Type keyword(s) to search

Dr. Jeff, Rocky Mountain Vet - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

I only started to watch a couple seasons ago. I saw a rerun from when they found the current location and how they had plans to turn it into the clinic it is now. I had no idea Dr. Jeff was 67. I wish more vets would try to and/or be able to practice in the way his facility does. I love the name he chose for his clinic though. Here's a video from 2 mo ago.

___

Here's the post from Instagram. I have an account I use mostly to look at other accounts and to enter some contests. The picture to go along with the post was Dr. Jeff in a hospital gown laying down. I figured the post itself would be enough.

2023-05-3015_27.05www.instagram.com15ed6d2db54f.thumb.jpg.946fd7e2701cb05e22eaa0355561ab9f.jpg

Edited by Jaded
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I have an Instagram account and it does bring upJeff's Instagram info.

Haven't  had time to scroll through it to glean any helpful info. His new clinic looks like it's  going to be everything he's hoped for with like minded vets and staff members. 

I love this guy

• Like 2
Just now, Jst2Wld said:

Anyone know when a new season starts?

It's unlikely there will ever be any new episodes.  After all the mergers, Animal Planet's parent company is Warner Bros. Discovery, and its CEO is making a right royal mess of most things.  No new Animal Planet shows have been produced, nor are they expected to be; the network might go away altogether.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Bastet said:

It's unlikely there will ever be any new episodes.  After all the mergers, Animal Planet's parent company is Warner Bros. Discovery, and its CEO is making a right royal mess of most things.  No new Animal Planet shows have been produced, nor are they expected to be; the network might go away altogether.

Thanks for that info Bastet.

So what the hell is Animal Planet going to show? More episodes of Tanked? North Woods Law? River Monsters?

FU Warner Bros and Disovery.

• Sad 1
31 minutes ago, Jst2Wld said:

So what the hell is Animal Planet going to show?

A bunch of re-runs until the plug gets pulled altogether, I guess.

I just used a friend's Instagram account to check out Dr. Jeff's posts and track his recovery -- it's been almost a year since the lung cancer came back, and he's all done with radiation and IV chemo, now just on an oral chemo drug.  He kept working pretty much the whole time, got the new clinic all set up, made several trips to spay/neuter clinics in Mexico and elsewhere, the usual.  He's truly a special man who feels a calling and has dedicated his life to it.  He will live on through all those he's taught, but I hope he remains around to do it himself for many, many years to come.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Bastet said:

A bunch of re-runs until the plug gets pulled altogether, I guess.

I just used a friend's Instagram account to check out Dr. Jeff's posts and track his recovery -- it's been almost a year since the lung cancer came back, and he's all done with radiation and IV chemo, now just on an oral chemo drug.  He kept working pretty much the whole time, got the new clinic all set up, made several trips to spay/neuter clinics in Mexico and elsewhere, the usual.  He's truly a special man who feels a calling and has dedicated his life to it.  He will live on through all those he's taught, but I hope he remains around to do it himself for many, many years to come.

So very eloquently stated Bastet. Thanks for sharing that info. 

Yes Dr. Jeff is THE pioneer veterinarian in combining excellence in veterinary care with excellence in human kindness and compassion. 

Every time I watch any of his episodes my heart and soul are filled with so much love and hope. Everyone who works for him/with him are on the same path and mission in life. It makes me cry (in a good way.)

I think Dr. Jeff will be just fine without AP/Warner Bros. He's better than them. "Them" being corporate america/American greed.

I will follow him on Instagram. 

• Like 2
On 3/16/2024 at 7:35 PM, Jst2Wld said:

Thanks for that info Bastet.

So what the hell is Animal Planet going to show? More episodes of Tanked? North Woods Law? River Monsters?

It reminds me of what happened to the Travel Channel.  There used to be some really good travel and food shows on there.  Now it's all just Ghostbusters, or whatever the name of that show is.  It's sad.

It's too bad that Dr Jeff (and other good Animal Planet shows) couldn't move to Nat Geo Wild.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1