Type keyword(s) to search

Dimension W - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Heck, looks like it's tough on the people with regular bodies too. Also, it's entirely possible that the young prince has a backup power source. If I were in his shoes, I wouldn't want to rely on a single power source if I had a choice.

I'm going to predict that Loser was a Grendel too - more than one soldier came back from that mission. Or at least, he was there (maybe on the other side of the conflict).

I'm having a hard time believing there was ever that much urbanization or that much military power on Easter Island. In real life, I think any conflict there would be more like the Falklands war than anything with reality-shattering consequences.

Continue watching is all I can say.

Easter Island today has over 5000 people . If a major research facility started then the pop could drastically increase and an area of the island become incredibly urbanized. There have been major increases in population when a major facility opens. Sometimes just a few thousand other times tens of thousands.

Meet Seamyer, a crazy blue haired bad guy who wears a suit covered with arrows. It's like he told his tailor to make him a suit out of the Symbol of Chaos. With that, all his talk about Dimension W's "possibilities", and the horrifying results of coil accidents, it's starting to look like the coils have been tapping energy from a Chaos Realm. I half expect that Arioch is going to show up demanding blood and souls any minute now.

Kyoma falls into a literal memory hole, intruding on one of The Wind's memories in the process, and relives scenes just prior to his girlfriend's death. She makes a big point about how her lifeline has a break in the middle and then continues on for a long time, which tends to support my hypothesis that she's going to come back to life at some point.

Speaking of The Wind, we find out how his little bro' ended up with an android body. Revolution, outside agitators, assassination attempt, tragic error, etc, etc.

Maybe they were demolished to build that giant structure. The statues are distinctive, but compared to (seemingly) free energy? No contest.

Demolishing a World Heritage Site to build a research facility? I'm not buying it.

BTW I found a screenshot of the "shit combo" from episode 2.

Edited by Sandman87

So Loser used to look like Havoc from FMA. And apparently the rogue scientists at Easter Island were trying to do more with Dimension W, the place where all that might-have-beens end up, than just getting an endless supply of electricity. At least they are finally fleshing out the backstory.

(edited)

I'm happy now. They showed some moai in the exterior shots while Evil Assassin Guy was blathering.

Next episode is "The Lost Genesis". I guess someone stole Kyoma's video game console.

ETA: The music that the bad guy was playing has got to be the worst rendition of Danse Macabre I've ever heard.

Edited by Sandman87
(edited)

I think Seelman will turn out to be the witch with the arrow motif, from that show with that punk Black Star kid.  (Apparently after a while I only remember annoying characters and not show titles.)  She was fun, I'd be ok with that twist.  

It's creepy that Mira, the little prince, and Kiyoma's dead ex all have the same body.   Actually, it kinda puts all the fan service in a bad light too....

Edited by lathspel

I missed the heads. I still have the episode on DVR . . . where does the moai pop up?

I'll have to rewatch again to see if the main bad guy resembles Medusa. I kinda miss Soul Eater. Well, except for the Excalibur episodes.

Only three more episodes left? I'm hoping that Kyoma treats Mira a little better by the end, but I'm not counting on that.

I believe there's actually only 2 episodes left (the most recent episode was 10 right?  There's 12 total plus an OVA).  I feel that Kyoma treats Mira the way he does based on her reminding him so much of his wife.  I have to say I really ended up liking this show.  It really hit the ground running with respect to the plot, not too much faffing about like other animes.

Fools!  Yeah, I don't need that back.  

I didn't realize this series was so short.  I do like how they dived in so fast, although there were a couple times I could've used more background actually.  

On Wednesday, May 04, 2016 at 9:08 PM, Lantern7 said:

I missed the heads. I still have the episode on DVR . . . where does the moai pop up?

During the part where the guy with the dark suit and the bad Danse Macabre recording is talking. They cut to a couple of still shots of of the rubble outside, and one shot shows a couple of moai still standing on the left side of the screen, while another shows a pile of rubble where you can see part of one if you look carefully

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 9:57 PM, lathspel said:

Fools!  Yeah, I don't need that back.  

I didn't realize this series was so short.  I do like how they dived in so fast, although there were a couple times I could've used more background actually.  

Short anime series of 12 episodes plus an ova or two or three is becoming pretty common. There is in fact a Japanese word for this trend and I wish I remember which j-list blog posting mentioned it. A manga series may get several such seasons of 12 but something that didn't come from a manga also tends to now follow the rule of 12 plus ova. Like Deadman Wonderland if you want to see all the extra good stuff you buy the Blu-ray or dvd set.

Ending was an ending. They left the door open for follow-ups, but I don't think Dimension W is fun enough to warrant that. Bad guy gets his, hero makes peace with his past and goes forward, and spunky robot girl doesn't get abused that much.

Well, if anyone ever asks me what I think of this show, I'll probably have to rack my brains to remember it at all. Other than the "shit combo" graphic and the bad guy in the Chaos suit, nothing is likely to stick.

Last couple of episodes were anime-level WTF, with the magical Dimension W being invoked the same way that "a wizard did it" is in fantasy shows.

I agree, this felt a little too rushed and disjointed.  I wanted to like these characters but still don't know much about them.  

I do like that at times we get some very manga-styled still frames with color shadows.  That's a neat technique and I've appreciated it throughout.