Type keyword(s) to search

The "Ichabbie, Yay!" Thread

I loved it when Abbie called him "Captain" in last season's finale. I wish they'd pull that one out again, but only for very special occasions. I may be wrong but he seems to use Abbie with greater frequency this season than he did previously. 

Like sexy times?  Sorry, couldn't help it. 

• Love 2

Like sexy times?  Sorry, couldn't help it. 

You've got me fanning myself at work. Hmmm, maybe Crane is thinking about sexy times whenever he says, 'Abbie.' That, and the fact that one of them might die. 

You've got me fanning myself at work. Hmmm, maybe Crane is thinking about sexy times whenever he says, 'Abbie.' That, and the fact that one of them might die. 

I think there was a fanfic where they would only call each other by their given name in moments of ecstasy.  I've read way to many fanfic.

I do like the idea of "Crane" and "Lieutenant" (it's spelled the same way; we use the "lef" pronunciation in Canadian cadet corps so I'm familiar with it) being their everyday Witness activity nicknames, and regular names only being used when great emotion on a personal-relationship level (not Witnessing level) is called for. I think we see that with Ichabod now, but them he's more emotionally unguarded than Abbie is. I have a feeling the first time she calls him "Ichabod" will be extremely significant.

I'd really enjoy a Abbie using the "Captain" title as well. I don't think either he or she would dispute she's normally the lead, so maybe she could use it as a nickname when she's letting him know to take the reins on something.

Oh! Abbie did call Crane Ichabod but just once as far as I can remember. It was in the season one finale.

"I’m not asking for your permission. It’s my turn, Ichabod..."

• Love 1

Loved their donut discussion as reflection of trust or lack thereof. Could always have longer hugs than this week's epi. Any other thoughts?

I need to def rewatch for the up and down look Crane is said to give Abbie during this discussion.

Okay, friends, we need to talk.

At the beginning of the season, I would have described myself as an Ichabbie fan.  Now, largely thanks to your influence,* I have developed into what I can only describe as thirsty, thirsty Ichabbie shipper trash.

As such, I am greatly concerned by the level of dejection I'm seeing in our little community.  Granted, the writers have been indulging in all sorts of ship-baiting, hot-n-cold fuckery lately, but I refuse to let that get me down.  As a contribution to our collective well-being, I offer the following links as balm.  They lead to unabashedly pro-Ichabbie, shipper-friendly recaps written by people who still enjoy and feel invested in the show (I discovered them after breaking up with Random Tea):

TV Love:  "Dawn's Early Light"**

Head Over Feels:  "Incommunicado"

* Seriously, y'all have wrecked my life with this.  "Ms. Netlyon2, why are you writing our quiz at the beginning of class?" "Well, I sorta lost track of time reading Ichabbie fanfic last night, so . . ."

** I really hate it when people misspell "Sophie" as "Sophia."  It's getting to "flames on the side of my face" levels. Totally irrational, I know. *sigh*

• Love 4
Head Over Feels:  "Incommunicado"

Head Over Feels are still doing recaps! Hell ya. I've missed them. *bookmark*

...I can only describe as thirsty, thirsty Ichabbie shipper trash...

Aren't we all? (okay, most of us)

....but I refuse to let that get me down...

It's so nice to see/hear/read this...! *lesigh*

• Love 2

Glad to see this thread getting some play and I appreciate your efforts to rally the troops, netlyon2. I've just been burned too many times by ships that I was trashed for and my poor, battered little heart has to be protected until proven--without shadow of a doubt--that I won't be let down again.

* I really hate it when people misspell "Sophie" as "Sophia."

IKR? Just plain carelessness, laziness or both. If you're gonna blog, be accurate with proper names, spelling, punctuation, etc. Sorry, my only defense is I majored in English.

Edited by taurusrose
  • Love 2

Just because this show is so packed full of cracked history, I took Sophie's name as a nickname for Sophia, or wisdom. She's something of a witness, after all.

Just because this show is so packed full of cracked history, I took Sophie's name as a nickname for Sophia, or wisdom. She's something of a witness, after all.

Well, no one has ever called her Sophia or indicated that was her given name. So...canon makes her Sophie. I know. I know. Some people just won't budge. LOL

• Love 1
(edited)

So, on my last glorious day of Spring Break indulgence, I offer a vid that I discovered this morning. "Golden" Don't ask me how many times I've already watched it. If you ask me, I'll tell you, and I don't want to tell you.

***happily imagines someone forcing Reynolds to watch this on loop while repeatedly smacking him upside the head***

Edited by netlyon2
  • Love 4

So, on my last glorious day of Spring Break indulgence, I offer this vid that I discovered this morning.  "Golden"  Don't ask me how many times I've already watched it.  If you ask me, I'll tell you, and I don't want to tell you.

***happily imagines someone forcing Reynold to watch this on loop while repeatedly smacking him upside the head***

Oh, my.  I am now aching for an Ichabbie kiss more than ever.  That was breathtaking in its display of the chemistry between these two wonderful actors.

• Love 2
(edited)

If I were magic and could write this however I want: Ichabod and Abbie would get stuck in the catacombs again - nor for a month, just for a few days (in real time) - and this time it would be a completely different experience, because they're actually there together and not just in mind or spirit only. This would be the first time they would spend any significant time together without having the world hang in the balance all the time, and therefore they lean on each other even harder and confide in each other even more....

If this was written like it's the last season: This would be the catalyst that shows Abbie that being with Ichabod is all she needs and has ever needed; Ichabod confesses that ever since she entered that tree he's been truly madly deeply in love with her (although he didn't realize it until Zoe opened his eyes); they have a romantic sexytime tryst among the catacombs before being rescued. Whereupon Abbie has to contend with the fact that for Danny it's only been a few days and of course he thinks they're still on, whereas it's been a couple of months for her and she now knows she loves someone else.

If it's written like it's not the last season: no romance, but the experience shows Ichabod that he's actually in love with Abbie and hates that she's with Daniel. Whereas Abbie is still determined to see this through with Danny now that she's invested...but is unnerved that she hardly thought about him while in the catacombs, not with Ichabod to share that time with. (This would set up the finale, where Daniel rats out Ichabod to the FBI and they take him to a place unknown in a coup; Abbie goes ballistic on Daniel and would probably kill him if it didn't take Jenny, Joe, Sophie and Papa Mills to pull them apart.

"Delaware" - the sense of crossing something that, once committed, means you can't go back and nothing is ever the same again. Like the start of romantic feelings towards your Witness partner!

Anyway, I thought it would be a fun way to go and wanted to post before the writers pull whatever they're gonna do in this episode (which is probably a 180 from my thinking).

Edited by Miss Dee
  • Love 3