Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Here Comes the Brides

Great idea for a party: everyone wears their old wedding dresses!!

Twas nice to see Janet and her ex having a lovely family dinner (if he could reign in the womanizing I think they could have a great relationship moving into their older years. They are so compatible) .... everything else during this episode was a Snooooooze

Recap:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/real-housewives-of-melbourne-episode-4-recap-janets-on-the-prowl/news-story/aa92b1b14bf39c7f0bc1fe5dcb418a65

• Love 1

I loved seeing everyone in their wedding dresses. Chyka looked so different in her flashback! And Lydia's dress was actually very pretty.

I love Jackies expressions to Petitfleur and find Petitfleur so irritating. She is a such a drama queen

• Love 1

I'm loving Janet's storyline even more this season than I did last season (and she was my standout for last season). She and her step-familiy have some really great chemistry, I'm surprised the show waited this long to mine their chemistry.

I'm getting the feeling that Susie isn't going to pay off as a housewife. The Lydia feud sounded promising back when it was vague and mysterious, but now that we actually know the actual extent of it (one-sided feelings from Susie about rumours that Lydia has never heard of) I don't see where else they can take this. The beauty of Pettifleur and Gamble as housewives was that their eclectic personalities allowed them to have storylines outside of their existing feud. Susie seems pretty one-note outside of the Lydia fight.

Thankfully there's more than enough housewives this season so Susie doesn't really need to do anything. I'm glad Lydia's been coaxed back into getting her claws out- as infuriating as it is, she makes for good TV.

Edited by GuyAwks
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

I laughed out loud / did a big shocked face at Janet saying she wanted to try all men - tall, short, black, white.....

I don't know about Susie either. I think she's cute especially when she smiled when with her sons, bur she probably would've been better off as "friend of".

Lydia's wedding dress was very nice. Not too "look at me" but still looked expensive.

My new favourite saying is "pushing shit uphill"!

• Love 1

Susie is a bit of a bust. She's one note and boring. Susie got owned by Lydia. Let that sink in. Lydia is only passingly familiar with the phrase "two wrongs don't make a right." She thinks you can pronounce legend as legen. The first time Lydia heard the phrase "you can never be too rich or too thin" was on this show and she thought it was hilarious. She's clearly comfortable being racist, patronizing, and condescending on international television. Lydia is so dumb that her catchphrase was "wow!" And this fucking moron owned Susie in an argument. I thought the Morally Corrupt Faye Resnick's shut out of Kathryn Edwards was brutal. This was tough to watch because Lydia is just so fucking stupid and Susie had nothing. Nothing! NOTHING!!!  Gurl, go directly to jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

Janet better be careful with her blind date. He can cook, wash, and clean. Lydia might kidnap him, hold on to his passport, and make him into her newest house friend. I loved Janet saying that she was open to dating anyone. Considering how much of a philanderer her ex was, there is the possibility that Janet will end up as Eskimo buddies with her ex through transitive properties. Loved Janet's story of strong arming her ex into marrying her. She invited all their friends and family and was basically like show up or don't. Too funny and such a ballsy broad move. The family dinner was fun and sweet. I think there is a way to be back in each other's lives without being in a romantic relationship.

I liked the idea of the wedding dress party. It was cute. I would love to see this idea migrate to the other franchises. If they all didn't hate each other, it might be fun in RHoNY.

Pettifleur is such an awful human being. I'm glad the women told her that she was being straight up awful by refusing the invitation. I cannot believe that she was boo hooing about her dad not walking her down the aisle when she eloped! If I didn't know better, I would swear that Pettifleur is a Visitor from V who is unsuccessfully trying to hide her lizard person core.

Jackie is willing to put up with Pettifleur for filming, but clearly she fucking hates her. I wish something new was happening with La Mascara. This non story about a baby is not a thing.

• Love 7

I was not a Jackie fan in previous seasons, but I love her this season.  She is cracking me up.  I love her facial expressions and exasperation when dealing with Pettifleur. It is a riot to watch.   LOVE that she tells the other woman to shut the fuck up.  I feel like this is the real Jackie.  Where has she been hiding?

Can Pettifleur be any more shallow?  I really cannot stand her.   I imagine she has little to no female friends in real life.

Pettifleur, PLEASE stop wearing those ridiculous blue contacts.  They make you look like a vampire- and not a sexy one either.  You look horrible, bordering on scary.

Janet's house...not as grand as I imagined. Love her relationship with her ex and her stepkids.  Lots of love in that family.  So pleased to see her son Jake smiling and present.

Susie...who?  So boring.  Adds nothing to the show.

Lydiot.  Reality TV gold.  She is a caricature. I cannot believe she's for real.   Her wedding dress is not cute. I don't care if it's hand-sown Dolce and Gabbana.

The wedding dresses- I"m surprised most of them fit into their dresses.  I threw mine away after my divorce.

Chyka is adorable. 

Gamble, Gamble, Gamble...she's like a wounded little bird.  She's like a cupcake with extra sprinkles. I cannot dislike her.  I think she genuinely loves her stepson. Her pain about not having biological children is real.  I feel for her. Her stepson seems to love her and he's very protective of her. 

• Love 3
On 8/13/2016 at 11:23 PM, RubberDuckie said:

Janet's house...not as grand as I imagined. Love her relationship with her ex and her stepkids.  Lots of love in that family.  So pleased to see her son Jake smiling and present.

It was nice seeing Janet's son laughing and having a good time at family dinner night.

• Love 1
On 8/13/2016 at 10:23 PM, RubberDuckie said:

I was not a Jackie fan in previous seasons, but I love her this season.  She is cracking me up.  I love her facial expressions and exasperation when dealing with Pettifleur. It is a riot to watch.   LOVE that she tells the other woman to shut the fuck up.  I feel like this is the real Jackie.  Where has she been hiding?

Can Pettifleur be any more shallow?  I really cannot stand her.   I imagine she has little to no female friends in real life.

Pettifleur doesn't even have any female relatives in her life. Her sister was clear that she was not up for one more second of Pettifleur's shallow self-absorption. If this show decides to go full New Jersey, then Pettifleur's is a must. Gillian is absolutely necessary. I loved Pettifleur's perfectly oblivious and self centered response that she couldn't be expected to remember every detail when her sister talked about working at the same place for 8 years. Pettifleur is lucky she never had a daughter. She would have been a petty jealous nasty mother to her daughter. Everything is measured on whether men want to fuck her and if women are jealous of her. Was Pettifleur the one who accused Wolfie of being crazy because he didn't remember her from the first time he met her.

After her first season, Jackie was so certain that she could hop franchises to Beverly Hills or New York. She couldn't then, but she can now. She has this level of zero fucks that she exhibits now that would fit in with many of the American franchises.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

She has this level of zero fucks that she exhibits now that would fit in with many of the American franchises.

When Jackie told Pettifleur she was annoying and full of shit I nearly died.  'But I didn't say it behind your back, I said it to your face!'

Shine on Jackie.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8