Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Beyond The Tank Episode 207

Robert Herjavec invested in Happy Feet, the plush-animal-shaped slippers and footwear company, during Season 5. Now they meet with executives from DreamWorks to try and land a major licensing deal. In Season 1, Daymond John invested in Treasure Chest Pets, a plush toy with secret compartments for kids to store valuables, but neither of them anticipated how the recession would impact the business. After the Season 6 deal Barbara Corcoran made with Scratch & Grain, the founders realized they had problems with how production was handled. There was no deal in Season 6 for Oilerie, but is the dream still alive for the gourmet self-serve olive oil franchise?

Happy Feet seems like a legitimately successful company, especially now with the Dreamworks licensing deal.  I'll bet Lori is still mad she didn't get them on her QVC show!  Good for Robert for snatching that deal from her and Kevin at the last minute.

Compared to the high quality of Happy Feet, that company that Daymond invested in during S1 looked pretty ragged.  I'm sorry to see that the company failed, but it looks like the owner was able to pick up the pieces and succeed , still working with Daymond.

No opinion on the home baking company, except to say that Barbara sure loves the color pink!

Wow, everybody looked so much younger 7 years ago.

Looks like that money the Scratch and Grain women saved on buying cheapo equipment from China really worked out well.  Sigh.

I think that Robert goes with what seems fun and he has done really well with some of his off-beat companies. Wow-a license for Dreamworks is HUGE! Unbelievable that the treasure chest plushes and the Happy Feet slippers sell for about the same price as there is no comparison between the quality of those two companies-the Happy Feet slippers looked fabulous. I'm surprised that Daymond hired the woman from the treasure chest toys as he couldn't convince her to move on from the company (another person so in love with their idea/product that they can't see that the feeling isn't returned...). Anyway, I don't see her as the best advisor to have for his other companies.

Barbara sure isn't happy with her baking company. People in such a hurry to make a quick profit that they use substandard machinery instead of making a real investment for their futures. As Judge Milian would say 'the cheap ends us being expensive'.

Anyway, I found this really informative and insightful about issues that business face. I liked this episode.

• Love 1

I can't imagine this episode was good press for Scratch & Grain. I surely won't buy anything they make after watching that segment.

The lady with the failed stuffed animal business bugged me. "Helping other 'entrepreneurs'"? Selling "tattoo" masks? That's lucrative for, what--one week a year in New Orleans? She struck me as too entitled to suck it up and get a shitty job like the rest of us poor suckers.

• Love 1