Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Part 22

John finds evidence that refutes his alibi. Eric makes a remark that catches Marco's attention. Meg must decide whom to protect: Marco or her family.

At least this penultimate episode doesn't end with John drowning someone!  Instead, it ends with him finally figuring out that O'Bannion knew that he and Danny were meeting earlier, and basically knew more then he was letting on.  Turns out he also found Janey's necklace too, and is currently planning on using this with Marco to get a sweet deal.  Have a feeling Ozzy will not be happy about this, since he was planning to keep blackmailing the Rayburns instead.

Eve and Nolan move in officially, but Meg spots Eve with Ozzy (who was actually ending things), and now thinks she can't be trusted.  Sally just blows Meg off, of course.  Then again, I haven't really been trusting Meg's judgement either lately.

Kevin sells to Roy Gilbert, and already seems to be regretting it.  I'm guessing this stuff with Roy is being set up for a potential third season, because I really don't see it getting resolved any time soon.

• Love 2

So is Roy in with the drug dealers?

That incriminating tape that John was looking at with all the players  in their cars using that road....the police aren't asking to see that yet are they? Do they even know about it?

• Love 2
On 6/7/2016 at 11:03 PM, Valny said:

That incriminating tape that John was looking at with all the players  in their cars using that road....the police aren't asking to see that yet are they? Do they even know about it?

No, but they don't have any clue that that beach was where the murder happened. 

For sure something shady was going down at the boatyard. Loos to me like out of the frying pan, into the fire for Kevin. Am I wrong, or did Roy ignore his outstretched hand when he tried to shake hands after the papers were handed over? It looked like Roy just left without another word, as if he'd got what he wanted and Kevin was just dirt on the floor. No doubt, he wants Kevin there because he wants an operator who (a) owes him and (b) is a known screwup.

Meg is definitely having regrets, too, as well she should. People bringing big wads of cash donations aren't on the up-and-up. The creative accounting Roy suggested is unethical. Meg should learn Marco's motto of going by your gut. She knew something was off from the first time he brought cash, and it's just gone on from there.

I guess this show is demonstrating the truth of "Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive." They are all digging the hole deeper and deeper, at the same time the cops are closing in. I don't see Marco giving in.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, peggy06 said:

No, but they don't have any clue that that beach was where the murder happened. 

For sure something shady was going down at the boatyard. Loos to me like out of the frying pan, into the fire for Kevin. Am I wrong, or did Roy ignore his outstretched hand when he tried to shake hands after the papers were handed over? It looked like Roy just left without another word, as if he'd got what he wanted and Kevin was just dirt on the floor. No doubt, he wants Kevin there because he wants an operator who (a) owes him and (b) is a known screwup.

Meg is definitely having regrets, too, as well she should. People bringing big wads of cash donations aren't on the up-and-up. The creative accounting Roy suggested is unethical. Meg should learn Marco's motto of going by your gut. She knew something was off from the first time he brought cash, and it's just gone on from there.

I guess this show is demonstrating the truth of "Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive." They are all digging the hole deeper and deeper, at the same time the cops are closing in. I don't see Marco giving in.

You're not wrong, Roy did ignore the handshake. I thought it a nice piece of business, showing his attitude toward Kevin and foreshadowing their future relationship.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave" indeed. I say it while watching, after each particularly stupid lie results in a crisis (which is pretty much always).

• Love 2

That last bit gave me goosebumps. 

In other shows, when a detective has looked at camera footage like that, it's usually recorded somehow - showing who checked it, at what time. I wonder if they'll show that here, at some point.