Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Beyond The Tank Episode 211

Barbara Corcoran's season 6 deal with Pipcorn turned the organic mini-popcorn company into a multimillion-dollar business. Can Barbara help them with their factory space and shipping issues? After Lori Greiner's season 5 deal with Pursecase, one of its 2 founders bowed out. Now the remaining partner needs Lori's help to get focused again with their stylish smartphone hard case product. Mark Cuban made a deal in season 6 with Pittmoss, an organic alternative to peat moss. Now they are working on entering the consumer market.

Pit Moss still sounds like a good idea for a company to me, so I'm glad to see that it's starting to pick up steam.  I thought that Mark looked either extremely tired, or really exacerbated by Mont during their conversation.  The editing made it look like a fruitful discussion, but Mark's reactions told a somewhat different story.

I never really understood the appeal of the tiny purse for a cell phone, so I wasn't really that interested in this update.  Is it really THAT hard to make a purse that fits an Android phone?  I would think that excluding them would be bad for their bottom line.  (I'm a terrible person, because every time I see that one of Lori's businesses is featured, I want it to turn out badly.)

• Love 1

It seems like the purse case young woman is floundering a bit.  She also seems like she really doesn't like Lori.  

I really hope that PittMoss does well.  I like the owner and he seems really hard working and sincere about helping the environment.  

Spoiler alert:  that boutique chain that Lori was so keen on getting those pursephones into shut down in December.  I'm thinking her Zero-or-Hero Spidey-sense isn't what she thinks it is.

Are we entirely sure that neither the CEO nor her former partner was Nick Kroll?  PubLIZity was less of a parody than I thought.

• Love 2

That phonepurse chick never blinked. It was unnerving. Watching that segment, I was thinking, this phonepurse is one of the most useless pieces of garbage I've ever seen Lori attach her name to, and I own a toilet footstool that she hawks.

What do you mean to tell me that Kitson shut its doors? Where will Heidi Montag shop now? (That's llllllliterally when that place was relevant. Whaaaaeeet?)

• Love 2
On 4/27/2016 at 2:21 PM, Gregg247 said:

I never really understood the appeal of the tiny purse for a cell phone, so I wasn't really that interested in this update.  Is it really THAT hard to make a purse that fits an Android phone?  I would think that excluding them would be bad for their bottom line.  (I'm a terrible person, because every time I see that one of Lori's businesses is featured, I want it to turn out badly.)

Mismanagement seems a lot of it. They made a case for the Galaxy and then "right after" there was a new model released. Well that's a fairly predictable schedule and I'd think it obvious that you create a new mold immediately for a new model. Not after it's been around.

Also Lori, the self-proclaimed expert on women and technology, seemed to think "Android is half the market". She needed to be told that it's fractured and even the best-selling Android (Samsung Galaxy) is a smaller share than Apple. But also, iPhones overweights toward female buyers and Samsung toward men. So unless she has visions of men buying lots of minipurses the whole idea was `badly formed..

That said, $5000 / mold is a totally viable cost if the product was selling. If the Queen of QVC couldn't sell enough iPhone models to cover that, they clearly had bigger problems.