Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E23: Greg And Larry

• Start Topic

I think Figgis is probably somebody we know and that is why his voice was modulated to disguise it.

Bob did tell us that Figgis had operatives in the NYPD, so that might be a clue.

I love that Jake's attempt to break Bob was bad scatting.

The modulation told me its one of two things: 1) It's someone well enough known to,Jake that he would recognize the voice, or 2) the character hasn't been cast yet. If it's the former, I hope it's the Vulture, although that would mean an end to his run on the show.

I've decided that it's time for a re-watch. I'm going to re-watch all 3 season during the hiatus. Anyone else want to join me and revive the old threads?

Holla if you do this - we can put the news out, and get folks excited about this!

• Love 1

I don't at all get the impression that people don't know what Figgis looks like, just that because he had so many people in law enforcement in his pocket that they couldn't build a case on him and now that they have dismantled a large chunk of his organization he has gone underground.

I don't at all get the impression that people don't know what Figgis looks like, just that because he had so many people in law enforcement in his pocket that they couldn't build a case on him and now that they have dismantled a large chunk of his organization he has gone underground.

If that's the case, there would be no need for him to disguise his voice when he called Jake.

Wait--Holt misused the word "decimated?" Holt? I know most people don't know what "decimated" literally means, but Holt is the sort of person who would correct people at length if they did that: "I assume you mean that exactly ten percent of Figgis' operation was destroyed. That is what you meant, isn't it, Diaz?"

Holt is fastidious but he's not faultless in his pursuit of correctness. I recall that he thought splitting an infinitive was an actual mistake rather than a superstition.

Figured there would be a twist at the end, but I didn't see Holt and Jake having to be put in Witness Protection at the end.  Not sure if it would be realistic to have both of them be neighbors

What I'm wondering is whether Kevin and Amy are there. Otherwise we'd be faced with that staple of hero-in-hiding stories: drawing them out by threatening the one they love.

If that's the case, there would be no need for him to disguise his voice when he called Jake.

And I'm one of those who believe there is in fact no in-story need for a vocal disguise; just that they don't want it to be inconsistent with whoever eventually gets cast in the role. 

The shipper of Holt/Cozner and Jake/Amy in me hopes they're with him but I doubt it. The fact that Jake agreed so happily to moving in either garantees it's just him and Holt (which doesn't make any sense given the whole of the 99 was investigating Figgis and Amy and Charles weren't subtle at the end) or that paradoxically they are in WP together and things are going horribly.

I think Jake and Holt are on their own. The only question is whether its a "one and done" ep as at the beginning of S2 or an "arc and done" like S3. Whilst I had issues with Jake seemingly busting dangerous Mafiosos on a Friday and (seemingly) turning up to work on Monday, I think its a better approach than having Jake/Holt off by themselves for your first group of episodes, especially when ratings have not been great. I guess Jake/Amy will go through some drama, but I hope its the grown up kind that makes this couple very rare on TV, let alone sitcoms.

Edited by Featherhat