Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E20: Power of Veto 6

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Even my husband, who doesn't really watch this junk, looked around from the computer in horror. I think Paulie's form of mental abuse is probably fairly common but seeing it play out was  like watching a  version of "Gaslight."  1. Suddenly back away from your girlfriend with no explanation. 2. When she asks what's going on accuse her of being whiny and smothering. 3. Tell all your friends she's a raving lunatic 4.  When she starts to cry in confusion, say "See! Bitch be crazy."

Then when he was standing there, all bare chested and macho after winning the veto and Zak kind of swayed and  ducked her head in apology, then stumbled forward and threw her arms around him, it was like every pitiful case of  overly forgiving woman-in-love, ever.  So darn maddening and  sad

Thank you! I logged in to say this exact same thing and couldn't have said it better myself. I mean even in the real world it's hard for us women when we find a guy we like, we overlook his faults... And try to rationalize everything. But in there it must be 10 times worse. She is acting normal! She is NOT drama. Is it because she is a black woman any emotion = drama? I can't stand Paulie anymore. 

So typical, a guy thinks he can just pick and choose what aspects of a woman he wants to use at his leisure but the minute she shows him anything he doesn't like, she is a grade 5 clinger and deserves to be cut. Disgusting. He would be so stupid to evict her because she will have his back no matter what. But I hope he does so that she can realize what a worthless guy he really is. Right know he is embarrassing her on national TV. I mean her parents are probably watching this. Not cool.

Done with him and once da' leaves, done with this show. It will just be the Paulie + minions show. And yes Da' did this to herself and I get why she is leaving but still Paulie will really have no opposition now.

• Love 4

I'm the opposite.  I always find these parts of the season: when there's a clear majority in the house picking off the "weaker" or less popular players off one by one to be the most boring part of the show.  It really starts to get good once they all turn on each other and get all Lord of the Flies up in there.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, msrbley said:

Nicole and Mechelle are from Michigan. Here in the "Mih-hen" state we don't pronounce the two ts in kitten or button (or mitten). If there is a single t in the middle of a word we pronounce it as a d sound. City is cidy. We also like to think we don't have an accent and all of you are actually the ones mispronouncing these words.

Born and raised Michigander here and I've never heard such a nasally and over the top accent like Nicoles in my life. And if I come across someone who says buddens like she does, it's usually a teenage girl. 

I know that people that live near the Great Lakes do have specific words and accents that differ from others in the country. One word specifically that separates people from Michigan from the rest of the country is the way we pronounce the word "crayon". 99.9% of the people in my area say it like "cran". 

7 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

That stuff between Paulie and Z gave me an uncomfortable master/slave icky feeling.  Paulie, the slaveowner who picks one to be his mistress, then when she behaves like a normal human being and makes a few emotional demands, decides to put her on the block and get rid of her.  A harsh analogy, but he is very cold-hearted and I would not be surprised if, because Z is black, he feels he doesn't need to treat her with the same respect in a relationship he would a white girl. Or he might treat the white girl equally crappy unless she was a hot supermodel.  

:-O Wow! Your whole analogy gives me an icky feeling. None of this would've have ever crossed my mind. 

18 hours ago, ghoulina said:

But Michelle really took the cake. Girl is unstable. They want to call Day "dramatic" and Zak "unstable". Who's the one throwing fruit at people and then having a hysterical crying session because they hit the dude's kidney and don't want to be seen as a violent person??? Cuckoo!

Personally, I thought Michelle was freaking because she was afraid TPTB would decide her apple attack constituted assault on another HG, and she might get booted over it.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Nashville said:

Personally, I thought Michelle was freaking because she was afraid TPTB would decide her apple attack constituted assault on another HG, and she might get booted over it.

That very well could have been it as well. Whatever it was, I still thought her dramatics were really over the top. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, aurora296 said:

Born and raised Michigander here and I've never heard such a nasally and over the top accent like Nicoles in my life. And if I come across someone who says buddens like she does, it's usually a teenage girl. 

I know that people that live near the Great Lakes do have specific words and accents that differ from others in the country. One word specifically that separates people from Michigan from the rest of the country is the way we pronounce the word "crayon". 99.9% of the people in my area say it like "cran". 

I'm from California and that's how we say it here.

11 hours ago, Nashville said:

That still doesn't make her insane, loud, toddler esque meltdown any less disturbing and eye-roll inducing.

26 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I'm from California and that's how we say it here.

That still doesn't make her insane, loud, toddler esque meltdown any less disturbing and eye-roll inducing.

Oh, c'mon now.

Michelle's humidly high-pitched histrionics were a performance worthy of the stage.

Assuming, of course, the stage in question is situated at Jimmy Joe's Dinner Theater and Tractor Repair in Bucksnort, Tennessee.  On the I-40 frontage road.

Edited by Nashville
Can't pass up a linky on that'un.
  • Love 1