Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E05: Where the Ratchet Things Are

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I've heard ratchet used to describe white people,  black people,  places,  things and all kinds of shit.  I  don't and I'm sure many others don't automatically think of black people when I hear the word.  

I personally haven't seen any "racist bullshit" anywhere on this board.  

Go over to the Real World board...it's chuck full of racist shade and racist apologists.  It's pretty nauseating.  

I have also heard ratchet used to describe people who aren't black...basically people and things that are a big ol' hot mess.  

• Love 3
On June 3, 2016 at 11:30 PM, NoirDetective said:

General replies to the thread:

- I have never heard anyone white or black use "ratchet" to describe a non-black person. Ratchet to me implies a black woman with no class and a cheap greasy weave. So, Simone.

- I really can't fault Reilly for being over Jessica and her endless sob stories. If there was an opportunity for them to fail in this thing, she scant missed an opportunity to seize it, and I see way more strikes against her than him.

"I'm a woman. I am emotional as fuck!"

"I am currently in a terrible relationship."

"Tony is just so alive!" (The same nonsense said she about Dustin.)

I mean, we've all known a chick like this, right? She creates her own mess and then expects others to validate how tough her life is. How about she stand on her own two fucking feet? How's that for being a woman? If her success is determinate on how well a man encourages her, then she has already failed. She's super annoying and performed poorly. Her drama cycle will spin no matter what Reilly did, and since he has no use for her outside of the competition I don't see why he would bother to play her game. Adios, Jess. Good luck with slathering on your mask of make-up for the trip home.

And to those offended by his weight comment, save for muscular Sarah/Jenna, Jessica probably is the heaviest, no? Certainly she's bigger than Amanda, which is all that really mattered.

- This is from Simone's Twitter: "I'm totally okay with playing the race card when necessary." So I guess she's also totally okay with being pulled over by a cop whenever she's driving something nicer than a Pinto, or people dismissing her (hypothetical) accomplishments as the fruits of affirmative action. 'Necessary' is subjective like that, you see. 

Simone: "I'm very opinionated..." Ignorant and loud and braindead is not an opinion, trash bag. What a shock she didn't find love on AYTO (does anybody ever? I've never seen). She has the education of a spare tire.

Speaking of subjective, someone above claimed Simone is pretty. I mean, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...but you may want to have an optometrist check your prescription at your earliest convenience. In the eye of this beholder she should be kept in a glass cage for schoolchildren to gasp at as they pass.

- Calling Ashley a slut when Simone would be doing the same thing except nobody wants her. I'd rather be a slut my whole life than Simone for one day, but to each his own. Simone got rejected, then pulled the childish "I never wanted that anyway!" bullshit. Perhaps Simone should evaluate why no one wants her rather than hating on those who are coveted.

- Tom and Dimone are never going to win a challenge just like they never have won a challenge so that "we won't send each other in" was a one-way street. And how many times have we seen others try to carry a dud team to the finals? Cory/Ashley would always be sent in over Dimone, so I'm not sure Cory should be hanging out strategy lessons to Ashley and not just limping around with his torn ACL, since that encouraged others to carry him and Pizzaface to the end last time. If she had to threaten his dumb ass to make the right move, kudos.

- Ashley isn't any great shakes, and her face appears to exist outside of time to me, but didn't she use a better metric than Jamie did in this yardsticking this relationship? He said he was drawn to her after seeing her in a bikini, the implication being that if she wasn't hot the rest would mean nothing. Ashley looked past that and said she didn't think Jamie was hot and gave him a shot because he was a nice person, and now she's a bitch? She probably could have not said his body was disgusting, but don't girls always exchange notes like this? Just not with a camera in a high corner?

- Finally, I wonder if these AYTO disasters are being picked specifically to make viewers see them as the villains and not Bananas, to whom the show hasn't given much focus to yet this time.

Finally, finally: Paula has a baby!?! You mean a baby that she put up for adoption, right? RIGHT?????? God I hope right.

I'm the one who said Simone is attractive and I stand by it.  My eyesight is fine, thank you. She is very beautiful; her behavior is not.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, lightbeam said:

I'm the one who said Simone is attractive and I stand by it.  My eyesight is fine, thank you. She is very beautiful; her behavior is not.

I agree.  I think she is attractive as well.  In comparison....I think Simone is much prettier than Ashley.  Both of their attitudes and personalities....ugly.  

• Love 9
4 hours ago, shelley1005 said:

I have also heard ratchet used to describe people who aren't black...basically people and things that are a big ol' hot mess.  

This is how I've heard it used and used it as well.  And Ashley has brought lots of ratchet behavior to this season from the first episode.

I really wish that the winners would have to pick who goes to elimination right after the challenge.  There was a time when the deliberations were interesting, usually when they are in teams.  But when it's just the winning pair, I don't care for them inviting people to their "king" dinner to intimidate them and make deals that don't matter.  I would more enjoy the drama of them having to choose on the spot, like when Sarah "stabbed" John in the back.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, shelley1005 said:

Go over to the Real World board...it's chuck full of racist shade and racist apologists.  It's pretty nauseating.  

That stuff got cleared out. There's no note from a mod, but there's about a weeks' worth of stuff gone. I was following for a while until I got bored and the trolling was obvious.

I would be very nervous about using the word "ratchet" among my black friends. I don't know if it's racist or not, but I ain't taking any chances.

• Love 1

I'm not nervous to use any word around my black friends at all or around my black sister in law and niece.  They know me and they know that not everything is meant in a racist way.  I wouldn't have friends I couldn't speak freely around. 

• Love 1
On 6/5/2016 at 5:25 PM, Pixel said:

That stuff got cleared out. There's no note from a mod, but there's about a weeks' worth of stuff gone. I was following for a while until I got bored and the trolling was obvious.

I would be very nervous about using the word "ratchet" among my black friends. I don't know if it's racist or not, but I ain't taking any chances.

is it? I went back and I still see plenty of shenanigans.  but yes, very obvious trolling lol.

I don't think there's anything wrong with saying "ratchet". There's always context though, and that makes a huge difference.