Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour Restaurants

• Start Topic

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 0:04 PM, pbutler111 said:

I wondered about that! Usually he really likes to get his other businesses involved if he can.

They wanted old time/old school candy. 

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 0:03 PM, pbutler111 said:

I didn't quite understand the math that went on to justify the much higher cost of making the ice cream at the new place. If you find out that you've been shorting yourself by giving customers too much product for the buck because you've been serving it at the wrong temperature, then why wouldn't you just continue on with the cheaper ice cream maker and start serving it at the correct temperature, those saving for yourself approximately a shitload of money? Why would you instead go with someone who's charging you so much more, just because they gave you that helpful tip about temperature and volume, thus losing a lot of money you could have saved if using a cheaper manufacturer? I don't get that at all.

Because the ice cream they were selling was crap.  They were able to duplicate the old ice cream recipe and that's why people are willing to spend the extra money.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 10:15 PM, KHenry14 said:

In Sandy's defense, she's an HR person put into the Candy job, something clearly she wasn't suited to manage. 

Ummm, Sandy said the candy was her area of expertise.  How did she get stuck in HR?

On 2/24/2017 at 7:27 AM, Puddy said:

Ummm, Sandy said the candy was her area of expertise.  How did she get stuck in HR?

Been a while but I think she's an HR person who insisted on doing the candy despite not having any aptitude for it, but she was never quite clear on why she wanted to do it. She's hitting the stereotype of the person with a dull job thinking they could be awesome at a cooler one, but usually that cooler one is a bit more ambitious than candy-jar wrangler :)

• Love 2

Marcus indicated on Twitter that there will be a follow-up about Farrell's. He also said

Spoiler

things have not gone as well as had been hoped and he now has 100% ownership of the Buena Vista location.

• Love 2