Type keyword(s) to search

S28: Erin & Joslyn

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I read on Twitter that she posted an explanation of the penalty on her Facebook page. Apparently, she said that she lost one of the white puzzle pieces and searched for it for over an hour, finally thinking that it was mixed in with one of the other competitor's pieces. She also was told by someone that the blue mask wouldn't be accepted, so she suggested the penalty thinking she could outrun Sheri (?) to the mat. It didn't look like she could mix her pieces up with another competitor's to me, but I really didn't pay that much attention. I also didn't read her Facebook, so that may not have been exactly what she said. 

Ah, OK, here's what she said: "So! Now that you've all seen the episode, let me tell you why I offered up the penalty. Through a bad game of telephone other teams told me that the blue mask couldn't get approved. In transit (or possibly through an accidental mix up of my pieces with another teams) I suddenly was missing a piece of my white mask. I honestly looked for it for an hour, to no avail. Thinking that I had no complete mask, I mentioned the penalty because I thought that my only way out of there was a foot race to the mat. I didn't offer the penalty because I was tired and ready to give up! Oh the beauty of editing!!!!!!"

Clevver News (if anyone has seen it) is really not all that clever.  It's basically constant Listicals and re-reporting of other stuff that more credible outlets have reported on first hand.  The staff walk out from behind some divider and stand next to a window in what looks like some Brooklyn Hipster's apartment for every report. There are like a dozen "faces" there though, so these two being gone for a month certainly didn't inhibit the channel.

Edited by Kromm

I was really bummed to see these two go. There was something really appealing about Erin in particular on this race, for some reason. Something honest? Open? Vulnerable? Genuine? She seemed like a big fan of the show and was really enjoying herself. I don't know what it was exactly but she was one of my favorites.

This is shaping up to be Trump's ideal version of TAR. "First, let's get rid of every team that doesn't have a white guy."

I do not remember this season exceptionally well. I mean, I think I forget most of every season by the next season. But in the past week or so I've gotten really into Clevver's content and I had zero memory of watching these two on the race. I remember Scott and Blair and everyone else that got eliminated after that. I don't think I skipped the first four episodes of the season but maybe I was still trying to figure out who everyone was. 

• Love 1