Type keyword(s) to search

Show & Yell: Bellamy Young Remains The First Lady In Our Hearts

• Start Topic

I was shocked when this popped up on my DVR but my first thought was I hope Tara and Joe know! Great podcast. The other problem I had with the final round was it seemed the civilian would open her mouth to talk but then shut up to hear what else Bellamy and Julia had to say. Not a good strategy. I had no idea the show was renewed so that's good.

(edited)

For those wondering for some reason: Hannah Davis is married to Derek Jeter, but wasn't when the episode was originally supposed to air.

My conspiracy theory on the delay: Julia Stiles has a super-powerful publicist who ensured the episode came out the week of Jason Bourne. Makes as much sense as anything else.

She did do a Showtime-type show, Blue, in which she plays a mother/hooker, but it was a webseries that nobody watched. I think Lifetime have been showing it recently? Rodrigo Garcia wrote/directed it.

Edited by ApathyMonger
(edited)
22 hours ago, ApathyMonger said:

My conspiracy theory on the delay: Julia Stiles has a super-powerful publicist who ensured the episode came out the week of Jason Bourne. Makes as much sense as anything else.

Hilariously, the episode really was shot so long ago that Julia noted that Jason Bourne didn't even have its title then. I was also thinking that this might be what causes Tara to lump Julia and Claire Danes together, the Bourne franchise being the vaguely spy thing that co-stars the former. But then again I too tend to two-stars-one-slot the two of them, and I've barely watched a Bourne film.

Edited by Corgi-ears

The slot Julia Stiles occupies for me is still "modern-day film retellings of Shakespeare," as she was in 10 Things I Hate about You, O, and the Ethan Hawke Hamlet in a relatively short timespan.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 1:24 PM, ApathyMonger said:

She did do a Showtime-type show, Blue, in which she plays a mother/hooker, but it was a webseries that nobody watched. I think Lifetime have been showing it recently? Rodrigo Garcia wrote/directed it.

I watched!   It was actually pretty good. I don't even know if I finished it all though.

Hannah Davis is married to Derek Jeter, but wasn't when the episode was originally supposed to air.

Is THAT who he married? If I would have known that I would have I would have instantly hated her, only because she married my boyfriend.  :) (and I blocked out who she was)

I agree with Tara, who cares she's boring.

I may be wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen that many players get pop-corned before.

I know this is always commented on but for Celebrity Name Game, it always makes me crazy when they start describing what the celebs look like and their clue could be for a like a thousand celebs or just a general clue like "she's beautiful,tall...etc.   I think one was for Sofia Vergara....  just right off the bat, say she's on Modern Family,she has an accent,etc.   It wastes precious time! Stop with the adjectives!

Ah, here's that premium cable drama for Julia Stiles!

http://deadline.com/2016/08/riviera-cast-julia-stiles-adrian-lester-iwan-rheon-sky-neil-jordan-thriller-1201800716/

Adrian Lester, Iwan Rheon and Lena Olin are among the full cast that has been set to join Julia Stiles-starrer Riviera, Sky’s pan-European thriller that’s just starting filming in the South of France. Created by Neil Jordan, the 10-part drama is based on an idea from U2’s former manager, Paul McGuinness. Kris Thykier and Liza Marshall’s Archery Pictures and Primo Productions are producing.

Also joining the previously announced Stiles in the story of morally ambiguous characters and complex relationships are Dimitri Leonidas (The Monuments Men), Roxanne Duran (White Ribbon) and Phil Davis (Poldark).

Riviera is based in the world of the ultra-rich and set against the sun-drenched backdrop of the Cote d’Azur where Stiles plays Georgina, a Midwesterner and former fine-art scholar turned resourceful wife of billionaire Constantine Clios. After a year of marriage, her life is blown apart when Constantine is killed in an explosion aboard the yacht of a Russian oligarch and arms dealer.

Believing there’s more to the tragedy, Georgina sets out to uncover what happened, discovering dark truths about her husband. She enters a spiral of moral descent, becoming immersed in a world of lies, double-dealing and criminality. But to protect her family and its fortune, she will have to learn to adapt, survive and ultimately thrive in her dangerous new reality.

Not a Showtime show (yet), but it's Neil Jordan, so it might as well be.