Type keyword(s) to search

S41.E13: Melissa McCarthy / Kanye West

• Start Topic

As I posted last week..YMMV was invented for just these kinds of occasions..I still think Dirty Dancing was hilarious.

As far as SNL not having a angle on President Obama...there was The Rock Obama...and Schoolhouse Rock...

Maybe they don't do Obama because Key and Peele have done Obama and they know they can't compare in writing and performance. Anyway, the political news is the election.

Now that the Scalia death has caused an SC showdown, they can go with something.

Edited by SFoster21

Are you saying that was Kanye in the monologue lifting up Melissa? I didn't think so. I thought it was just two extras holding her up.

Yeah that was a totally different black man.  

Edited by Lexxy

Maybe they don't do Obama because Key and Peele have done Obama and they know they can't compare in writing and performance. Anyway, the political news is the election.

Now that the Scalia death has caused an SC showdown, they can go with something.

Key and Peele's inroad to Obama-humor was comedic genius. 

I'm hard-pressed to figure how SNL can cull humor from Scalia's death and/or the political fallout.  Maybe they could have Bobby play the ghost of Scalia using originalism to reprimand current GOP Senators for not following the Constitution as it was understood in 1789?  Have Scalia's ghost go back to 1789 and be told by Madison what an absurd idea orginalism is?

• Love 2

I was a little surprised and disappointed they didn't have Taran ( or even Pete) playing the Rubio as a robot motif that exploded after the  debate last week.  They did one joke on Update.  They must be on the fence about who will be playing him long term, but that was a missed opportunity in this episode. 

Edited by vb68

Key and Peele's inroad to Obama-humor was comedic genius.

I'm hard-pressed to figure how SNL can cull humor from Scalia's death and/or the political fallout. Maybe they could have Bobby play the ghost of Scalia using originalism to reprimand current GOP Senators for not following the Constitution as it was understood in 1789? Have Scalia's ghost go back to 1789 and be told by Madison what an absurd idea orginalism is?

I was thinking more of Obama's reaction to the Senators denying his candidate. Not of Scalia per se. Scalia should stay dead, you ask me.

"Rubbers are rad" made me think of what a friend of mine told me was his dad's sex talk. They were watching Cheers (late 80s), and his father turned to him and said, "You know Sam's really funny on TV. But in real life, he'd have AIDS." Conversation complete.

I thought that the Open was taking a playful swipe at Bernie supporters. I wouldn't call it full-on Hillary support, but I will say that it encouraged me to be more vocal and visible about my support for her. I think a lot of us feel "uncool" supporting her. Which is just dumb.

• Love 4

I was thinking more of Obama's reaction to the Senators denying his candidate. Not of Scalia per se. Scalia should stay dead, you ask me.

The Rock Obama would be the obvious vehicle for this, maybe too obvious and/or repetitive.  Concur about the actual Scalia.

Jeebus, they're off again already, so it'll probably be stale anyway. 

Edited by JZL