Type keyword(s) to search

Jurassic Park Series

Athena
  • Start Topic

This thread discusses all films in the Jurassic Park film franchise which includes the first Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy and the second Jurassic Park World movies.

• Jurassic Park (1993)
  • The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997)
  • Jurassic Park III (2001)
  • Jurassic World (2015)
  • Fifth film (2018) and Sixth film (TBA)

Feel free to compare and contrast the movies as well as sharing overall reviews or news about the films.

• Love 1

Thanks for creating this @Athena! I've been watching the original (yes, more than once!) on Netflix and wanted to talk about it without derailing the Jurassic World thread.

So, before I gush over the good and great stuff...some nitpicks.

Just how old was Alex? Lexie? I mean, how stupid was she? She turns on that HUGE strobe flashlight, moving it back and forth, in front of Queenie! And I guess she was so scared that she didn't know how to turn it off. And wasn't Timmy dino-obsessed, that he didn't know that it was movement that gave you away and to stay still? But I guess I'm being mean, because they were kids, and not adults. And I guess Lexie hated dinosaurs so didn't pay attention in science class when they were being discussed? Because she didn't know or couldn't tell who the carnivores were versus the herbivores? She did annoy me, but not as much as the kids in the latest one, or GOD, Ian's daughter! Didn't feel sorry for that brat one bit, and just wanted her to just shut up.

Though I did notice the velociraptors looked scarier in the first movie than in the second.

So can someone tell me why Newman Wayne Knight's character was willing to steal the dna and do...what with it?

And for all Queemie being the "villain" of this movie, she ended up being the heroine, when she came bursting in and saved everyone!

Oh, thought of something else. While the 'raptors were trying to break in, and Lexie was trying to get everything turned back on, why didn't Timmy just go over and pick up the gun and hand it to...shit, what was Laura Dern's character's name? since she couldn't reach it with her foot? To amp up the draaaama? Because Timmy was just standing there, waving his hand, telling the 'puter to hurry up and turn back on.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Thanks for creating this @Athena! I've been watching the original (yes, more than once!) on Netflix and wanted to talk about it without derailing the Jurassic World thread.

So, before I gush over the good and great stuff...some nitpicks.

Just how old was Alex? Lexie? I mean, how stupid was she? She turns on that HUGE strobe flashlight, moving it back and forth, in front of Queenie! And I guess she was so scared that she didn't know how to turn it off. And wasn't Timmy dino-obsessed, that he didn't know that it was movement that gave you away and to stay still? But I guess I'm being mean, because they were kids, and not adults. And I guess Lexie hated dinosaurs so didn't pay attention in science class when they were being discussed? Because she didn't know or couldn't tell who the carnivores were versus the herbivores? She did annoy me, but not as much as the kids in the latest one, or GOD, Ian's daughter! Didn't feel sorry for that brat one bit, and just wanted her to just shut up.

Though I did notice the velociraptors looked scarier in the first movie than in the second.

So can someone tell me why Newman Wayne Knight's character was willing to steal the dna and do...what with it?

And for all Queemie being the "villain" of this movie, she ended up being the heroine, when she came bursting in and saved everyone!

Oh, thought of something else. While the 'raptors were trying to break in, and Lexie was trying to get everything turned back on, why didn't Timmy just go over and pick up the gun and hand it to...shit, what was Laura Dern's character's name? since she couldn't reach it with her foot? To amp up the draaaama? Because Timmy was just standing there, waving his hand, telling the 'puter to hurry up and turn back on.

Alex with the flashlight I can forgive because she was clearly freaked out.  As for Timmy and the vision-based-on-movement thing, I'm not sure how common knowledge that was at the time, and Timmy was hardly in a rational place then either.

The velociraptors were scariest in the first movie.  But personally, I want to see Velociraptors with feathers.

Wayne Knight's character was stealing the DNA for the rival company who we never hear from ever again.  Although they could bring the rival company back in the Jurassic World sequel as a competitor: "Forget Jurassic Park, Come to Cretaceous Gardens! Our dinosaurs have NOT run amok!"

As for why Timmy didn't hand Ellie the gun, I got nothing.  Maybe 'cause he got zapped on the fence?

• Love 1

I'll forgive that, I can't blame a kid that young for being paralyzed with fear and not wanting to go any closer to the raptor trying to break in when I know I'd have a hard time with it myself.

• Love 1
On 6/14/2016 at 7:43 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

In the movie they allude to Nedry's financial problems, but don't spell it out.  If I recall correctly, in the book I think he made a bid for Hammond's business, but underestimated his expenses so he was bleeding money.  Hammond wouldn't renegotiate, so Nedry stole the DNA on behalf of one of Hammond's competitors, partly for money and partly to get back at Hammond.

On 6/14/2016 at 7:43 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Didn't Timmy say he was in the Future Middle Managers of America?