Type keyword(s) to search

Fast-Talking Worlds Will Collide When Bunheads's Sutton Foster Comes To Gilmore Girls

Primetimer
  • Start Topic

Sutton Foster on Gilmore Girls is an idea made of win.

I do wonder if she's playing her Bunheads character how they resolve the notion that Emily Gilmore is going to look EXACTLY like that lady she works with at her dance studio.

She could be the new Mrs. Christopher (showing he never got over Lorelai), or a long lost cousin (who looked up to her cool cousin growing up), or Emily's new friend from the DAR (who is everything she wanted Lorelai to be), or she could be Rory's boss (aka Work mom).

Basically I want her to be Bizzaro Lorelai, and to become fast friends, because women hating each other for no reason is played out.

• Love 1

She could be the new Mrs. Christopher (showing he never got over Lorelai), or a long lost cousin (who looked up to her cool cousin growing up), or Emily's new friend from the DAR (who is everything she wanted Lorelai to be), or she could be Rory's boss (aka Work mom).

Basically I want her to be Bizzaro Lorelai, and to become fast friends, because women hating each other for no reason is played out.

Any of those scenerios would work beautifully. I could get behind any of them. 

But that's not a typical tact for Amy Sherman-Palladino anyway. It's far more typical of one of her shows to have characters that occupy that middle ground that most of us have in real life--where they interact but aren't particularly friends or enemies. There may be quipping from a protagonist about things another character does that annoys them, but it's rarely to never constructed as women "hating each other". It's her characters being quirky sarcastic oddballs.

I too want SF's character to be in Lorelai's world and in a positive way.

I think it would make sense for Lorelai to have made new female friend(s) since we last saw her. Given that Rory is likely not in Stars Hollow too often and especially if Sookie is MIA. She's a sociable creature.

Wasn't there a spoiler back in Season 5 or 6 (5 I think) where Emily was to get close to a woman of Lorelai's age within the DAR circles? And then the storyline mever came to pass for whatever reason. So perhaps that is seeing the light of day now? I'm sure I didn't imagine it! I'll try to find it.

Having LG and SF in the same scene would be awesome.

Edited. Found it! Scroll to end.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/gilmore-girls-100-40204/

Edited by Gooey
  • Love 1

I could so see that being the case that SF is Emily's protege and inheritor for the DAR and is basically Lorelai of that world. Of course, this is funny, my wife and mother-in-law recently became friends with a DAR for our chapter who is a GG fan. She ended up saying: "Too bad they will get the DAR completely wrong when the show comes back like they did before." I laughed hard at that one.

• Love 1