Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Wild Card

thewhiteowl

Ok, here's something I don't get: when Olivia was the power behind Fitz, directing him, running things, getting her own agenda done, her father was horrified and thought it was demeaning she was working for a rich while blueblood. That it wasn't real power and it was unworthy of her. But now that Olivia's going to do EXACTLY the same thing, but with Mellie instead of Fitz, he's thrilled? This is the power he's always wanted her to have? What's the difference?

This is why Rowan's character is the worst. His whole thing is that Olivia is weak and useless and needs his protection and guidance. But that's obviously not the case or we wouldn't be watching the show. So he's just a dangerous sexist stalker.

See, here is where you took a wrong turn. You tried to make sense out of this show.

Trying to do that will only give you a headache. I learned that when Fitz was actually shot in the head and was back to work with a full head of hair and no brain damage within a couple of weeks.

Although undiagnosed brain damage would explain a lot of the stupid shit he does. I have no explanation for the rest of them.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 3

Yeah, the episode was mostly horrible people doing terrible things.  It did surprise me though to find out Uncle Charlie wasn't babysitting, he was holding the boy hostage and would have had no qualms about killing him had his father not complied.  That was chilling.  Quinn is going to be soooo mad when she finds out.

Yeah, the episode was mostly horrible people doing terrible things.  It did surprise me though to find out Uncle Charlie wasn't babysitting, he was holding the boy hostage and would have had no qualms about killing him had his father not complied.  That was chilling.  Quinn is going to be soooo mad when she finds out.

I did not catch that!  This show drives me nuts.

Olivia and Jake are the opposite of hot.  Notwithstanding the terrible B316 plotline, I liked Jake because Olivia was his Achilles Heel--proof he was human.  I just don't buy Jake in love with some other woman but still sleeping with Olivia.  That whole thing needs to stop.  Olivia can just be alone for awhile without either of the two guys she was stringing along in her life.  

And yes, I'm also a "no" on the Fitz/Abbie.  The only positive I can see in it is that it would almost certainly mean that Fitz and Olivia were done for good.  Hopefully.

Olivia and Jake are the opposite of hot.  Notwithstanding the terrible B316 plotline, I liked Jake because Olivia was his Achilles Heel--proof he was human.  I just don't buy Jake in love with some other woman but still sleeping with Olivia.  That whole thing needs to stop.  Olivia can just be alone for awhile without either of the two guys she was stringing along in her life.  

Except that if that happened then we'd have to endure a scene where Rowan comes over to present her with a vibrator.

Yeah, the episode was mostly horrible people doing terrible things. It did surprise me though to find out Uncle Charlie wasn't babysitting, he was holding the boy hostage and would have had no qualms about killing him had his father not complied. That was chilling. Quinn is going to be soooo mad when she finds out.

What makes you say he would have had no qualms about killing the boy? I didn't get that sense at all.

And did the father get killed or just arrested? That didn't make that clear, just that Gov Hottie is a hero.

(edited)
Fitz doesn't give a shit about national security, he just wants to get laid?

In fairness, this has been the case since the first episode of the show.

I'm happy Annabeth Gish is on a big hit show (again!) But wow am I sad that her character is being wasted on the awful Fitz.

Edited by Gillian Rosh

In fairness, this has been the case since the first episode of the show.

I'm happy Annabeth Gish is on a big hit show (again!) But wow am I sad that her character is being wasted on the awful Fitz.

LOVED her in Shag and Mystic Pizza, HATED her in Double Jeopardy. I suppose it's fitting that I'm most likely going to hate her in the Scandal universe. Oh well....