Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Sound The Alarm

In my opinion the Abbies have a queen just like an ant colony or bees and they can communicate over long distances telepathically. The males are sent to hunt and scout the territory and report back to the queen. The female Abby seemed to be taking everything in to gather information about the humans and identify a weakness she could exploit. The male abbies charging the gate were a distraction and she used the opportunity to sneak in. She's the brains and the males are the muscle. The Dr is likely going to figure this out when he starts to examine her. 

I think the kids are chosen to procreate bc they are the most fertile and they know enough about the situation to know that procreation is the most important way to secure the future of the human race. Remember most the adults don't know they are 4,000 in the future, they just think they're being imprisioned and there's no way out of it. They also can't be forced to have babies and they are as easily influenced. The teenagers are young enough and impressionable enough to make tons of babies without being forced for the most part. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Ausia0347 said:

The female Abby seemed to be taking everything in to gather information about the humans and identify a weakness she could exploit.

Oh boy, has she got information overload, then.

• Love 2

They could still wait a few years before getting the girls pregnant... just because you have your first period doesn't mean your body is ready to support a baby. And most girls don't actually start ovulating with any regularity for several years, so why are they rushing everyone so much... Yes, they need to repopulate, but they need to do it safely, especially if they want these kids to have more than one baby... not to mention the mental trauma on a 11 year old...

Hypnotoad needs to take a chill pill about the procreation plan...

I thought it seemed like most of the people in town now know they are way in the future... they all know about abbies and invasion day or whatever it was called... plot holes are many this season.

• Love 4

But I do agree with the IVF thing but my guess is they would want a whole family unit so it makes sense to pair them up. 

But nobody is talking about marriage or even co-habitating - just procreating. Wouldn't you think if the goal is for nuclear family units, they would start by getting kids paired off and married, and then letting nature take its course? Forcing random kids into breeding rooms against their will isn't conducive to raising happy families. And I don't see how this idea ever got the green light in the first place. Regardless of whether it came from Pilcher, Pam or Megan - I would expect the bulk of the adults to cry foul and shut that shit right down.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

But nobody is talking about marriage or even co-habitating - just procreating. Wouldn't you think if the goal is for nuclear family units, they would start by getting kids paired off and married, and then letting nature take its course? Forcing random kids into breeding rooms against their will isn't conducive to raising happy families. And I don't see how this idea ever got the green light in the first place. Regardless of whether it came from Pilcher, Pam or Megan - I would expect the bulk of the adults to cry foul and shut that shit right down.

It doesn't seem to fit with the idyllic, 1950's-ish, perfect small town America thing Pilcher seemed to be striving for. We've seen zero mention of any type of religion in the show. Either Pilcher only snagged Atheists, or maybe the writers didn't want to deal with it (not that the lack of religion would bother me). I haven't read the books so I don't know if there was any type of religion discussed, etc. in them.

I am still weeks behind in watching this show, but just have to throw my two cents in ---

Maybe this gets explained in a future episode, but I don't understand how this town got built.  Did they build it in 2015 and it just sat there for 2,000 years (that would explain why they needed a wall even though they thought the Abbies would be gone by the time the Piners thawed)? If that is the case, then wood that had't been painted in 2,000 years shoudl have rotted away and the sun and weather should have damaged most everything.  Or did they stockpile a ton of building supplies in something weatherproof, and they thawed the construction workers, electricians, and carpenters first (although the architect is now a beautician, so the town was more likely built by dentists and morticians)?  

And the supplies make no sense either - where are they getting stuff from - is one of those freezers holding enough 2,000 year old paint to keep the town looking fresh for centuries to come?  I thought they had delivery trucks coming and going int he first season.  

The boy could be gay, it would make sense that there would be gay people in WP, but I found the way they decided he was gay to be ridiculous - 

Boy: Doctor, I am really young and a virgin, and I was in a room with a girl I don't know well (or don't like much).  I never saw her naked, just in a big bathrobe. There were bright lights shining in my eyes, and some bad oldies song playing too loudly.  They told me that there were cameras and they were filming us.  Plus, there was a picture of Pilcher staring at us.  I couldn't get aroused.

Doctor: I think you are gay.

On 6/28/2016 at 8:46 AM, Accidental Martyr said:

image.jpeg

Judging by the Donna Reed holding an infant in the corner, I am going with:

K = Kissing

T = Touching

S = Stimulation (because it sounds more clinical than sucking or stroking)

L = Lubrication

P = Penetration

C = Conception

C = Childbirth

On 6/27/2016 at 8:52 PM, roctavia said:

Hypnotoad needs to take a chill pill about the procreation plan...

I don't think it has anything to do with wanting to increase the population of WP.  Her husband is dead, she is in a wheelchair, and nobody likes her (I don't have proof of that, but I can't imagine why anyone would like her). She isn't "gettin' any" so she has to to resort to watching sex tapes.  They didn't pack any sex tapes (or they would have shown them to the kids), meaning that she has to make them by forcing children to have sex in a bright room with cameras.