Type keyword(s) to search

Oswald Cobblepot: Sharp dressed gangster with a bird fetish

Kromm
  • Start Topic

I love that theory, John Potts. And looking at the promo above, it certainly would be a "long con" on the audience. Not to mention a good way of introducing The Joker into the story without generating a massive amount of hype that would be impossible to live up to.

• Love 1

Just remembered something that bothered me in the last episode - when Penguin's henchman agrees to take his mother home before torturing a confession out of Delaware, he gives her his arm and says, "let's go, Mrs. K."    Why?   All the publicity for the show spells it Cobblepot. 

I think Cobblepot is meant to sound more upscale, and in keeping with his amibitions.

Yes,  and less Jewish I suspect.  Although I know nobody is ever Jewish in these old Golden Age titles Penguin and his mother in this show are right out of Philip Roth or Mel Brooks.

So how long before Taylor says "Screw it, I want my own hair color back" and they wig him out for filming?

I'm trying to think of another male actor that had to drastically change his hair for a TV role; and I'm blanking.

Edited by Trini

I'm trying to think of another male actor that had to drastically change his hair for a TV role; and I'm blanking.

James Marsters on Buffy. He had to peroxide his head and reportedly his scalp was constantly burned and blistered from the constant peroxide treatments.

• Love 2

I don't think penguin has a bird fetish it's a nickname he earned along the way he made after Fish Moonie Punished him at the first episodes when these 2 people gave him a ride and he took them hostage they told him that he is like a penguin because of how he walks 

I think Penguin is much more cooler on Gotham rather than the games cuz in the games he is a kingpin but on gotham he is more cooler :D