Type keyword(s) to search

Chief Boden: He's The Man!

• Start Topic

I didn't know until fairly recently that he is a British actor...what an incredibly talented American accent!

Isn't it? I've heard him speak in his British accent in interviews, and it's amazing how he can do such a great American accent. Eamonn has played Othello at the Globe in London. Bet that was awesome!

I've loved Eamonn Walker since "Oz." He is fantastic as Chief Boden -- tough when necessary, but fiercely protective of his house. Plus he has a great smile!

He reminds me of Captain Adam Fuller (Steven Williams) on 21 Jump Street.  Is anyone else that old?

I love the character, but I really wish they'd let him have more of a personal life! Initially they had set up a pretty promising relationship with his ex-stepson Jimmy. Then he all but forgot about the kid, and truly seemed surprised that a teenager would hold that against him. After that, he met a beautiful, kind, intelligent woman, with whom it seemed he might have a promising relationship...but TPTB broke them up so quickly, and with no real reason. Come on, give the man SOMETHING besides sitting behind the desk!

I love the character, but I really wish they'd let him have more of a personal life!

Agreed. I'm so bummed that, for whatever reason, they decided not to pursue the relationship with the woman who had the crappy land lord. Boden deserves some happiness and I would much rather watch a storyline about his personal life, however flawed, than to continue on with the "Dawson is Fabulous" or "Dawson Treats Casey Like Shit" tripe.

Edited by Rapunzel

Chief Boden  is the kind of boss,who could make any less than desirable employee, worth saving. I just love his attitude,his approach about everything and everybody. He is the kind of boss that could tell you to go to hell and you would look forward to the trip. Mills is too young to be so intense, I guess there are people like him in the work place..I retired from a civil service job after 34 years, I can't remember any co-workers that I was overly impressed with as human beings, but I do remember my first boss and he did not have the grit of Chief Boden ( it wasn't required or needed)  he had the same quality of loyalty ,temperament,strength and common sense to make you want to follow him anywhere.I know I could go in and talk with him and I knew I would get the best he had/he could give,guess that's why I like Chief Boden. 

• Love 1

I haven't heard Eamonn's Brit accent (I did know he was British) but I can imagine it's regal.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall of a room that had him and Idris Elba (Brit, too) discussing acting. I'd be buzzin' big time. Smelling salts, please.

• Love 3

I haven't heard Eamonn's Brit accent (I did know he was British) but I can imagine it's regal.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall of a room that had him and Idris Elba (Brit, too) discussing acting. I'd be buzzin' big time. Smelling salts, please.

Count me in on that wall! Those are two fine men! Oh, and great actors, too! ;-)

Boden is cool except for his regretable dimness when it comes to the most recent rachet faced blond or doughy guy who will usually blurt out something like "I don't care how good your station is. I'll destroy you if I have to plant evedence." 

To bad boden doesn't have a cell phone or some new fangled recordin deevice.