Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: A Game of Backgammon

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

(edited)

Reading about Grantchester I have learned that Rupert Brooke swum nude in Byron's pool. I believe the river Cam runs to Cambridge. The town goes back to the Iron Age. And Brooke lived at the old Vicarage..

Edited by whatsatool

I watched a YouTube interview with James and Robson and they said the whiskey they drink is burnt sugar.  I know there was a discussion about what they drink as liquor on another page (James has a type of diabetes so there was speculation as to what he could drink), but on a Jonathan Ross appearance he clarified there are two types of diabetes and he has the other one.  Whatever that means.  

Cheers!

• Love 1

Sounds disgusting, makes sense though.

As for the types of diabetes: type 2 is usually aquired through a certain lifestyle (wrong diet, excess weight, genetic disposition) and in some cases can even be 'cured' with a change in lifestyle. Type 1 is an autoimmune illness you are usually born with that you can manage but not get rid of; it prevents the pancreas from producing insulin .

The insulin issue is the same for both. Some people can do with pills (type 2 only afaik), some have to inject insulin (calculated via the current blood sugar level and planned meal), some need to wear a pump 24/7.

I'm the only non-diabetic in my family, so I know a bit about this. I also can't count the number of times I had to step in doing first aid at the gym when the trainers thought the person lying on the ground was just drunk (pisses me off every time, hence my PSA in the other thread) and a co-worker has a key to my office and knows where I stash the honey for my tea in case he has an emergency (for instance when the nutcase cycles to work faster than Lance Armstrong without having had proper breakfast first or gets held up in a meeting).

I think I need to pencil in a visit to Cambridge some time when I'm in London, what we've seen so far on the show looks rather lovely and somehow I've never made it there. Has anyone here ever been?

• Useful 1