Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Million Bucks In A Bag

paigow

We only have one episode left of the season, and they're starting a whole thing about Charlie and Julie having issues?  There really hasn't been any build-up to any of this, so I'm not sure why they waited so long.

I'm going to guess Ricky's decision will end up being whichever quarterback the show ends up managing to convince to do a cameo.  With that in mind, I'm guessing the best shot would be Aaron "Discount Double-check" Rodgers, unless Cam Newton or Tom Brady are fans of the show.  Speaking of Ricky, all that nice stuff with Dennis means something really bad is going to happen, right?

Oh, boy.  So, Spencer's plan was to use Ricky's million to make a "down payment" to Anderson, and now he's going to get the rest by taking it from Vernon.  This is going to end badly, right?  And now Andre is trying to convince Spencer to work for him instead.  I don't know what the hell is going on.

• Love 2

I hate when people make dumb choices because plot. I understand that if Spencer took Andre's deal he'd have to swallow pride and forego revenge and yadda yadda -- but in real life, he'd be getting everything he wants... and really, if he wanted revenge that badly, he could take the offer, build the company back up, build up his client-list, save his money and THEN take the fuck off, taking all your clients with you. I just can't see someone in Spencer's situation being this willfully stupid.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Okay, what happened to this season? The writing and plot seemed to take a backseat to "We've got Any Garcia! Let's use him!"

I'll admit that Andy has done very well with what he's been given, but it's sacrificed an interesting build to the story.

It almost feels like the flip side of the coin to the issue that a lot of people have with Silicon Valley, where the build of the business goes to slow. We finish of Season 1 with the creation of ASM, headed by Spencer and Joe. They open up the season helping their only new client (apparently) open a restaurant. And now there's a power war with Spencer's old adviser, which leads to Anderson to sell the business.

Where's the indication that ASM is even a viable product, what about a season of building the business and acknowledging that ASM may be a potential thorne to Miami Wealth, while giving us some more of the other characters.

I would have loved to have seen how Vernon and Reggie matured and responded to their new relationship and Vernon's injury. A deeper dive into what is motivating Ricky at this point, and structure to follow them.

We only have one episode left of the season, and they're starting a whole thing about Charlie and Julie having issues? 

It makes me sad, because Charles' journey from retiring to playing again to retiring to working for the team to having to do difficult things to former teammates was actually getting interesting and showing growth in his character. To have his wife now get mad because he is out working too hard in his new career is hugely annoying and shallow. And to add the "manny" ... ugh. 

Where's the indication that ASM is even a viable product, 

EXACTLY. As far as we know, Joe and Spencer were still getting it off the ground. Why is ASM suddenly a hot commodity? What little progress J/S made is already being gutted by Andre. Spencer belongs in a #2 or #3 role, where he works one-on-one as a coach with prospects like he did Travis Mack, not as the #1 handling strategy and money. And deal with his injury already. Tired of the pill popping and doctor avoidance. be a man, Spencer. Think long-term.

• Love 1
On 9/19/2016 at 10:44 AM, marcee said:

I hate when people make dumb choices because plot. I understand that if Spencer took Andre's deal he'd have to swallow pride and forego revenge and yadda yadda -- but in real life, he'd be getting everything he wants... and really, if he wanted revenge that badly, he could take the offer, build the company back up, build up his client-list, save his money and THEN take the fuck off, taking all your clients with you. I just can't see someone in Spencer's situation being this willfully stupid.

Well, to be fair, we've never seen Spencer do anything at all that indicates he has any skills as a financial advisor, so this level of stupidity is inline with his character.

I'm not sure why they don't have him going down the agent route. He seems better at that than Jason, since he was the one who got that mooky kid (I forget his name already) ready for the draft. 

This whole season has been a disappointment.

• Love 2