Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: The Matchmaker

When an American girl leaves home to meet her boyfriend in Turkey, the International Response Team suspects she’s in trouble after being tricked by someone posing as her boyfriend.

(edited)

I only half-watch this and it's strictly for the scenery, but wow, you don't often see the "young, impressionable & stupid" defense work that well in the international political terrorism arena.

Edited by candall
  • Love 2

Wow, this was a horrible episode.  I felt absolutely no sympathy for the young girl who got kidnapped, and I found myself actively wishing for her to be killed.  That can't be what the producers wanted, right?  The actress was simply awful, and especially when she put on that headdress, wow, talk about unattractive.  Although I guess that goes along with the theme of neglected girl gets some attention from a foreign student and now she is easily manipulated, since nobody must have ever looked at her before.

• Love 3

When the girl was intently listening to the drivel that the woman was telling her, I first yelled at the screen 'you are so stupid!'.  Then I changed it to 'you are such a teenager!'  

If these guys are so smart, why did they spend so much time trying to trace Emir so he could identify the friend he had gotten to make contact with the girl?  I assumed from the minute it was said that she had sent word out on social media that she was looking for Emir that a stranger was pretending to be his friend.  Anyone in the world could have done that, but they assume for the longest time that it was Emir's friend.  

I also kept wondering where I had seen the woman villain before (the opening credits were no help--I didn't recognize any names), so I looked her up.  I knew her as Penny from 'Lost' (and from 'Flashforward', but I've pretty much forgotten that show).

• Love 2

I know shows aren't documentaries but this show went beyond the pale in ridiculously unbelieveable plot points.  That girl was wired to blow.  That alone was a terrorist act.  She goes home?  Are you kidding me? Even IF she managed not to spend 30 years in jail she would have to go through a big deal trial before if she's lucky they find her not guilty. 

And the state dept out of the kindness of its nonexistent heart let the boy back into the US.  RIGHT.  And I'm not saying stupid kids can't be radicalized but in 3 days?  And this supposed straight A's student believes that if the US wanted the boy dead they wouldn't do it in the US they would deport him and then need to follow her to him.  Yeah sure.   

I like the show showing different cultures but this was terrible.

• Love 2