind of looks like one of my friends from church.

The lapels were tacky and stupid. 

I can see incorporating some paleo-concepts into my diet but enough to buy what these guys were selling.