Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Celebrity BOOOOT Camp!

Anne Burrell and Rachael Ray have scary things in store for a Halloween-themed boot camp. First, the celebrities must make unique monster Bloody Marys. Then, they tackle some frightening foods in their main dish challenge, and the two celebrities with the worst dishes battle it out in a "devilish" blind elimination challenge.

Rachel really seems to be crushing on John.  Loni pointing it out cracked me up. 

Nicole's spider weanies were cute.  Very Halloweeny. I would never eat them,  but I understood why Nicole thought it was a good idea. 

Food on a bloody Mary is completely silly to me. Why do I want food hanging off my drink. 

• Love 3

I always enjoyed Halloween when it was celebrated on October 31.  FN seems to think we want to see it all day every day for a solid month.

The Bloody Marys were ridiculous - and what was the point?  If they picked a best and/or worst, I missed it.  Otherwise it was just piling a bunch of food on a stick large enough to tip over their glass.

The dish Anne's team had to copy seemed a lot more complicated than Rachael's.  And were they really messing with John's stovetop when he couldn't get his pasta water boiling?

Ugh - this show.

• Love 2

Food skewers in the drink is the thing. I'm not saying it isn't stupid, but it's the thing.

Spoiler

bloody-mary-taco-nuther.jpg

I wasn't watching closely, but it looked like John had far more water than his pasta required. He could have poured out half and boiled without drama, IMHO.

So I think I liked this episode. The mistakes seemed real and not over-the-top. And they all seemed pleased with their recipes to the extent they might make it at home. Also none of these contestants really bother me. Matt Dallas and Mike Sorrentino don't add much, but they aren't annoying me either. And the rest seem to add a modicum of humor.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Amarsir said:

I wasn't watching closely, but it looked like John had far more water than his pasta required. He could have poured out half and boiled without dra

What puzzled me was Anne telling John to try another cooktop.  There's an ongoing conspiracy theory at the Hell's Kitchen form that their producers monkey with the oven settings.  Just curious! :)

• Love 1

I agree with the comments on the stack of food on the Bloody Mary. The only appropriate one was the skewered shrimp, which I have seen on that drink for many years because the shrimp and the cocktail are a match, similar to shrimp cocktail sauce. Hotdogs, eggs, and other weird choices have no relation to a Bloody Mary mix. 

Also, how did Steroid Sitch manage to spill both drinks, and there was no mention of it at all when he presented? Based on the camera shots, it looked like he spilled the entire liquid contents of both cups.

Something tells me Steroid Sitch is being groomed for another FN show, maybe he will be added to the Vinny and Ma show. 

• Love 3