Type keyword(s) to search

Intervention Canada: TJ

• Start Topic

(edited)

Mod - if I didn't create the new episode topic correctly, I'd be really grateful if you would fix it for me. THANK YOU!

Has anyone else noticed that this season seems devoted to the addicts that live amongst  us without being noticed?  They all seem better educated, cleaner, well dressed, well spoken?  It's even more of a gut wrench than the previous seasons' episodes. 

That being said.... this woman needs mental help more than anything else, I think.  Afterwards she needs to become an adult rather than a spoiled debutante.

Oops... just got to the pre-intervention, and Andrew's the interventionist.  Does this mean it's an Intervention:Canada episode?  If so, I'm guessing the mods need to delete the topic.

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1

Are we not allowed to discuss episodes from Canada? I've noticed that any time a Canadian episode sneaks in to the regular "Intervention" lineup, there is zero discussion. Just curious as to why. No criticism. I thought maybe it had to do with licensing of programming or something.

Super boring episode. There were more holes than the ones that TJ probably had in her nose cartilage. I guess we're used to more sensational US episodes. No drama; just a few tears. No scenes with the gritty details of being strung-out, begging for money, confrontations with family, etc. There were so many questions. Where was she getting the money for all of that cocaine? Where did she disappear to for months on end? Was she sleeping with her dealer?  Did she literally just walk out on her band mid-performance?

The SO was a saint to put up with all of that. There was something seriously wrong with TJ mentally. She seemed to have delusions of grandeur, yet fear of success. I don't know. Just weird and boring. Also, no follow-up as to whether or not TJ stayed clean after she returned home. My money says no.

That guy gets the Enabler of the Year award. Yeah, there wasn't a lot of drama/ugliness here, but apparently that's because TJ does all her crazy drug activity away from the house. That's better than bringing it home, I guess, but it's horrible for those children.

She did seem to suffer from a sense of exaggerated self-importance. She wants to be different, edgy, unconventional and so on, and doesn't seem to realize that there are healthy ways to do that. It's also really easy to "find yourself" as a rock star or a cocaine addict when you have a wimp of a partner who's happy to foot your bills, feed you and house you, and ask no questions about what you're doing on those months-long escapades. All of which would be OK if it were just the two of them, but there are children here. It's unconscionable to do that to them.

I got the feeling that her dealer tricks her out for drug money during that time, but maybe I've just been watching too much Intervention, lol.

• Love 1

gris

I think the mods normally don't allow discussion because the Canadian episodes are actually from a few years ago, rather than part of the current Intervention season.  That's the only reason I am aware of.    There was, briefly, an Intervention Canada thread.  That disappeared in one of the major site upgrades.

• Love 1