Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: No Way Out

Mary must prioritize her life over her cousin's. Meanwhile, Lola and Elizabeth unexpectedly join forces; Catherine can't escape her past; and Mary and Gideon begin to see each other in a new light.

Scene from the episode:

Edited by PinkRibbons

While I was sad to see Francis go, I must admit that I am really liking the direction  the show is going these days. I enjoy the ramifications of the decisions that Elizabeth and Mary make or are forced to make. If you think about it, it must have really sucked to be Mary at this point in her life. 

• Love 2
(edited)

That was awesome. This show is turning towards its full potential with our three queens in separate dilemmas. Mary becoming the Femme Fatale, Elizabeth doing what needs to be done (and was at least partially historically accurate!), and Catherine struck off balance...for now. That serial killer might be of some use now to our lovely regent.

Edited by PinkRibbons
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, PinkRibbons said:

That was awesome. This show is turning towards its full potential with our three queens in separate dilemmas. Mary becoming the Femme Fatale, Elizabeth doing what needs to be done (and was at least partially historically accurate!), and Catherine struck off balance...for now. That serial killer might be of some use now to our lovely regent.

It was a pretty good episode. This version of Elizabeth kinda annoys me (I go back and forth with her - I'm no accent expert but her Rachel Skarsten's English seems pretty bad and it's kinda distracting) but I liked the final moment between her and Lola at the chessboard and last week when she said, "Knox. What a hateful little man." I'm pretty much uninterested in everything about her and Dudley's love affair, although this isn't completely the show's fault - I'm always uninterested in him. Reign has just continued the tradition (for me) of bland Dudleys. I like that Reign is actually sending him to France though.

Catherine continues to be Catherine, thankfully. I think my favorite line was the night was, "I'm not your wife - I won't be scared back into your arms by a drowned rat."

• Love 1

"or a dead Cardinal"  I love Megan Follows!

I recently started watching this.  Can someone explain the story behind "The Red Knights"?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, elle said:

"or a dead Cardinal"  I love Megan Follows!

I recently started watching this.  Can someone explain the story behind "The Red Knights"?

This episode is the first we've heard of it, so you haven't missed anything in that regard.

5 hours ago, ulkis said:

This episode is the first we've heard of it, so you haven't missed anything in that regard.

Thank you.  My thoughts about the play were "how very Shakespearean - the play's the thing and all that"  Then I thought that the knights might be the Templars, but that was ordered by Philip IV in 1307.

(edited)

This episode was fun!  I felt like there was basically no filler which always makes for a good episode.  

Greer's hair looked like a hot mess from many angles.  I do appreciate that as soon as she was out of the castle her hair looked like shit, but doesn't she have enough money now to get it a bit more under control?  I liked that she was fully honest with Mary though - it couldn't have been easy.  But really, what kind of life would she have in Scotland? In France she has some semblance of independence.  

It does make me curious how the show will be structured if Mary does make it to Scotland - and with the renewal for next season I feel like they must end up there at some point.  Will it be split between France and Scotland?  I can't imagine they would want to get rid of Catherine/MF.   

I also keep trying to figure out if they are trying to make Gideon into a substitute for the Darnley or Bothwell character.  He seems too intelligent to be Darnley but too soft for what I envision Bothwell to be (plus it seems exceptionally important to keep Bothwell Scottish).  

I miss Kenna. 

Edited by megsara

Does Mary know that Greer is pregnant? I can't remember if that came up yet. I mean, it seemed pretty obvious to look at her even though she was standing behind the bar, and yet it didn't explicitly enter into the conversation about going back to Scotland. 

I haven't watched this show in forever, but was curious to see how it was treating Elizabeth. Badly - of course. Why, for one, is she living in a Georgian-style palace??

On 5/4/2016 at 10:38 AM, megsara said:

It does make me curious how the show will be structured if Mary does make it to Scotland - and with the renewal for next season I feel like they must end up there at some point.  Will it be split between France and Scotland?  I can't imagine they would want to get rid of Catherine/MF

She said she's definitely going to be in next season, so I think that's the way it will play.

On 5/7/2016 at 10:42 PM, Bosman said:

I haven't watched this show in forever, but was curious to see how it was treating Elizabeth. Badly - of course. Why, for one, is she living in a Georgian-style palace??

I don't mind them portraying Elizabeth as more wicked than usual, but I think the Dudley/Elizabeth stuff is really rushed portrayal and they're depending too much on people knowing some of the history of it already (unusual for Reign).