Type keyword(s) to search

Sailing: Try Not to Capsize

Just watched the womens race called the Laser radial. Didn't understand any of it, but, boy was it fun! The gold medalist crossed the finish line 7th, from the Netherlands and didn't even realize she had won, the Irish silver medalist had to tell her. She was the cutest ever when she found out. My husbands family is Irish from about the beginning of time so I was stoked to see the Irish take a medal. I guess I will stick around for the mens version.

The silver and bronze medalists jumped in the water hand in hand at the end, capsizing their boats, and didn't seem to care at all. So much joy in this race, this is what I watch the Olympics for

Edited by Arynm
  • Love 2

Heh, there was a lot of number crunching going on in Ireland before the race! It's all to do with how well you did in the previous 10 races. Basically the winner had to finish less than 5 places behind Annalise Murphy and she finished 2 places behind her. (And no, I don't understand it either, I'm just happy she gets silver this time after coming 4th in London)

• Love 1

Yay! Australia wins a gold and silver in sailing! It's been a rough week for us, what with all these favoured teams crashing and burning - cycling, hockey, water polo and most notably women's basketball.

• Love 1