Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: Python's Revenge

Cyber’s most notorious criminal, Python, returns to kidnap Avery’s surrogate daughter, making the team decipher a series of elaborate code-like puzzles in an attempt to save her life.

Feels like a repeat but billed as a new episode. IDK!

• Love 1

Are they talking about Avery's daughter's childhood friend? That she had coffee with one time? Deep.

"Elaborate code-like puzzles" sounds great, since the crack CSI: Cyber team is barely able to figure out extremely basic cases, cyber or otherwise.

• Love 1

They are already recycling criminal's from this season.  That's pretty weak.  

So they basically ripped off most of the plot from the first half of Diehard 3 where John McCain ran all over Manhattan solving .. you guessed it .. . puzzles in order to stop a bomb.

(edited)

Wow !!! That was ridiculously stupid -- even for this show.

Where to start -- the stupid fight between Mundo and Miguel, the stupid experiment by DB making quartz (seriously), the idiots at CTOC connecting to a deep web site and not isolating it from the rest of their network (idiots !!), DB and the book where he miraculously found the answer to the first puzzle by pulling the answer out of his ass, the injections that were supposed to kill Grace (but didn't), the bag over Grace's head that was supposed to kill her (but didn't), Grace taking her finger off the button that was supposed to kill her (but didn't), the assumption that uber-hacker Python would use just a regular off the shelf camera and use no security measures whatsoever to prevent it from being found so it would be easily found and many many more stupid things.

And all of those stupid acts pale in comparison to Python breaking into Avery's new apartment after killing the security detail and then monologuing himself to death.  He could have just shot her while she was sleeping.  What an idiot !!

Is DB trying to bang Avery ?  And why was Avery yelling for most of the episode ?

Miguel tortures a guy for information, but Avery is going to let that slide this time because he's such a good friend.  WTF ?

Bye, Bye Python -- nobody cares that you are dead from your own stupidity.

ETA: I'm still curious how Python missed shooting Avery -- he had her at basically point-blank range and he fired first.  Avery didn't move before returning fire but the bullet was magic and completely missed her.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2
(edited)

I was not planning to watch this, but somehow...and unsurprisingly, it was really dumb and anti-climatic.  It was like a Bond movie, maybe the Timothy Dalton one, where all the whimsy was gone and the Bond villain had killer surge protectors and ridiculous riddles instead of sharks and flying bowler hats.  

And all of those stupid acts pale in comparison to Python breaking into Avery's new apartment after killing the security detail and then monologuing himself to death.  He could have just shot her while she was sleeping.  What an idiot !!

Although I guess monologuing himself to death was a pretty Bond villain thing to do.  Actually, maybe it was more like the Adam West Batman, also minus any fun.  Only thankfully we don't need to tune in the same Bat Time, same Bat Channel because Python and maybe the show itself are dead.

Python put a lot of effort into everything else, but when it came to killing Avery, I guess he forgot his Bat Elimination Plan.  Shouldn't he have brought mom's head to watch it all play out, rather than her ashes?  

Did DB really need to physically make quartz to figure out what those elements made?  Couldn't he have looked it up on, I don't know, the internet?

Avery yelling that it totally made sense to put numerous active investigations and agents in danger because CTOC would rather stand around staring at a girl dying than reset their system or figure out some kind of workaround was really amazing.  Yup, totally the only logical course of action, Avery.

Edited by iscoffy
  • Love 1
(edited)

And here's one big WTF ?  If Python drugged and kidnapped Grace and she woke up in that room, how did she keep her finger on the button while she was unconscious BEFORE she woke up ?  And why would she have clicked and held that button at all -- since Python never gave her any instructions after she woke up ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1
And all of those stupid acts pale in comparison to Python breaking into Avery's new apartment after killing the security detail and then monologuing himself to death.  He could have just shot her while she was sleeping.  What an idiot !!

I'm not sure if I trust this show.  Did Avery really kill Python or was it a dream?  It just seemed too easy (and as stated above, she easily shot him while his bullets missed her).

They basically had to replace every piece of electrical equipment in the building, including all cables, surge protectors, mouses (mice?), keyboards, etc.  And for the second time.  How much did this cost the taxpayers, I wonder?  Also, what about things like flash drives?  Anyone who had used one before and then used it again might re-infect the system.  Did Krummy think about those?

• Love 1

They basically had to replace every piece of electrical equipment in the building, including all cables, surge protectors, mouses (mice?), keyboards, etc.  And for the second time.  How much did this cost the taxpayers, I wonder?  Also, what about things like flash drives?  Anyone who had used one before and then used it again might re-infect the system.  Did Krummy think about those?

And basically CTOC was brought to their knees because their internal Wifi wasn't secured -- and -- they didn't replace the one surge protector that had a rogue wifi device embedded in it --  and -- they didn't isolate the Internet connection to that Deep Web site.  That's three strikes -- Krummie and Lil' Bow Wow, you're fired -- now go pal around with Emmit Smith down by the coffee truck.

• Love 1

Forget the cyber stuff go back to CSI 101 when the Crime Scene Investigator on the crew, DB, picks up the severed head evidence without even gloving up

When did the FBI invest in a teleporter?

That's the only explanation to how Avery could magically get from FBI in Washington D.C. to Reading, PA in the ten minutes it took to bring Grace out of that building to the ambulance.

And why does the FBI keep a fully stocked chemical lab in the Cyber unit?

• Love 1
When did the FBI invest in a teleporter?

That's the only explanation to how Avery could magically get from FBI in Washington D.C. to Reading, PA in the ten minutes it took to bring Grace out of that building to the ambulance.

I figured that the FBI had the one from Miami transferred when 'CSI: Miami' wrapped up.  I remember Caine being able to get from Miami to Brazil, solve a crime, and get back to Miami all in one day.