Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Harvested

Urban legend presented as fact.  smdh.

The guy is lying face down in the street, gets up, walks a few steps, and falls face down into the street again.  People flock around.  Why hadn't they been flocking around when he was first face down in the street?

• Love 3

I wasn't paying strict attention, so maybe this is wrong, but I think they were in hot pursuit of an organ salesman for the first 45 minutes, then someone mentions the religious belief that dead people are better off in the afterlife if they have a full set of body parts.  BOOM.  Suddenly the clues are right there, the magic computer spits out critical pharmacy records, we're looking for the son of an ambulance driver. . . done and done.  It was lucky that person who added the afterlife tidbit wasn't distracted or failed to speak up, but I probably would have continued looking for an organ profiteer.

I'm addicted to House Hunters International for the insights into other cultures and I appreciate a few of those glimpses from this show, too.  I didn't know helping out a Thai farmer was the new version of backpacking across Europe; the hand-to-hand bucket brigade for a fire in the slums seemed like an authentic detail.

I'm just not sure this show is worth watching for that one reason.

I am loving this show. The international aspect is the most interesting to me. I am finding the depictions of different cultures and traditions fascinating. Looking forward to seeing each week what country they go to next.

Are all of the episodes filmed on location? How can this show afford the budget?

The hand-to-hand bucket brigade was my favorite part.

I like the international aspect, but I'm afraid with the premise of the show, we will only see negative aspects. Hopefully, they can highlight positive aspects as well.

Sinise threatening the mob boss lady:  If you don't help me I WILL RETURN with the FULL FORCE of the United States Government behind me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody better tell Obama and Secretary of State Kerry that they better get the troops on standby...one of the FBI guys is promising war in India to make his point.

• Love 5

I'm really wanting to like this show but it's just making me miss the previous spinoff with Forest Whitaker and the hot British guy. I keep seeing the title as Criminal Minds: Beyond Boring

Plus it does worry me reinforcing the whole Americans-in-peril-for-daring-to-leave-the-safe-and-cozy-confines-of-home trope. Just a whiff of xenophobia so far, but it seems like it may be difficult to avoid given the nature of the show.

• Love 1

I didn't watch the first episode, but caught this one. It really felt like it was filmed in India-so good on them for hiring actors and support staff outside the of the U.S. However, the one thing that kept taking me out of the story was that one female agent who word a leather jacket for the entire episode except for the very end (fire brigade...). In every enclosure, fans were running; actors were sweating, etc. But, she wore a leather jacket. Hmmmmm. I will keep watching, but that was just too much...