Type keyword(s) to search

The Real Reason Ben Briley Was Eliminated

• Start Topic

http://wp.me/p4qElg-4Z

On March 13th, Ben Briley was eliminated from American Idol with just 0.07% of the votes. However, votes had nothing to do with Briley's elimination from the show. I'm told the real reason behind the Gallatin, Tennessee native's elimination was due to the fact that he is related to notorious cyber-bully and stalker Holly Briley, who, as you may recall, was tied to the leak of video diaries recorded by Casey Anthony back in 2012.

http://wp.me/p4qElg-4Z

That's completely unfair to Ben. Like you say, it's not his fault he's related to someone so vile. It's not like he's the one doing all these things. Poor guy. And he missed out on the tour too. 

Evidence?  You were told?  By whom?  Your blog post names people that were let go by the show, and the show said they let them go.  What does that have to do with this?  How is he related to this person?  Why would it even matter?  I've never heard of Holly Briley and couldn't care less about it.  Seems like this just benefits your blog and your personal battle with this person. 

• Love 2

Of course he would have made the tour since he was ousted at number 11 IIRC. I don't know what to say, but I can see AI making a big deal out of nothing which is to say, he can't control what his extended family does. OTOH, AI seems to enjoy a good skunky dustup at times, so IDK.

Of course he would have made the tour since he was ousted at number 11 IIRC. I don't know what to say, but I can see AI making a big deal out of nothing which is to say, he can't control what his extended family does. OTOH, AI seems to enjoy a good skunky dustup at times, so IDK.

Sometimes scandal makes for GREAT television. Idol plays it safe nowadays, it seems.

• Love 1

Even if Ben got eliminated due to this "scandal", his performance of Bennie and the Jets was so bad, he deserved to go home that week anyway.

YES. Where the eff was Randy the Mentor Almighty to advise Ben not to do that song? Even Randy had to know that was suicide. If Randy is going to fill the mentor role he really should try to do at least a little mentoring. "Ben, do not under any circumstances do that song unless you want to go the hell home"  should have been word one to Ben from the mentor. [/air quotes/finger bunnies here]

• Love 2

YES. Where the eff was Randy the Mentor Almighty to advise Ben not to do that song? Even Randy had to know that was suicide. If Randy is going to fill the mentor role he really should try to do at least a little mentoring. "Ben, do not under any circumstances do that song unless you want to go the hell home"  should have been word one to Ben from the mentor. [/air quotes/finger bunnies here]

It's possible Randy did say something about it (not very likely though, I mean… it's Randy) but at the end of the day the contestants choose what they're singing. Every person in the crew could have told him it was a bad idea, but he chose to go ahead with it anyway. I can't remember what he said about it in his interview with Slezak but I do remember him saying he wanted to take a risk and do that song. No matter how many people may have told him not to, it was his choice in the end. 

• Love 1

It's possible Randy did say something about it (not very likely though, I mean… it's Randy)

Based on what they've shown Randy telling the contestants that they then do (horribly), he probably told Ben, "You should sing 'Bennie and the Jets.' I think it would be a good song for you." (Throw in a couple of dawgs and yos.)

I felt bad for Ben because he said his mom loves Elton John and she was always playing his songs while Ben was growing up.  But geez, EJ had like, 400 hits to choose from, why Bennie and the Jets???  Might as well choose Crocodile Rock!

• Love 1