Type keyword(s) to search

It's Never Too Early To Panic: 4 Reasons the ZA Will Begin Any Day Now!

• Start Topic

1. Weaponized virus/bacteria: Our military-or some other country's military- is developing this to destroy an enemy nation more easily than by a ground war...but it gets spilled or stolen by terrorists and spreads around the world. But why a zombie infection? Poison--like anthrax--kills and the job is done. Why would a zombie virus be created as a weapon?
  2. Big Pharma is doing it. Multi-billion dollar corporate labs are creating it right now--that bath salt business was just a test! Soon they'll perfect the formula, and control the world...exactly how that would make more money than it would wipe out is unclear. Do you know?
  3. God did it. Because...well, you can't ask God for an explanation. Actually you can ask; you just won't get an answer. But it's all spelled out in the Book of Revelations. On behalf of those of us who aren't familiar with the particular passages-chapter and verse- would you share the Good News?
  4. Darwin did it. Didn't Herschel say it was "Nature correcting itself" (and look what happened to him!). Mother Nature does a little spiffing up now and then; sometimes she throws out the baby with the bathwater. Or the tsunami as it were. Throw out the old and in with the new. We're the dinosaurs; zombies are the evolution of humans into a species that shows more progress by, um, I'm not sure really. How would zombies be a step up?

I can't even - not when there are more than 4 reasons why the world as we know it is already ending (for realz) and my personal philosophy is along the lines of Rust Cole's "the only decent thing mankind can do ..."

This show is a lovely diversion from the true horror of the apocalypse that we are facing (hey, I just watched some of my saved VICE episodes, and no amount of wine, pot and The Walking Dead escapist fantasy can distract me from reality during this long hiatus).   

The best thing about the ZA Apocalypse scenario is that we can blame it on something other than our own personal selfish actions.  Government experiment gone wrong, sins of our fathers. eeevil entities - everything except our own dammed actions and decisions.  Which, of course, will be the real reason for the end of this world, and we know it. 

ETA: on a purely scientific note, the theory of zombification does not make sense or follow any biological imperatives or purposes; therefore should such a phenomena manifest, the greatest minds in the world would be very pissed at being eaten before they could apply their logic to the ridiculous.  They'd be equally pissed if their DVRs didn't record the season opener in October, and I'm in agreement there.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 3
Is that to say your conspiracy theorytheory can beat up my conspiracy theory? :D

I eschew all theories based upon a conspiracy.  :D 

BTW:  I would hope you know me well enough by now that the suggestion I could be incommunicado until October is laughable and impossible.  :-)   (Unless you are Allison DuBois and know how and when I will die, in which case, drag on your e-cigs like a Hoovering bitch, they will never emotionally satisfy you ... like my nicotine does),  lol

(edited)

I created this thread because everything else that goes wrong is this world seems to be explained by conspiracy theories (at least if you've ever looked at the Daily Mail. and if you're old enough to remember the 80's you'll recall some prize claims about the "new" virus HIV/AIDS). In War of The Worlds, we met a few characters who had instant answers , and in Max Brooks novel World War Z, that plays a major part in the coping mechanisms--or lack thereof--from one country to another. Yet there has been no mention or curiousity in the origin of the infection on TWD, and no sign of groups allied by fighting aliens or burning crosses or anything. In World War Z, there were even people pretending to be a zombie as a mental condition, something I found quite believable with the kind of Tim Treadwell people we have in the world right now: "I understand these creatures they are my brothers AGGGHH!". Now Eugene shows up with "the answer"...so someone has to call him on it pretty soon.

Hanlon's Razor "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

BTW Walnut Queen; I eschew any satisfactions based on battery power.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 2

Maybe we'll go out from a mad cow disease like illness. (I think they said the Zs were originially caused by a bad gas station burger in "Zombieland".)

I read something once about the affects of a certain fungus on people. It causes a zombie-like state, minus the hunger for human flesh. Maybe some cannibals contract it, start biting people. Those people think they're zombies, now they themselves are zombies, and bite/eat people because they psychologically think they should?

I don't know. I'm on hour 11 of an 18 hour shift and it's getting to me.

• Love 1

And today, we have the second homeland-based ebola infection announced, after weeks of "It can't happen here..." dun-dun-DUNH!!

No, I don't think we'll be swept by ebola, but I do see how a pandemic could wipe out swaths of the population before we even knew what was happening.  What the genesis might be, who knows--eeeevil enemies, Mother Nature, Human Stupidity.....

We are complacent, and apparently not nearly as "well-prepared" with our "superior medical facilities" as our CDC believed we were!  And even with this small eruption of a deadly disease (not small if your family member is involved, I'm not diminishing that fear at all) you can see how panic would spread quickly, and we'd all be screwed more from the stupid behavior of those around us than the disease itself.  Look at the recent riots in this country--law enforcement would be able to do very little to control people unless they resorted to deadly force, and most municipalities do NOT have the military-style gear we saw being used in Ferguson, MO in any case.

• Love 1

We are all potentially the walking dead in a spiritual apocalypse spawned by the viral effects of materialism, nationalism and egotism. We look good, but how many have an aging portrait in the closet?

Part of the function of an apocalypse is to destroy what is present so that what is better may have a place.

Any virus is an apocalypse running through an individual. A fever, which is the unpleasant part, is what rids the body of the virus before the effects of the actual virus can take over and kill you. I recently brought a 92 year old person to an emergency room. The person thought they had a rash because they had no fever. I thought it looked like an infection. It was an infection. We were told that people over 90 often don't get the fever when they get an infection because an older body doesn't regulate temperature as well and perhaps it knows that the fever is just as lethal as the infection is.

So...if we have walkers, if we have fever...if we have unpleasant purging experiences that means we are salvageable....but also as a human race that has developed compassion and healing technologies we also are salvageable.

Yeah I am not basing this on more than my own contemplations

• Love 2

We are all potentially the walking dead in a spiritual apocalypse spawned by the viral effects of materialism, nationalism and egotism. We look good, but how many have an aging portrait in the closet?

Part of the function of an apocalypse is to destroy what is present so that what is better may have a place.

Any virus is an apocalypse running through an individual. A fever, which is the unpleasant part, is what rids the body of the virus before the effects of the actual virus can take over and kill you. I recently brought a 92 year old person to an emergency room. The person thought they had a rash because they had no fever. I thought it looked like an infection. It was an infection. We were told that people over 90 often don't get the fever when they get an infection because an older body doesn't regulate temperature as well and perhaps it knows that the fever is just as lethal as the infection is.

So...if we have walkers, if we have fever...if we have unpleasant purging experiences that means we are salvageable....but also as a human race that has developed compassion and healing technologies we also are salvageable.

Yeah I am not basing this on more than my own contemplations

Deep!  I love this.  I will remember it when I get the ebola. Ha.  No really, this really  is what the idea of the ZA is about and why I love TWD.

On a lighter note, ya'll have the magic portraits in your closets? My house has NO storage, and, crap, all my misspent youth is right here on my very own face for the world to see. Seems unfair.

• Love 3
(edited)

Okay, so, this could be good news. Or not.

This article explains that Stanford University found that cells call "microglia" clean our brains but then a protein called EP2 shuts down microglia and people get Alzheimer's.

They want a new treatment that will wipe out the EP2 protein in our brains so the microglia will keep hoovering up plaques and craps on the neurons or whatever and then people wouldn't get Alzheimer's.

That's nice. I am disturbed by the end of the article which say "they hope to produce" this in a way that will only kill the EP2 proteins "to prevent unnecessary side effects"

Hey, what could go wrong?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11280504/Has-Stanford-University-found-a-cure-for-Alzheimers-disease.html

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 2

Okay, so, this could be good news. Or not.

This article explains that Stanford University found that cells call "microglia" clean our brains but then a protein called EP2 shuts down microglia and people get Alzheimer's.

They want a new treatment that will wipe out the EP2 protein in our brains so the microglia will keep hoovering up plaques and craps on the neurons or whatever and then people wouldn't get Alzheimer's.

That's nice. I am disturbed by the end of the article which say "they hope to produce" this in a way that will only kill the EP2 proteins "to prevent unnecessary side effects"

Hey, what could go wrong?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11280504/Has-Stanford-University-found-a-cure-for-Alzheimers-disease.html

I haven't checked the link (yet), but my beloved coconut oi is supposed to help people with alzheimers. I know that it can't cure everything, but it has helped me.

Edited by Anela