Type keyword(s) to search

Same Characters, Different Show

• Start Topic

Simple game. Just pick another show and try to line up Game of Thrones characters with it. Obviously if you try to line up all the GoT characters you're going to go insane very quickly, but if you want to try, more power to ya. Me, I'm starting out small with these examples, because other attempts were, indeed, making me go insane very quickly...

Seinfeld:

Jaime Lannister as Jerry, the popular guy.

Queen Cersei as Elaine, the girl who would be more popular if she didn't have so many issues.

Tyrion Lannister as George, the one who gets no respect.

King Joffrey as Newman, the one who is pure evil.

And, of course, Robert Baratheon as Kramer, the blundering oaf who doesn't seem to be on the same show as the others.

or... Scrubs:

Tyrion as J.D.- He's a dreamer, and bullies tend to zoom in on him, but he's actually very competent at what he does.

Turk as Bron- The other half of a perfect comedy duo.

Sansa as Elliot- Straight-laced, highly stressed, and paired up by everyone with Tyrion whether she wants to be or not.

Margery (sp?) as Carla: The wiser, worldlier friend of Sansa.

Tywin as Dr. Cox: He actually does have higher goals behind his abuse, but it doesn't change the fact that he is abusive, especially to Tyrion.

Joffrey as Dr. Kelso: back in the wonderful pre-character-development days when Kelso was gleefully batshit insane evil.

Which leaves Cersei as The Janitor: not nearly as powerful as Tywin or Joffrey, but still very mean, especially to Tyrion.

I suppose maybe I could stick Varys in there as Ted, but at that point I start going crazy trying to figure out who Littlefinger would be, so I'm just gonna quit while i'm ahead. 

You get the gist by now. Do another show, add to/change/improve on shows that are already listed... hell, do a movie or well-known book or music group or whatever if you want to. Have fun.

ETA: I think that, at least back before he attacked Winterfell, Theon Greyjoy was The Todd. And Pycelle is Dr. Beardface.

Edited by CletusMusashi

I, Claudius

Joffrey as Caligula, the crazy young ruler

Tyrion as Claudius, his despised uncle (I hope that doesn't mean Sansa is Messalina)

Jaime as Germanicus, the golden haired wonder child of the family and father of Caligula

Tywin as Tiberius, the bitter old man in the family who likes to fuck people over

Cersei as Livia (Cersei wishes - Livia would eat Cersei for breakfast).  Either that or Cersei as Livilla, Claudius's bitchy sister who isn't nearly as politically astute as she thinks she is.

Robert Baratheon as Augustus, Livia's husband (Augustus was kind of a doofus in I, Claudius, though not a whoremongering drunk)

Ned Stark as Marcus Agrippa, Augustus best friend.

Robb Stark as Agrippa Postumus, or any of Agrippa's sons.

Littlefinger as Sejanus.

Bolton or Frey as Piso.

• Love 2

This isn't really in the spirit of the game, but the Davos/Stannis relationship is almost perfectly captured by Ken & Harry from In Bruges. I like to pretend that their conversation after Gendry's release actually went like this:

STANNIS: Davos, stop messing about please. Pick up your sword. I know I'm going to beat you anyway, because you're a spas, but...

DAVOS: Stannis. I'm totally in your debt. The things that's gone on between us in the past, I love you unreservedly for all that. For your integrity, for your honor. I love you. (pause). The boy had to be let go. The boy had to be given a chance. And if to do that I had to say fuck what I owe you and fuck everything that's gone on between us then that's what I had to do. But I'm not fighting you. And I accept totally everything you've got to do. I accept it totally.

STANNIS: Oh yeah?

DAVOS: Yeah.

STANNIS: Well you say all that fucking stuff, I can't fucking stab you now, can I?

DAVOS: It's entirely up to you, Stannis. It's entirely your call. All I'm saying is, I ain't fighting.

(Pause. Stannis raises his sword and stabs Davos in the leg. Davos rolls around in pain.)

DAVOS: You fucking c***!

STANNIS: Like I'm not gonna do nothing to you just cos you're standing about like fucking Baelor.

DAVOS: Like who?

STANNIS: Like fucking Baelor the fucking Blessed.

DAVOS: My fucking leg!

STANNIS: Oh shut your whinging, pick up your sword and let's get out of this fucking place, it's freezing, and don't think I haven't clocked you calling me a c*** again, ya c***.

Edited by Independent George
  • Love 3

Downton Abbey:

Ned Stark as Lord Grantham, the dim Northern Lord

Catelyn Stark as Lady Cora, his wife from another kindom

Edmure Tully as Harold Levinson, Catelyn/Cora's n'er do well brother with an eye for the pretty young things.

Robb Stark as Mathew Crawley, the heir who died tragically young

Sansa as Lady Mary, the spoiled eldest daughter

Arya as Lady Sybil, the unconventional daughter

Lysa Arryn as Lady Rosamund Painswick: the buttinsky aunt

Maester Luwin as Carson, who disapproves of the younger generation's interest in things such as magic, giants, etc

Osha as Mrs Hughes, she's from even further North than the Stark/Granthams

Hodor as william Mason / Alfred Nugent: The tall, dim family servant

Isis & Pharaoh as Lady, Nymeria, Summer, Shaggy Dog & Ghost (and whatever Robb's dierwolf's name was), the family canines.

• Love 1

"Blazing Saddles"

Tyrion Lannister as Bart. Nobody wants him there, but he saved King's landing anyway.

Bronn as the Waco Kid. Great fighter, best friend of the protagonist.

Shagga, son of Dolf, as Mongo. Big dumb tough guy whose respect is earned by the hero.

Shae as Lily von Schtupp. Both have German accents, work in the entertainment industry, and are all over the protagonist's body.

Joffrey "Baratheon" as Taggart. I know, Taggart's a second banana and Joffrey was a king,  but Joffrey, at heart, was still just a small-time bully with little to no interest in real planning.

Littlefinger, of course, as Hedly Lamarr. The slimy manipulative liar working behind as much corruption as possible.

And Robert Baratheon as Governor William J. Lepetomane, the drunken fool whose underlings get away with murder.

• Love 1

"The Brady Bunch"

Catelyn and Ned Stark as Carol and Mike Brady, because they just are 

Cersei and Jamie as Marcia and Greg Brady bringing that inappropriate sibling chemistry with an extra dose of squick because of being actually biologically related

King Joffrey lashing out at you as Jan Brady whenever he feels ignored.  And always with the "Tyrion, Tyrion, Tyrion"

Theon Greyjoy as Peter Brady because he kind of sounded like Peter going through puberty when he lost several body parts

Tywin Lannister as Bobby Brady because you just know he would be a hall monitor who cut off people's head for going to the bathroom without a pass

Sansa as Cindy Brady, again because she just is

Jon Snow as Cousin Oliver never really a Stark and now never really a Brady

The Hound as Alice because for a hardened, ruthless warrior he seems to spend a lot time taking care of preteen Stark daughters

Any of the direwolves as Tiger the family dog

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1

Either that or Osha could be Alice and The Hound could be Sam the butcher. Just don't try to get any chickens from him.

Or, skipping Sam entirely, Hodor could be Alice and The Hound could be Tiger.

Casting the Joffster as Jan Brady was great! Will somebody please give me a football to throw?

• Love 1

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Daenerys as Courtney, the platinum blond leader of the Dragons

Daario Naharis as Coach, the self-appointed cool dude who's a little too full of himself

Ser Barristan Selmy as JT, who's won more individual challenges than any many alive (not exactly, but it was either that or Jorah or Grey Worm)

Dragons Music Video

They look for trouble, and they find it.

• Love 1
(edited)

Which I suppose makes Rupert Boneham sort of a strange blend of Ned Stark and his usual Robert Baratheon persona.

OK, here's two more that had to be done eventually, and one more just for shits and giggles. 

Spoiler tags are used to condense things, but there are no actual spoilers.

"Gilligan's Island"

Ned Stark as Gilligan. The protagonist who screws everything up.

Robert Baratheon as The Skipper. Because he is.

Tywin Lannister and Olenna Tyrell as the Howells.. you know, except awesome.

Margery Tyrell as Ginger.

Tyrion Lannister as The Professor.... except awesome.

Sansa as Maryann.

"The Wizard of Oz"

Sansa as Dorothy. All she wants is to go home, preferably with a lot of help from everybody else.

The Hound as The Tin Man. He's covered in metal, has more heart than he realizes, and is good at chopping things up. Only difference is that the last thing The Hound wants is more heart.

Unless maybe it's chicken hearts.

Ser Davos as The Scarecrow. He's a quick learner and a good thinker, yet he's too hung up on how little he came from to realize what he's built himself into.

Varys as The Cowardly Lion. He runs with some heavy rollers and doesn't die, because he actually does know how to neutralize enemies. Yet he would never consider himself brave, and what's he most famous for?

Having no balls.

Lady would be Toto.

Which means we all know who the Wicked Witch of the West is.

Hint: her favorite flying monkey is named Joffrey.

And George R. R. Martin is the Wizard. 

"King of the Hill"

Ned Stark is Hank. He's a good man, a bit of a fuddy-duddy about some things, but mostly he just wishes everyone would stop acting like jackasses. And maybe stock up on some propane and propane accessories, dang it, because winter is coming.

Bobby is debatable. Jon Snow? Because he's not technically the ideal son, but there's a strong, positive father-son relationship there anyway? Maybe. But there's more to Bobby than that.

Hot Pie? Because he's a fat little kid who sucks at all that action hero stuff? Again, maybe, but I think we can do better.

To me, the biggest thing about Bobby Hill is his ability to get totally into zany new interests that make his parents uncomfortable. Sometimes for silliness reasons, sometimes for gender role reasons. "This week, Bobby shows an interest in sword fighting, but Hank thinks that the instructor is a flamboyant jackass." Arya, at least in the early seasons, was Bobby Hill.

I guess that means Ladybird is The Hound.

Catelyn is Peggy, simple enough. She loves her family, often scrappily going well beyond her normal comfort zone, and is often willing to try something a bit zany, like deciding to send Jaime Lannister back to King's Landing. Unfortunately, as Tywin might say, Peggy is not quite as smart as she thinks she is.

Bill is a career military man, which would earn him a bit more respect among the other characters if his job and rank weren't so minor. Almost as if he were a lord of some very minor place. Also, he is creepily obsessed with Peggy. Bill is Littlefinger.

Luann is pretty but naive,and that combination tends to have a big effect on her plotlines. Obviously, Sansa.

Dale is Hank's crazy beer-loving friend whose only real job skill is killing things. Robert Baratheon.

Which means Nancy is Cersei, John Redcorn is Jaime, and Tommen is Joseph. Complete with Joseph's enormous between-season growth spurt.

Cotton is a mean, angry, horny, and misogynistic old turd who constantly gets away away with behavior that no one else would even attempt. Cotton is Walder Frey.

And, of course, Boomhauer is competant, charismatic, more trusted by Hank than Bill or Dale are, and was an instant fan favorite despite no one being able to understand a word he said.

In other words: Hodor.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 1
(edited)

I suppose The Godfather was inevitable

Tywin as Don Corleone, the Godfather

Tyrion as Tom Hagen, the consigliere

Cersei as Fredo, the troublemaking moron who thinks she's smart and resents being passed over

Joffrey as Sonny, the hot head

The Mountain as Luca Brasi - By the Seven I hope he sleeps with the fishes (in the Sicilian way, not the rape Tully women way)

I guess this means Tommen is Michael and Margaery is Kay (in 10 years, the Lannister family will be completely legitimate)

Littlefinger as Tessio

Pycelle as Clemenza

Edited by Constantinople
  • Love 1

Jaime seems more Sonny than Joffrey.  Jaime is the hothead, attacking Ned Stark.

Joffrey is more the unnamed Thug who cut off the the horse's head. 

Tommen is no Michael Corleone.  Unfortunately, the Lannisters don't have a Michael.  Margery likes the game too much to be Kay.

--

Dune

Ned Stark is Duke Leto

Catelyn is Jessica

Jon Snow is Paul

Arya is Alia

Brienne as Shadout Mapes

Robb Stark as Duncan Idaho

Maester Luwin as Thufir

Theon Greyjoy as Gurney

Tywin as the Padishah Emperor

Cersei as Irulan

Olenna Tyrell as Reverend Mother Gauis

Roose Bolton as the Baron Harkonnen

Walder Frey as Rabban

Ramsey Bolton as Piter

Locke as Feyd Rautha

Daenyres as Chani

Jorah Mormont as Stilgar

Daario as Jamis

Barriston Selmy as Kynes

• Love 1

Jaime seems more Sonny than Joffrey.  Jaime is the hothead, attacking Ned Stark.

Joffrey is more the unnamed Thug who cut off the the horse's head.

Jaime as Sonny works for me. I guess I was thinking more about Sonny dying on the causeway and how one of his in-laws was partly responsible. Plus, Sonny got pissed at Tom when the Godfather was away.

Tommen is no Michael Corleone.  Unfortunately, the Lannisters don't have a Michael.

Tommen is far worse. He's the Anti-7

Margery likes the game too much to be Kay.

True, but I really wanted to say "In 10 years, the Lannister family will be completely legitimate."

Jaime seems more Sonny than Joffrey.

I thought you were taking about General Hospital and wanted to admonish you for insulting Jaime that way. That they both had sex on a crypt two days apart is no reason to insult Jaime that way. But no, the Godfather.

I thought you were taking about General Hospital and wanted to admonish you for insulting Jaime that way. That they both had sex on a crypt two days apart is no reason to insult Jaime that way. But no, the Godfather.

I had to do a spittake there.  I haven't watched GH in years because of the mini-moobster.

I would do Game of Thrones characters on GH, but every single GoT character, even Ser Pounce, is smarter than anyone on GH.  I would be besties with Cersei before asking Carly WhatevertheFuckHerLastNameIsNow to spare a square in the ladies room.  It would be an insult to every character everywhere to stick them on GH.

Machiavelli leads me to The Borgias, I would give good money to have Sean Harris in full Micheletto lurking in the background of Game of Thrones scenes.  Someone needs a pet assassin. Please.

I would do Game of Thrones characters on GH, but every single GoT character, even Ser Pounce, is smarter than anyone on GH.

Concur. But I do have to add that AJ Quartermaine is Joffrey because it was his crypt after all.

(edited)

Mad Men

Tyrion as Don Draper: The alcoholic sex addict with family issues who's on trial, but who is actually good at his job when he puts his mind to it, or when other people don't interfere with him.

Sansa as Megan: Don's much younger second wife who's living apart from him.

Bronn as Roger: Don's wise cracking sidekick who's good with a blade in more ways than one.

Tywin / Grand Maester Pycelle as Bert Cooper:  Sometimes he's the elderly all powerful voice of authority who doesn't take shit from anyone; the other times he's a dim, befuddled old man.

Margaery as Joan: a woman who knows how to use her brains and her beauty to get ahead, or
Melisandre as Joan: a bewitching red head

Arya as Peggy: A young woman in a man's world trying to learn the fine art of (office) combat.  Still working on developing her skills.  Needs to chill out a little.

Littlefinger as Jim Cutler: He doesn't trust drunken fools.  What does he want?  Everything

Mace Tyrell as Harry Crane: Only recently made partner / member of the Small Council.  The Peter Principle personified

Edited by Constantinople
  • Love 2
(edited)

Great idea!

Parks & Recreation

Danaerys as Leslie Knope: The idealistic leader who should listen to other people more, but ultimately will succeed anyway. 

Robert Baratheon as Ron Swanson: A man's man who enjoys hunting and eating all the eggs and bacon. As long as he doesn't have to do any actual ruling, he's fine.

Misandei as Ann Perkins: Leslie loves her and can’t stop saying how beautiful she is. Also doesn’t do much but standing around.

Grey Worm as Chris Traeger: The health nut is in great physical shape. Occasionally thinks about artificial insemination, though.

Eddard “Ned” Stark as Mark Brandanawicz: The straight man who has to leave the show early to make room for more interesting plot lines.

Arya Stark as April Ludgate: The young intern with the snarky attitude. Has some weird friends and doesn’t get along with everybody, but is fiercely loyal to those important to her. Just don’t mess around with dogs in her presence.

Robb Stark as Ben Wyatt: Very good at conquering the office and became a ruler at a very young age. Did make some catastrophic decisions though, which ended his term prematurely.

Daario Nahaeris as Tom Haverford: He’s got swagger, you know! Doesn’t have a good track record at keeping up relationships, however.

Hot Pie as Andy Dwyer: Our cuddly manchild. Has more talent than he knows. Maybe not the brightest bulb, but his cheerful personality brings out the nice side in April.

Hodor as Garry/Larry/Jerry Gergich: Originally casted as Andy Dwyer, but had a bit of trouble with the extended dialogue... His physical style of comedy fits much better as Garry/Larry/Jerry.

Osha as Donna Meagle: The wisecracking badass. Can be a bit of a diva at times, but she’ll cover your ass if need be.

Joffrey “Baratheon” as Jeremy Jamm: Incompetent, obnoxious jerk and everyone hates his guts. Obviously the ideal candidate for the role.

Khal Drogo as Dave Sanderson: Rough on the outside, but has a softer core than you would think. Had a brief relationship with Leslie earlier.

Edited by Conan Troutman
  • Love 2
(edited)

Futurama!

Phillip J. Fry is Tyrion Lannister.

Hardly a traditional hero, but tends to get pitted against very bad people and come out ahead, at least with the help of a few friends.

He loves to drink, rarely fits in with those around him, tends to be despised by authority types, and has a criminal as a best friend. 

This means that Bender could be Bron. Although The Hound is actually an even better fit.

Which one would you expect to hear saying "Bite my shiny metal ass, meatbag?"

Leela is Brienne of Tarth. She's a tough, capable woman who's a bit insecure about not being a size zero.

Which of course means that Jaime Lannister is Zap Brannigan.

And, yes, that does mean you could substitute Podrick as Fry if you are so inclined.

Amy is rich, pretty, popular, and very much aware of it. Yet she's never actually let it turn her into a bad person.

Amy is Margaery (insert last name of current husband here. Are they still even trying Baratheon?)

Hermes is ridiculously anal retentive, but more physically capable than one would expect.

Could he be anyone other than Stannis?

Professor Farnsworth is an old, petty, easily distracted bumbling fool, but he is also an absolute genius, with a lifetime of experience at what he does, who can crush you if sufficiently motivated. He has elements of Pycelle, Aemon, and Walder Frey, but ultimately he is Fry's elderly relative slash abusive boss. The Professor is Tywin.

Which means that Mom, the sweet old lady who the public never suspects is so brilliantly plotting so many things, is Olenna Tyrell.

Yes, I do kind of ship her and Tywin. 

And so I guess professor Wernstrom is Roose Bolton.

Lrrr, Ruler of Omicron Persei 8, is Shagga. The part about him trying to get vengeance on King's landing for eating baby Hill People did not actually make it into the TV series, but I'm sure it's in the books somewhere.

The Robot Devil is Littlefinger. 

"Ah, my ridiculously circuitous plan is one quarter complete!"

Depending on who you chose as Bender, Nibbler is either Ser Pounce or The Hound.

Ser Pounce is littler and cuter, but The Hound eats more chickens. Probably.

Scruffy is a janitor, whose dialogue consists mostly of such information as "I'm Scruffy. A janitor."

He seems to get all his work done, but he does like to sit down and take porn breaks when he can.

Scruffy is Hodor.

Earth President Richard M. Nixon is a card-carrying supervillain who makes absolutely no secret of being a horrible dick who despises everybody. Yet he continues to remain in power. 

Nixon is Balon Greyjoy.

Kif is Varys. Both are bald, squishy, highly intelligent, constantly derided by others, and, instead of bones, are supported by a system of fluid-filled bladders. I'm sure that last part about Varys is in the books somewhere.

And, no, I have not forgotten about Zoidberg.

Dr. Zoidberg is obviously Mace Tyrell.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 2

The Love Boat

Tywin Lannister as Captian Merrill Stubing, your Captain

Grand Maester Pycelle as Doc, your horny medical officer

Mace Tyrell as Gopher, your purser and resident doofus

Pod as Isaac, your bartender (anyone who poured drinks for Tyion for two-and-half seasons has the makings of a great bartender)

Margaery Tyrell as Julie, your cruise director, keep things organized and people happy, even when ship of state hits a reef

Cersei Lannister as Vicki, the captain's daughter that you want to throw overboard

Or perhaps

Stannis as Captain Merill Stubing, the cold, reserved captain who has occassional moments of humanity and

Shireen as Vicki, the captain's cute as a button daughter.

• Love 2
(edited)

I've got Muppets on my mind, and my Mind on the Muppets.

Ned: Kermit, obviously. He's so earnest and lovable, but completely outmatched.

Cersei: Miss Piggy, the diva of divas.

Joffrey: Swedish Chef. Incompetent, yet violent.

Sam: Fozzy - He's terrible at his job, but he tries so hard you've got to love him.

Littlefinger & Varys: Waldorf & Stadler - their commentary, as always, is dead on.

Stannis & Davos: Bunsen & Beaker. Stannis gives the orders, and Davos gets blowed up. 

Tyrion: Gonzo - the Wild Card.

The Hound: Animal. Absolutely kickass, with an appetite to match. I can totally see him eating all the fucking chickens.

The Dragons: Electric Mayhem. Always in the background, but you know they're going to kick some ass sooner or later.

Maester Aemon: Rolf, wisest of muppets. 

Edited by Independent George
  • Love 1

Futurama!

Although I know I'm going to set off crying jags in every Futurama fan just by reminding them the episode exists (dammit, I'm barely not doing so myself):

Seymour the dog as the dire wolves.

• Love 2

I, Claudius

Joffrey as Caligula, the crazy young ruler

Tyrion as Claudius, his despised uncle (I hope that doesn't mean Sansa is Messalina)

Jaime as Germanicus, the golden haired wonder child of the family and father of Caligula

Tywin as Tiberius, the bitter old man in the family who likes to fuck people over

Cersei as Livia (Cersei wishes - Livia would eat Cersei for breakfast).  Either that or Cersei as Livilla, Claudius's bitchy sister who isn't nearly as politically astute as she thinks she is.

Robert Baratheon as Augustus, Livia's husband (Augustus was kind of a doofus in I, Claudius, though not a whoremongering drunk)

Ned Stark as Marcus Agrippa, Augustus best friend.

Robb Stark as Agrippa Postumus, or any of Agrippa's sons.

Littlefinger as Sejanus.

Bolton or Frey as Piso.

Shae is Messalina. Sansa is Agripinilla. She will have very little heart when this is all over, and will probably kill Tyrion to make room for the psycho son she'll bear by Littlefinger, who will be worse than Joffrey ever dreamed of being.

• Love 1

Although I know I'm going to set off crying jags in every Futurama fan just by reminding them the episode exists (dammit, I'm barely not doing so myself):

Seymour the dog as the dire wolves.

Seymour!!!

Dammit, why is my screen so blurry all of a sudden.