Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: What Have You Done

• Start Topic

On 8/10/2016 at 0:55 PM, sugarbaker design said:

I totally agree, Nikki wants to make J feel uncomfortable, Craig is probably just doing it out of spite.

So Paul and Smurf have their showdown, Smurf tells him to leave, but use the backdoor, knowing full well that he'd pass Craig's room and notice his daughter is doing cocaine and in a 'relationship' with Craig.  So Paul sees his daughter doing drugs and just keeps walking?!  I know Smurf basically told him she's in charge, but damn, that suddenly makes him cool with his daughter doing drugs?

A couple of things. I think Nikki was hoping that Craig would notice her since the first time she met him. Remember the first time J brought her over for dinner and Smurf asked her "if you weren't with J, which one of one of my other boys would you like to be with"? And of course she said Craig. She has been flirting with him ever since. Not sure if anything would have happened if J hadn't broken up with her.

As for Craig... I'm sure he just thinks of her as a drug & sex buddy. When he sees someone he likes better, he will dump her.  Nikki will not take that well and it could be trouble for the entire family. I can definitely see her creating a huge scene.  I can also see Smurf putting a stop to it. She's no dummy.  Just wait till she finds out that Nikki has a watch from the jewelry store robbery. 

As for Paul.... It's true that Smurf is holding all the cards right now. I think she will pay him, but I will be surprised if she gives him more than they originally agreed on. She will 'encourage' him to take the $100,000.... possibly using Nikki as a leveraging tool.  She'll tell him she will have Craig leave her alone and not allow her to come over anymore. But, even with all that aside.... why the hell didn't he fling open Craig's bedroom door and tell his daughter to get her ass in the car?  You don't leave your daughter in a house doing drugs with an older man.  I doubt Smurf would have done a damn thing if he had. It would have shown Smurf that while she now has him over a barrel regarding the robbery, there is no way in hell you get to corrupt my daughter!! That was really weak. 

Just one more speculation. It wouldn't surprise me if Daren & Craig go back and try and to get more money from the base... with or without Smurf's approval. There were millions of dollars in there and they are way too greedy to just leave it.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, HollyG said:

A couple of things. I think Nikki was hoping that Craig would notice her since the first time she met him. Remember the first time J brought her over for dinner and Smurf asked her "if you weren't with J, which one of one of my other boys would you like to be with"? And of course she said Craig. She has been flirting with him ever since. Not sure if anything would have happened if J hadn't broken up with her.

As for Craig... I'm sure he just thinks of her as a drug & sex buddy. When he sees someone he likes better, he will dump her.  Nikki will not take that well and it could be trouble for the entire family. I can definitely see her creating a huge scene.  I can also see Smurf putting a stop to it. She's no dummy.  Just wait till she finds out that Nikki has a watch from the jewelry store robbery. 

As for Paul.... It's true that Smurf is holding all the cards right now. I think she will pay him, but I will be surprised if she gives him more than they originally agreed on. She will 'encourage' him to take the $100,000.... possibly using Nikki as a leveraging tool.  She'll tell him she will have Craig leave her alone and not allow her to come over anymore. But, even with all that aside.... why the hell didn't he fling open Craig's bedroom door and tell his daughter to get her ass in the car?  You don't leave your daughter in a house doing drugs with an older man.  I doubt Smurf would have done a damn thing if he had. It would have shown Smurf that while she now has him over a barrel regarding the robbery, there is no way in hell you get to corrupt my daughter!! That was really weak. 

Just one more speculation. It wouldn't surprise me if Daren & Craig go back and try and to get more money from the base... with or without Smurf's approval. There were millions of dollars in there and they are way too greedy to just leave it.

I think Paul is just as dumb as the sons and he will be dead before he flashes $50,000 or $150,000 thus potentially drawing the attention of NCIS and adding a Fed after the family who is free of the blackmail the detective faces for encouraging the rape of J.

On 8/20/2016 at 9:06 PM, HollyG said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Daren & Craig go back and try and to get more money from the base.

The problem there, not that it would make a dent in their heads, is that the money was destined for one of the deploying ships, as I understood it.  That way the loss would not be noticed for several days at sea, and the investigation would be derailed after that.  Plus, another raid on the base would entail a LOT of planning and perfectly timed sequences to outwit the Marines again.

Edited by Dowel Jones
  • Love 2

What I liked is that the finale both worked as a finale in case the show didn't get picked up for a second season and as a world opener for a second season.   The major issue I had for most of the season was how quickly it was burning through stories and writing itself into pretty deep corners but with a single moment J, a character I previously thought was useless and the weak link of the show opened up the show for a second season of almost unlimited possibilities.  

I think the show is at its best when it focuses on the dynamic between the family members.  It should mostly stick with that. There is an unlimited amount of psychology they can dig into there.  

• Love 3
On August 30, 2016 at 5:40 PM, Gabrielle Tracy said:

Are you sure she didn't say "Baz"?  But I could be wrong; I'll have to go back and look.

She did say Baz.  I think Nikki is manipulative, too.  J is a good student and it appears to me that she may have initiated the friendship (who knows how long before, maybe years) in order to copy his homework, his test answers, and so on.  At one point, early on, she mentioned that he wasn't keeping up his end of "being a bad influence," as she drops her panties.  (Just before she learns his mother had OD'ed.)  At one point, J described her to Smurf and the uncles as not so much a girlfriend as a "girl who is a friend."  So.. sort of a friend with benefits.  He is easily lured away by Alexis, and for the very reason the relationship will boomerang on Alexis, because she is his teacher...young, attractive, and a person of standing (or so he thinks in the beginning.)  Later, she tells Craig that she "sees things," and that she is not so stupid as her father.  She knows something is going down.  She wants to be part of the drug/sex/party scene at Smurf's and she goes back over there even after J has broken up with her...which elsewhere on this forum people have mentioned as strange.  (Who does that...show up at the home of the guy who just dumped you?)  J obviously cares about her...but more as friend, maybe, than a "spurned" lover.  It will be interesting to see if Nikki continues into the second season or just disappears when Craig dumps her, as predicted elsewhere.

Edited by lazylou
Additions.
  • Love 2
On 8/30/2016 at 4:40 PM, Gabrielle Tracy said:

Are you sure she didn't say "Baz"?  But I could be wrong; I'll have to go back and look.

She definitely said Baz. "I think Baz is kind of hot"or something like that. Which was an interesting angle with the whole "are you my dad" thing.

I'm not sure why people through that J wasn't smart enough to pull that off. He's been guarded from the beginning, and it's been pointed out several times how smart he is. Street smarts + that intelligence that has his girlfriend copying his school work. 

So that guy got Smurf's mother killed. I wonder if he did anything he shouldn't have, with her, and that resulted in Pope and his sister. I don't know how old she was supposed to be in that clip. 

I guess I'll look up the rest on-demand, or online, for the second season. I did get more into it, as I've binge-watched today. I thought the end looked like he was going to get revenge on his family, for whatever drove his mother away, but maybe it was just showing that he's ready to be one of them. 

• Love 1